Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Honestly I'm not even that excited for this album anymore.

"Love" was a great way to start the era and I love the message it has, but everything since then hasn't really been my cup of tea. "Lust for Life" was a nice little song but it sounds kind of generic, the chorus is extremely repetitive and basic, and half the lyrics are completely nonsensical. I can't even begin on C-WIMM (can't even bear to type out the title it's so tragic). This is quite possibly the worst song Lana has ever released in her entire discography. The message is nice and all but it seems so white girl on tumblr having a whinge about how shitty the world is but doing nothing to actually make a difference. Some of the lyrics are just utter garbage, "what about all these children, and all their children's children?"  :toofunny:  Really Lana?? and "I thought it was hella cool to win 'em over, critics can be so mean sometimes" ???  :deadbanana:  :deadbanana:  SO CRINGY. I cannot believe this song is on the album. It's a disgrace! They better at least have fixed certain elements of the production otherwise I will go right ahead and delete it from my iTunes once again.

"Summer Bummer" is 100% the worst title she has ever used on a released song, and other tracks like "Groupie Love", "In My Feelings", "Get Free", "Change" and "Heroin" are either boring as hell or sound so out of place from this record. And don't even get me started on the other clunky ass titles that take 5 years to type out...

And the best songs we've heard this era, "Best American Record" and "Roses Bloom For You" are nowhere in sight? What the actual hell? #JUSTICEFORBESTAMERICANRECORD #JUSTICEFORROSESBLOOMFORYOU   

And ALSO, where is "Yosemite"???? I was hyped to hear this one considering it was more acoustic but nope.... it's scrapped??

The only songs I'm excited for at this point are "Cherry" and "White Mustang", which sound good, but I mean, even the latter sounds like it has a repetitive as fuck chorus and a tired old BTD 2.0 production.

Hopefully the music will be good. The Stevie Nicks collab is guaranteed to be amazing and hopefully some of the others come through with amazing production and interesting lyrics. I know there's still so much we haven't heard, so it seems a bit premature to be judging the album, but it's hard to be optimistic for an album that so far seems like one big un-cohesive mess with no artistic direction and ugly song titles.

gretchen weiners had cracked

Every time I read this thread I admire Lana a few less bc your commentaries are so negative that causes this effect

Sometimes I'm just ok with something, then I enter here and it's "THATS AWFUL" "OMG THIS IS A MESS" and I get "wow... maybe..."

"Critics can be so mean sometimes"...

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

Every time I read this thread I admire Lana a few less bc your commentaries are so negative that causes this effect

Sometimes I'm just ok with something, then I enter here and it's "THATS AWFUL" "OMG THIS IS A MESS" and I get "wow... maybe..."

don't get swayed so easily. this happens every single era and everyone turns out happy eventually. you just gotta give them time, you know how dramatic gays are.

its funny they do this every single era and don't even notice they do it. i had a meltdown with honeymoon but i eventually loved it so i grew up from that experience. then again theres a lot of newbies that came in this era so all their meltdowns are understandable.

yet we keep coming back  :facepalm:

don't get swayed so easily. this happens every single era and everyone turns out happy eventually. you just gotta give them time, you know how dramatic gays are.

its funny they do this every single era and don't even notice they do it. i had a meltdown with honeymoon but i eventually loved it so i grew up from that experience. then again theres a lot of newbies that came in this era so all their meltdowns are understandable.

I mean, when it's their first era I would imagine they would be more excited about everything that's happening but for some reason they're not and act like this is the fandoms first time with no news in weeks/months (never forget tropico wait)   :diva:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

It's coming, I feel it

HKPDpAU.jpg?12EeCJs6.gif

EDIT: "White Mustang" comfirmed as the song title

Remember Architecture were also registred? And its not on the """"""""""""""""""tracklist""""""""""""""""""

Lana is messing with our heads just for fun, tumblr_inline_ojhxu4GS5Y1t8lmg2_500.gif

Most people who hate LFL (the title track) don't like The Weeknd, right??

I see so much LFL hate on here but I'm a Weeknd fan so I can't really understand it tbh

its just an ok song tbh

I see so much LFL hate on here but I'm a Weeknd fan so I can't really understand it tbh

its literally my fave so far and i have to hold my self back from listening to it because i don't wanna get tired of it before the whole album is released

I'm excited to hear When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing

Me too! I was bummed when it was debated whether it would or wouldn't be on the album. Although, it seems like it might be like Change (imo). Kinda would trade it for Yosemite.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

naachoboy, on 25 Jun 2017 - 01:33 AM, said:

the only song that can choke is mm coachella

choke? that song can immolate itself

piece of -------- sh-t

but i must admit i get the line "i was at coachella leaning on ya shoulder" everytme in my head :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio: :biblio:

I like The Weeknd but lfl isn't a great song imo. I don't think it's objectively bad or anything but I'm a fan of Lana for her signature sound and lfl doesn't have it at all. And the lyrics suck. I don't hate it or anything but it's not making it onto my daily playlist

LIZARD PEOPLE