Elle

Lust For Life - Pre-Release Thread

Idk if this has been brought up but noticed NME even quoted "Lana Del Rey releases 'Lust For Life' on May 26". Sorry but there's no way this album will be out in July, these dates would be taken down / articles changed because of how much confusion it would make if on that date people looked for it and saw it wasn't out for another two months, especially with big names like Rolling Stone and NME- It's not logical to let them keep false info up 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-unveils-new-song-coachella-woodstock-in-my-mind-2072050

giphy.gif

Idk if this has been brought up but noticed NME even quoted "Lana Del Rey releases 'Lust For Life' on May 26". Sorry but there's no way this album will be out in July, these dates would be taken down / articles changed because of how much confusion it would make if on that date people looked for it and saw it wasn't out for another two months, especially with big names like Rolling Stone and NME- It's not logical to let them keep false info up 

http://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-unveils-new-song-coachella-woodstock-in-my-mind-2072050

Rolling Stone and NME? At this point I don't trust Paris Match so hopefully it really is the 26th

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

"so we just have one song left, and I hope you love the new record, it's gonna come out soon, love you. Let's do it Byron, Off to The Races."  :toofunny: predictable

image.png

Rolling Stone and NME? At this point I don't trust Paris Match so hopefully it really is the 26th

Agreed, I'm not even trying to reach myself/everyone into false hope and adding up loose ends but stores will know release dates, know their stock and publications will know release dates. The fact that some stores confirm it and some say they have no info, along with many big publications stating the may 26 release date vs one saying another one just really pushes the 'surprise' May 26 release date. I really think Lana is sick of leaks and wants to release this herself, for the fans, so she's just going to drop the MV monday and album 26th (with possibly a countdown/preorder in between but also possibly not), july 21st is almost august and it makes no sense whatsoever. NME and RS would, on no level, be able to keep false info like this up- my cousin interned at NME offices in London and he said you would mostly likely be fired for something fake being published without stating that it's a possibility, and this just says plain and clearly that it is releasing May 26, and it was a few days ago when if it wasn't confirmed it wouldn't be up more than an hour.

giphy.gif

to be honest the most obvious/right thing to believe is the may 26th date, mostly because all the promo happening right now with all the mag shoots, the interviews, lfl video coming soon, it would be a total waste to not release it may 26th or at least june 2nd, but then again this is Lana and her managers so anything could happen :toofunny: I just hope it isn't July cause that's so far away and it would be a total disaster

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

Agreed, I'm not even trying to reach myself/everyone into false hope and adding up loose ends but stores will know release dates, know their stock and publications will know release dates. The fact that some stores confirm it and some say they have no info, along with many big publications stating the may 26 release date vs one saying another one just really pushes the 'surprise' May 26 release date. I really think Lana is sick of leaks and wants to release this herself, for the fans, so she's just going to drop the MV monday and album 26th (with possibly a countdown/preorder in between but also possibly not), july 21st is almost august and it makes no sense whatsoever. NME and RS would, on no level, be able to keep false info like this up- my cousin interned at NME offices in London and he said you would mostly likely be fired for something fake being published without stating that it's a possibility, and this just says plain and clearly that it is releasing May 26, and it was a few days ago when if it wasn't confirmed it wouldn't be up more than an hour.

That's what I said about RS. They can't possibly be allowed to publish a false date. Also July is like, 5 months after Love was released as a single, so that would be ridiculous.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Lana is the queen of 'coming soon', she wouldn't do all this promo like all the magazines plus a single with the weekend and it's MV within a month if we still had over two more to go, especially when it would give it so much more of a chance at leaking, literally almost definite. Plus she's basically told us most of the track listing and gonna be performing a new song tomorrow, again if it was over two months away WHERE is the rush for it?! She's just being careful and going to surprise us in my opinion

giphy.gif

I hate this level of like 'i'm better than you because i believe in this release date/i'm fine with it coming out in late july' stfu yes we are suffering but we don't give a fuck we want it may 26 otherwise this era is a flop   :facepalm:  :facepalm:  :facepalm:

giphy.gif

For me the LFL video is essential. Besides being another possibly great video alongside Love this era, it has to put some meaning in those lyrics and revive the song for me. I hope that has some sort of spooky story and has great visuals. The trailer it's kind of spooky so I'm looking forward to seeing it

I'm just hoping we'll see more of her, and not like in "Love" MV. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Love MV (and song OFC)

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro