M.I.A.

Lana's favorite books and literature

Literature, no matter if novels or poems, plays a huge role in Lana's life and being a good writer was always her main goal. This is one of the aspects I always liked about her and thats why I am going to make a thread about everything related to her love for literature.

- FULL UPDATE COMING SOON - 

http://www.thefader.com/2011/10/21/what-were-reading-lana-del-rey/

Her reading list from 2011, she mentions some favorite books

I find this thread so interesting that it deserves my first reply on Lanaboards lol

I read this interview with Lizzy a while ago and she mentions a book in it too

14.If you had to go shopping for someone and buy a record, a book and a film – what would they be and why?
“I would buy the same things for anyone. I think everyone should have the book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. The movie "Don't Look Back" by D.A. Pennebaker, and for a record, I would get "Agnus Dei" composed by Samuel Barbe.”

http://www.repeatfanzine.co.uk/interviews/Lana%20Del%20Rey.htm

the book shes reading in the Honeymoon vid, and another insta vid from that era when shes reading outside?

cant remember what they were but someone else can search :P

The Road to Paradise Island by Victoria Holt

On the other hand I don't know which video you're talking about so let's hope there's another Someone Else out there :candy:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

She was reading The Road to Paradise Island. I read that book not long ago, started off great but got really boring halfway through and nothing much else happened

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I find this thread so interesting that it deserves my first reply on Lanaboards lol

I read this interview with Lizzy a while ago and she mentions a book in it too

http://www.repeatfanzine.co.uk/interviews/Lana%20Del%20Rey.htm

That was so sweet of you! I've been a fan of her since basically the beginning and her loving literature and reading all the classics, made me respect her even more. I bought Lolita after BTD dropped and a Walt Whitman poem book before Paradise. There is so much more though!

Her favorite books are definitely "selfhelp-books" and this whole genre of motivational books and the road to a successful life. She named countless of those during her career already.

I will update this ASAP I promise y'all! I'm just very busy with finals right now. 

I was reading some interviews again (I just love reading her sentences and hearing her voice in my head lol) and she metioned some books there too :)

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/cover-story/6737539/lana-del-rey-billboard-cover-pop-stardom-relationships-anxiety

One of the books I love -- aside from [Kenneth Anger’s] Hollywood Babylon -- is The Autobiography of a Yogi.

"The books that most inspires me are:

I love Lolita by Nabokov. I love extracts from Whitman’s Leaves of Grass and Ask and it is given by Esther and Jerry Hicks. It just changed everything for me."