latothemoon

Pepsi releases controversial ad starring Kendall Jenner

I'm sure you've already heard as it's all over the internet, but Pepsi released this controversial ad starring Kendall fucking Jenner as... The face of a revolution? There's lots of things wrong with this video and Pepsi has taken it down. Thoughts? This will make an interesting discussion :smokes3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA5Yq1DLSmQ

Both pepsi & kendall jenner are irrelevant to me so can somebody explain this situation because no one is talking about what happened, everyone is just complaining lol.

edit: oh shit i watched the video and pls dont tell me people are mad bc she handed the cop a pepsi. LMAOOO I can't breathe

I just got out of my Argumentation & Advocacy class and we talked about this! I think the commercial was pretty tasteless. It trivialized the Black Lives Matter movement and completely misrepresented protests. 

And Kendall Jenner........as the face of the resistance.......... seriously?

I think this was lowkey blown out of proportion, the idea was okay, but it was terribly executed, I don't think they intended for it to look like the "privileged white girl" was saving the world, but rather showing how everyone coming together can contribute to a greater good, maybe if they had switched it and had the girl wearing a hijab giving giving it a "closure" it wouldn't have been so controversial. Also, I won't deny that a pepsi solving such issues is a ridiculous idea...

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

I think this was lowkey blown out of proportion, the idea was okay, but it was terribly executed, I don't think they intended for it to look like the "privileged white girl" was saving the world, but rather showing how everyone coming together can contribute to a greater good, maybe if they had switched it and had the girl wearing a hijab giving giving it a "closure" it wouldn't have been so controversial. Also, I won't deny that a pepsi solving such issues is a ridiculous idea...

You put my thoughts into words thank you. This is just another thing the SJWs have blown out for no reason.

Of course the commercial itself was corny as hell. There has been countless commercials like this one across multiple cultures and decades using politics to sell items so this sudden outburst is rather silly. And don't get me started on how people are blaming capitalism for this commercial being able to materialize

The fact that they wrote this whole thing up, hired an entire cast, hired Kendall Jenner, directed it, filmed it, edited it, and STILL thought it was a good idea  :toofunny:

Much time and work spent into projects for them to be bad is nothing new.. Look at Honeymoon

Much time and work spent into projects for them to be bad is nothing new.. Look at Honeymoon

:ohsnap:  :ohsnap:  :ohsnap:  :ohsnap:  :ohsnap:

You put my thoughts into words thank you. This is just another thing the SJWs have blown out for no reason.

Of course the commercial itself was corny as hell. There has been countless commercials like this one across multiple cultures and decades using politics to sell items so this sudden outburst is rather silly. And don't get me started on how people are blaming capitalism for this commercial being able to materialize

By " the social justice warriors" you mean people like child of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. right? You think she has no perspective on trivializing civil rights protests?  :um:

:ohsnap:  :ohsnap:  :ohsnap:  :ohsnap:  :ohsnap:

By " the social justice warriors" you mean people like child of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr. right? You think she has no perspective on trivializing civil rights protests?  :um:

What does Mark Luther King have to do w/ a Pepsi ad?

I really love how a big major soft drink retailer is capitalizing off of social issues such as BLM movement and the misfortune of others in order to sell drinks :)

What a bunch of opportunistic arseholes :facepalm: 

I mean you just don't use people's unhappiness and unfairness to sell a damn soda, it's real life, nobody gives a flying fuck about your damn soft drink, find another way to sell your product. They use this new wave of protest to fight for people's right as though it's a new "trend", then proceed to bring a "trendy" model to sell a product that won't in any shape or form, change the world, they think we're idiots. That's why some people are thoroughly pissed off.. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

i understand what they were trying to go for, but it was executed terribly

i don't understand why people are trying to drag Kendall when its all pepsis fault. she's just doing her job, being a model and getting money

also its annoying that a lot of people are crying out that it demeans Black Lives Matter but nowhere in the video are the protestors holding BLM signs. they are only holding peace signs. if y'all haven't noticed/realized, there are marches and protests for other causes other than black lives (women rights, lgbt rights, etc.)

this was totally blown out of proportion, but its understandable since the country is on edge since recent events

I like the whole theme of it being about peace, but here's whats wrong with the ad:

- Kendall Jenner. Nuff said.

- Pepsi doesn't automatically bring peace on the streets nor does it stop a cop from beating your ass.

- Its over dramatic, it's an ad for a fucking soft drink - a cheap way for Pepsi to make more money by bringing politics/social awareness into it.

- It's like when protestors in the 60s/70s gave cops a flower as a peace offering. Only now with a fucking can of Pepsi? Really?

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

its so fucking stupid i HOWLED

they all fucking celebrate because the cop drank a pepsi? like crowds of people smiling and laughing and jumping

because one cop drank a pepsi?

jfc so stupid lmao

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0