latothemoon

Pepsi releases controversial ad starring Kendall Jenner

the ad stinks bigtime and is tone-deaf and someone should have thought how now the focus is on the actress instead of the message (and yes, probably the Trump people are magnifying it but people should have thought of that before putting this to air.

So in the context it is in, yes, it insults Dr. King's legacy and insults the magnificent and successful and singular issue #blacklivesmatter in which cops beat up, cops follow, cops single out blacks, think of blacks as the enemy and guilty from the start, have a shoot to kill mentality,

be it rich or poor, old or young, students or workers and charge blacks with things that whites in America don't even get a ticket for

Anyone who belittles #blacklivesmatter is either a racist, or is just plain NAIVE and doesn't realize

and with the racist dictator Trump in office, and his KKK like staff including the horrendously corrupt Jeff Sessions (who is every single stereotype of a 1950s movie villian

there is, would love to go back to the times where blacks were lynched and blacks and 100% of all women have ZERO rights

Just look at Trump's lynching yesterday of yet another black woman, the Honorable Susan Rice. In fact, look through all Trump is doing and see how

abysmal his treatment of women and minorities are...

and just this week, Sessions the AG for Trump I looking to make protesting against the police into possible crimes (and remember, the peaceful protests of

#blacklivesmatter are non-violent), and that taking photos of cops will be illegal again.

Anyone remember Rodney King and Amadou Diallo (who cops beat and abused with a broom stick, and how in NYC under the despot Mayor Giuliani , cops routinely shot at blacks, 30, 41, 50 times  (Bruce Springsteen's amazing song 41 shots (American Skin) is about that.

but yes, I know, racists love it

and personally, at least 3 times in my past, I confronted officers and had I been black, I would have been killed each time.

It is because of the training (and it makes no difference if the cops themselves are black or white), the training in the USA is if a black person is the perp,

it is shoot to kill, ask questions later

if it is a white person, innocent first, don't shoot at all.

and if one is black, anything 24/7/365 is considered wrong if a cop happens upon you, no matter you are a student jogging or coming back to your dorm from a date or a concert

and its 2am in the morning beware.

and remember that civil rights due to the corrupt Supreme Court ruling of the Roberts court 5 to 4 a few years ago, took away a lot of safeguards in regard to voting

and more and more rights are being taken away.

And now rights of Gays and Lesbians and immigrants are all at stake too 

perhaps the ad might have worked with a different talent but putting Kendall in, shifted all focus away from the message it was trying to sell,

to make it about her

Pepsi should come back with a direct response apologizing to the Civil Rights movement, and, why not a little courage from them- make a direct statement

of support to #blacklivesmatter. 

Those that don't understand #blacklivesmatter either actually do and are racist and like cops beating up and killing blacks,

or they are totally naïve about why it is called that, and why it is not referencing others-

which is that the problem is 100% unique to cops considering blacks the enemy and killing blacks shoot to kill no matter what,

and if a white person does the same thing, they are treated as innocent and are not thought of as the enemy from the start. 

Perhaps if they had used a black singer or actor/actress it would have made a lot more sense.

Perhaps if they would not have mixed up the Civil rights protests then and now/issue with the Vietnam War issue (which was not the same thing, it was totally separate, it would have made more sense.

#blacklivesmatter was succeeding in changing copculture that is now being turned around thanks to the recent election

Remember too- there are NO rights in Trump's loving Vlad Putin's dictatorship to protest at all, look how many people Putin has killed who went against him, continuing daily it seems.

Cop culture needs to be changed, and yes, as long as a segment of the cops do this, all are looked upon, so its up to the good

cops to weed out the bad cops and see that there is not two sets of standards cops use. It should be a given

that's my perspective, someone who was there when Coke in 1973 released its "I'd like to teach the world" ad. (and how the ad led to a hit single later on with the altering of some lyrics. Mad Men-the tv show, used that ad in its final episode. But one needs

to realize that the cause the ad was for, was NOT the cause of #blacklivesmatter today.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

@graham4anything  graham, graham, graham, old pal buddy of mine- KEEP IT SHORT

The ad fails because  a black man reaching to give a cop a pepsi,  would be shot dead in America the instant he moved.

A black man can't

Kendall Jenner can give a cop a Pepsi, because the cop doesn't think of her as the enemy so she can because she can

I support #blacklivesmatter

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

okay i saw the ad and i don't understand why people is offended with this. Don't want to offend ANYONE HERE but sometimes ppl in the US get offended by little things.

you don't understand why so many people are offended because you don't live here  :toofunny:

you don't understand why so many people are offended because you don't live here  :toofunny:

There's no need to live in the States to know there's SO MANY things more important than this stupid ad, for example, SJ Res 34. But people are still worried about "first world problems". What's the deal if Pepsi is making money for movements like anti-Donald Trump or Black Live Matters? That's what marketing is about. Also, stuff like that ad doesn't happen only in the States, its happening RIGHT NOW in Argentina, Ecuador, Paraguay and Venezuela.

I generally recommend not taking commercials too seriously. No one is seriously suggesting that Pepsi or Kendall Jenner will solve social problems. It's just a Pepsi ad coupled with the idea of a bridge between people and the transformation of a self-absorbed model into an active citizen, with a bit of playfulness.

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

I think the primary problem with the advertisement is the fact that Kendall Jenner does absolutely nothing in society to protest everything that's going on.

If, say, Lady Gaga, who actively protested outside Trump Towers, etc. was the person who was in the advert it would be different because she actively attempts to make a difference and actually see's herself as one of the people in the crowds.

Kardashians and Jenners too good for that shit, really. :crossed: 

It's impressive that Pepsi managed to piss off the right and left. I mean I've seen just as many 'anti-sjws' talk about how awful the ad was as 'sjws' lmao. It's a bad ad all around but all soda companies do this bs just get ready for the ban Pepsi hashtags even tho all these big corporations do the same stuff

There's no need to live in the States to know there's SO MANY things more important than this stupid ad, for example, SJ Res 34. But people are still worried about "first world problems". What's the deal if Pepsi is making money for movements like anti-Donald Trump or Black Live Matters? That's what marketing is about. Also, stuff like that ad doesn't happen only in the States, its happening RIGHT NOW in Argentina, Ecuador, Paraguay and Venezuela.

innocent people randomly getting killed by cops is not a first world problem. 

you're practically saying "stop whining because someone else has it worse" OF COURSE someone else is always going to have it worse no matter who you are in the world someone else is going to have a shittier day. ignoring problems (no matter if they're first world or not) won't solve them and will only help them become into much bigger problems

also you need to be in the US to realize all the tension that is going. you may think you know the situation, but you're arrogant to what is really going on since you're not here. you haven't seen the ugly side of the US face to face in person.

innocent people randomly getting killed by cops is not a first world problem. 

you're practically saying "stop whining because someone else has it worse" OF COURSE someone else is always going to have it worse no matter who you are in the world someone else is going to have a shittier day. ignoring problems (no matter if they're first world or not) won't solve them and will only help them become into much bigger problems

also you need to be in the US to realize all the tension that is going. you may think you know the situation, but you're arrogant to what is really going on since you're not here. you haven't seen the ugly side of the US face to face in person.

This is me, reading your "you may think you know the situation" and "you haven't seen the ugly side of the US". And yes, I'm Kendall.

C8roebs_W0_AE5_EOj.jpg