Terror Attacks

Must feel pretty horrible to bring all your fans together to have a fun night together for this to then happen to the people you were performing for - not really about her since she probably felt safe a lot sooner than 99% because of security and access to other means of exiting rather than being in the audience struggling to run. Regardless, pretty gross for everyone
Thank god it wasn't a bataclan incident though, with the amount of people there this could've big even worse

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Who cares about if Ariana will continue her tour, what about all the people who lost their loved ones? :crossed:

What more can I say about them that hasn't been said? Obviously I feel bad for them, it's a horrific thing to experience, but it's a terrible thing for a singer to witness as well.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

Who cares about if Ariana will continue her tour, what about all the people who lost their loved ones? :crossed:

I care because if she decides to go on it has implications that go far beyond her personal safety, it regards the safety of thousands of people. I OBVIOUSLY want to see her live, I've paid for my June ticket back in October and I was getting really increasingly excited, but I think that even if she was merely able to go on, I wouldn't want her to take the risk not only for herself but for again the thousands of kids involved. 

But it's important not to dismiss the fact that you can be both extremely sorry about what happened and still concerned about what's going to happen next. I'm in this situation and I'm going to go to bed and genuinely pray for the families of the victims and the victims themselves but it doesn't prevents me to want to know about the future, and believe me it has nothing to do with the money I spent on the ticket

ZKcaooE.png

I care because if she decides to go on it has implications that go far beyond her personal safety, it regards the safety of thousands of people. I OBVIOUSLY want to see her live, I've paid for my June ticket back in October and I was getting really increasingly excited, but I think that even if she was merely able to go on, I wouldn't want her to take the risk not only for herself but for again the thousands of kids involved. 

But it's important not to dismiss the fact that you can be both extremely sorry about what happened and still concerned about what's going to happen next. I'm in this situation and I'm going to go to bed and genuinely pray for the families of the victims and the victims themselves but it doesn't prevents me to want to know about the future, and believe me it has nothing to do with the money I spent on the ticket

I'm just saying, obviously Ariana has a lot of protection. I'm glad she's safe and of course I take everything into consideration. It would be wise though if people's bags are to be checked from here on out before they enter arenas for extra protection.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm just saying, obviously Ariana has a lot of protection. I'm glad she's safe and of course I take everything into consideration. It would be wise though if people's bags are to be checked from here on out before they enter arenas for extra protection.

Yeah what I meant is that the difficulty here is to remain general and not fall into extremes like only caring about the singer only caring about the victims etc. We all feel the tragedy differently and have reasons to care about different sorts of things. They said the bags were checked but not properly sigh

ZKcaooE.png

New update from guardian.com

We are awaiting a fresh update from Greater Manchester police. In the meantime, here is what has been verified:

-At least 19 people have been killed and around 5o injured after an explosion at Manchester Arena at the end of a concert by Ariana Grande.

-The blast was reported to have taken place outside the arena, in the public foyer, shortly after 10.30pm.

Investigators say they are treating the incident as a terrorist attack “until police know otherwise”.

-No identities of those killed or injured have been confirmed.

-A large area around the arena has been cordoned off. Victoria station has been closed and train services cancelled.

-A controlled explosion carried out by police in nearby Cathedral gardens turned out not to be suspicious.

Prime minister Theresa May said:

We are working to establish the full details of what is being treated by the police as an appalling terrorist attack.

All our thoughts are with the victims and the families of those who have been affected.

Party leaders Jeremy Corbyn and Tim Farron also expressed condolences. Campaigning for June’s general election has been suspended.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

If it was in the foyer it could've been done after all the bag checking and people had gone in 

Doesn't seem like it'd be impossible to get in there while the concert was going on, especially since I would assume the foyer isn't too deeply in / because it'd be crowded as people left

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

God. Concerts need MORE FUCKING PROTECTION. I've been to many concerts and was actually planning to go to one tomorrow (but this is so sickening idk if I will) And the checks are fucking non existent. I am just disgusted... 

safe places (gay clubs, movie theaters, schools, and now concerts) keep being taken away from people because of terrorism and its getting me so annoyed and mad. Now everyone will be terrified and paranoid when attending a concert

My heart goes out to everyone affected by this tragedy. This was the very first thing I heard about when I woke up. Called my friend Poppy in Liverpool who is one of the biggest Ariana fans I know, and she said she ran out of there safe & sound. I'm trying to go through the list of other friends who may have attended to make sure they're alright. So shaken by this. 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

This is awful. Hope they are ok.

that is so bizzare.. it's crazy to think this could be somethnig as Lana's concert :(

I'm sure security will be EXTRA tight this weekend. 

People offering places to stay, offering to pick people up and take them home gives you faith in humanity.  :)

I woke up and heard on the radio about everything that happened in Manchester, I'm so sorry for what have happened. I can't imagine the fear and chaos at the moment... and all the parents who are still trying to contact their kids. But yes, I'm also glad this didn't turn out as Bataclan... that was just sick.

I just made friends with another Lana fan yesterday who lives in Manchester - I hope she's ok. She probably wasn't at the arena yesterday, but I know it still chocks you. I was chocked when the truck hit in Stockholm (my hometown), and I wasn't even there... I live in a city quite close and was supposed to take the train home. It ended with mom having to pick me up all the way. In the meantime, I listened to the radio reporting what was going on and I just sat there and let my tears fall... I've been to the same shopping street a hundered times and I love it. Was so surreal to go there two days afterwards too.

Stay safe everyone ♥

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png