Sign in to follow this  
urbannoize

Interview From Lana's Managers on New Album (Feb. 20)

What can you tell us about Lana Del Rey’s next album?
Ed: “The new Lana record is brilliant but I won’t say too much about it here. The only thing I would say is that it's something really fresh from her, a departure from the previous record, with some exciting collaborations on it. I think it will continue to solidify her reputation as one of the greatest songwriters of her generation.”

More on the interview with Lana's managers Ed Millett and Ben Mawson for Music Week as they discussed the roll out for the new single and album coming. The article was released February 20th 2017.

http://www.musicweek.com/talent/read/lana-del-rey-releases-new-single/067564

That's great that she is referenced as a SONGWRITER as Lana is one of the greatest songwriters of all time.

I consider Lana in this matter

Poet

Songwriter

Author (writer)

each album from Paradise to Ultaviolence to Honeymoon a new book inside the big book of Elizabeth Grant's life

Affirmative livestyle

Singer of her songs/poems/and cover verson

nowhere THANKFULLY do I consider NOR want her to be a performer.

and I loved Honeymoon, and if one looks at Swan Song, it describes something that immediately leads into Don't let me be Misunderstood

and the next thing we heard from Lana is "LOVE"

which directy shifts the focus of her words from Swan Song into the next book she is writing

I don't give a crap about promo.

Did Lou Reed, Leonard Cohen, do promo? Did Pete Seeger? Did Woody Guthrie? Did the NY Dolls?

Did Burt Bacharach/Hal David do promo on the 100s of songs he wrote?

Did Edith Piaf have hundreds of wardrobe changes or jump into the pit or do shameless promotion? No, she sang her songs

Lana is not going for #1s, though they will occur or won't occur organically.

Lana will have many major songwriting hits as the years go on, and people cover her songs

and one day Elizabeth Grant will enter the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

I Love "Love". She don't need to promo or sell it to me. I am already there.

as Elizabeth/Lana said to Lana/Elizabeth "I will never change you, into something you're not" in Terence Loves you.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

they are so clueless when it comes to streaming. love underperformed there and if I remember correctly was never Top50 Worldwide and HM had awful streaming numbers.

But it's nice to see they keep mentioning Dua Lipa in an interview about LDR.

Hey Ben & Ed, a shame you never showed up here like you promised to adress some things. It would have been so much fun, honestly. truly

You guys have some serious splainin to do

:biblio:

this interview was literally just "uh, yeah, theres a new album... coming sometime... like itll be released some point definitely but we dont know... itll be, like, good, like, i think lana fans will like it. because they like music by lana del rey, and its different, because its like not like the last album, because its a new album... so yeah cool"

pNjWdpc.png

That was literally the most pointless interview :rip:

But thank you for posting it anyways :kiss3:

Haha, glad it could be of some use. Thought it was interesting to share since i didnt see anything posted about it on the forum.

ngl it's just kind of everything we guessed.

There's a new album, it's good, it sounds different, it's coming soon.

So yeah, that was incredibly insightful and totally not things we could have assumed. But one thing I would like to know is is it better than Honeymoon? It's an interesting question because critically, every LDR release since BTD has outpreformed the reviews of the previous album (unlike a lot of modern artist) but hasn't done as well in terms of streaming/sales/etc. really. I wonder if she'll ever find a best of both worlds situation?

What I really want to know is, critically, will this album be better than Honeymoon? Or will we see a decline in quality? Just because in terms of reception Lana's had it REALLY good for a REALLY long time....

a good question to ask lana or her team would have been "what past album does it most closely resemble?" although knowing her she would probably say it doesnt sound anything like any of them

pNjWdpc.png

a good question to ask lana or her team would have been "what past album does it most closely resemble?" although knowing her she would probably say it doesnt sound anything like any of them

or because it's obvious it's not going to sound like damn BTD so stop asking her hahaha.

From Love's production, it does not sound anything like her previous albums, rather, it sounds like her film soundtracks - which is the interesting concept here. I feel it will be more cinematic than her previous work. So it's probably an album of Young and Beautiful/Once Upon a Dream/I Can Fly/Life is Beautiful/etc.

You can mostly tell by the production of the percussion.

Every Lana album is it's own separate genre which is the easiest way to tell them apart and understand why certain songs easily fall into certain categories.

Born to Die is hip hop beats, lots of strings, etc.

Ultraviolence is distorted guitars, drum-kit beats and bass, etc.

Honeymoon is jazz (sax, etc.) with trap beats.

This is more cinematic, minimalistic but hard-hitting beats and float-y sound effects associated with pieces that haven't been associated with albums. So it's going to sound like her soundtracks, from my best estimation on the production value.