Terror Attacks

Instead of making countless threads for terror incidents around the world, I'd thought I'd be better to make one. I'll be updating this whenever I guess

San Bernardino school shooting 

Egypt Palm Sunday bombings 

Sweden truck attack

Why can we have like 40 threads for "survivor" games but important world events are not worthy enough?

i just think its because 1. were on a website for discussing lana del rey, and 2. when something bad happens people would rather avoid the negative topic and focus on something more positive. based on what i read on this site i would say lanaboards members are highly aware of world events, its not like theyre purposely trying to say its not important

pNjWdpc.png

i just think its because 1. were on a website for discussing lana del rey, and 2. when something bad happens people would rather avoid the negative topic and focus on something more positive. based on what i read on this site i would say lanaboards members are highly aware of world events, its not like theyre purposely trying to say its not important

If this website was just for discussing LDR there wouldn't be 1000 pages for other artists :rip:. And were a community, it is important oo discuss things outside of LDR. if you don't wanna focus on the 'negative', just ignore them threads.

It's fucking gross - fair enough you wanna die (or he wanted death by cop I think I read)
So you decide to plow a car into innocent people and kill a young girl, not particularly sure how that'd end up with you getting death by cop?

Such a stupid asswipe

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

I have some suggestions to add to the OP! Sometimes, people forget that terrorism isn't exclusive to one ideology, race, etc. so here are some suggestions to diversify the pot a little bit:

- June 2015: White supremacist Dylan Roof opened fire at a historically black church in SC, killing 9 people.

- October 2016: Three men (from a racist group called "The Crusaders") were charged with conspiring to bomb a Somali immigrant community in Kansas. It was never carried out because the authorities infiltrated the group in time, but it's still considered a terrorist plot

- November 2015: A far-right Christian Colorado man attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic, armed with assault rifles and other weapons, killing three people and injured nine others. He believed he was avenging the "deaths" of aborted fetuses.

- 2015 (I forget the month sorry lol): Lafayette movie theatre shooting where a man (with bipolar disorder) killed 2 and injured many others during a showing of Trainwreck. He was known to have ardent anti-feminism and anti-Semitic views, which explains why he chose Trainwreck (being that Amy Schumer is thought to be a feminist--as well as the movie--, and she has Jewish heritage).

As a political science major, I just think it's important to note that terrorism isn't exclusive to one ideology, so that's why I added more. I'll keep adding!

Okay last post sorry y'all.

But... I just read this piece called "Monster, Terrorist, Fag: The War on Terrorism and the Production of Docile Patriots" and it was amazing. It's about heteronormativity and how we understand terrorists and how it relates to how we understand gay people (and "sexual deviancy") as a society. It's around 30+ pages and I have the PDF if anyone wants to read :)

I have some suggestions to add to the OP! Sometimes, people forget that terrorism isn't exclusive to one ideology, race, etc. so here are some suggestions to diversify the pot a little bit:

- June 2015: White supremacist Dylan Roof opened fire at a historically black church in SC, killing 9 people.

- October 2016: Three men (from a racist group called "The Crusaders") were charged with conspiring to bomb a Somali immigrant community in Kansas. It was never carried out because the authorities infiltrated the group in time, but it's still considered a terrorist plot

- November 2015: A far-right Christian Colorado man attacked a Planned Parenthood clinic, armed with assault rifles and other weapons, killing three people and injured nine others. He believed he was avenging the "deaths" of aborted fetuses.

- 2015 (I forget the month sorry lol): Lafayette movie theatre shooting where a man (with bipolar disorder) killed 2 and injured many others during a showing of Trainwreck. He was known to have ardent anti-feminism and anti-Semitic views, which explains why he chose Trainwreck (being that Amy Schumer is thought to be a feminist--as well as the movie--, and she has Jewish heritage).

As a political science major, I just think it's important to note that terrorism isn't exclusive to one ideology, so that's why I added more. I'll keep adding!

what kind of tomfoolery is this post.. this isn't a archive of terrorist attacks. its a discussion of them so you don't need to create more threads.. 

https://www.newamerica.org/in-depth/terrorism-in-america/

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

what kind of tomfoolery is this post.. this isn't a archive of terrorist attacks. its a discussion of them so you don't need to create more threads.. 

You started listing terror attacks in the OP so I just followed suit, adding some different kinds that I thought would be interesting to discuss and thus worth mentioning. No need to get that way  :awk:

I love that piece! It's interesting how we don't like to talk about our own domestic terrorists (another reason why I listed the ones I did in my other post here) and how some people think that jihad is the only form of terror our country/world experiences.

The guy in Time Square was high on PCP, like it's not an excuse for what he did, but it's not a terrorist attack and hasn't been ruled as one. Do I really need to say why it's even in this thread? If the guy was a white guy named Connor  Smith it would be viewed as just some mentally ill dude who did something shitty... but with a last name like Rojas people jump to conclusions... 

The guy in Time Square was high on PCP, like it's not an excuse for what he did, but it's not a terrorist attack and hasn't been ruled as one. Do I really need to say why it's even in this thread? If the guy was a white guy named Connor  Smith it would be viewed as just some mentally ill dude who did something shitty... but with a last name like Rojas people jump to conclusions... 

Say it louder for the people in the back sis

Also, you had that in white ink. How'd I even catch that with my terrible eyesight? 

You started listing terror attacks in the OP so I just followed suit, adding some different kinds that I thought would be interesting to discuss and thus worth mentioning. No need to get that way  :awk:

if u had clicked on the links u would have realized there were recent at the time..

y'all this story is WILD  :hdu:, but no indictation of terrorism so far thankfully

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/18/us/new-york-times-square-car-pedestrians/index.html

:awkney:

if u had clicked on the links u would have realized there were recent at the time..

:awkney:

I read that already :)  but if there were no indications of terrorism why was it posted here   :teehee: