Terror Attacks

I'm just saying, obviously Ariana has a lot of protection. I'm glad she's safe and of course I take everything into consideration. It would be wise though if people's bags are to be checked from here on out before they enter arenas for extra protection.

Bags are checked before going in to the concert. It is after the concert that people can walk in without getting checked. That's why it was in the foyer, and not in the concert hall itself. Still so fucked up tho.

I woke up to the news in the morning and I feel so, so sorry that this happened to the British attendees and fans of Ariana Grande's concert in Manchester. Ariana has so much young fans and I feel so sorry that young people has become a big target. England is one of my favorite countries in Europe. I always visit it with great joy because of the great atmosphere and people in England. Seeing another city in England getting attacked hurts me.

The death toll has gone up to 22 and does include children. This is such a disgusting, cowardly act. I've no words.

Love is a setting sun // Is a smoking gun // Is a four letter word // I hope it hurts 

I woke up a while ago and opened LB pretty much right away, so I learned about this tragedy after going through multiple pages of the LFL pre-release topic. I am shocked and deeply saddened hearing about this, my thoughts go to the victims and their close ones and everyone at the arena. What sickens me the most is the fact that someone would actually target an audience where most of the people are children and teenagers and such, who had probably waited months and months for the concert and thought it would be unforgettable in a good way. And I can't even begin to imagine how Ariana must feel right now, but I'm pretty sure this is gonna have a bigger impact on her and her career than just her cancelling the world tour.

I read on the news that Isis supporters have been rejoicing about the attack in social media and it's truly disgusting. Cheering for innocent, helpless and defenseless youths being brutally attacked and killed really sums up what's wrong with the world right now and is just plain evil. And some of these supporters have reportedly even encouraged each other to do similar suicide attacks.

What's really happening out there seems kinda blurry and distant simply because the news don't cover those as much - which I guess is understandable because it's obviously a bigger thing when something like this happens close to you. Thank god nothing's happened in my country - at least yet - but I really am worried and rethinking about taking part in social events where an attack could possibly happen. The big concerts I've went to (like Lana, Britney, Rihanna, Gaga) have took place in an arena where they check your bags early before you can even enter the building. When I went to see Kylie Minogue at a festival in my previous home town in 2015 they actually did a quick full body check too while checking your bag.

What happened in Orlando also has me thinking about going to bars and such. I live close to Helsinki and being homosexual, me and my friends usually go to the biggest gay bar in Finland when we go out. We're most likely also attending the Pride parade this summer and I'd be lying if I said that I'm not worried at all. I'm seeing Lana at Flow Festival in august and it's got me sort of worried too, but I'm just gonna have to rely on the security procedures over there. 

It disgusts me so much someone would even do this. Not only that but all the blatent racism as well. So far the terrorist suspect is white, why do people always have to bring Muslims into it?

During the last attack in England at Westminster, a lot of people said that they found pictures on social media of the suspect and the news believed it and they started sharing those pictures but it was not the suspected terrorist at all. I personally always want to wait until the police will come with an official announcement on the identity of the suspect. It's unfortunate that a lot of people always link terrorism to Islam, because years ago a lot of people, not muslims also commited terror attacks in Germany. It was the Rote Armee Fraktion. Unfortunately the other victims of terror attacks are the muslims, getting attacked because of following their religion.

During the last attack in England at Westminster, a lot of people said that they found pictures on social media of the suspect and the news believed it and they started sharing those pictures but it was not the suspected terrorist at all. I personally always want to wait until the police will come with an official announcement on the identity of the suspect. It's unfortunate that a lot of people always link terrorism to Islam, because years ago a lot of people, not muslims also commited terror attacks in Germany. It was the Rote Armee Fraktion. Unfortunately the other victims of terror attacks are the muslims, getting attacked because of following their religion.

While it is getting shared around, the guy WAS making threats that have since been deleted and archived which is hard to ignore. And that's the thing. Nothing's been announced but terror incident = brown people. It disgusts me people immediately jump that way. I hope they aren't Muslim purely to fuck with the racist people.

It disgusts me so much someone would even do this. Not only that but all the blatent racism as well. So far the terrorist suspect is white, why do people always have to bring Muslims into it?

Girl grow up tbh the last 5 major terrorists incidents that were a huge thing in england were all islam related whether you like it or not jesus christ

Racism = not okay and it's gross to use deaths of innocent people as an excuse to push your hate on brown people. But on the muslim part (not a race, demonising anyone with brown skin as a result = fucking disgusting, talking unfavorably about one of many gross religions which is a cause of so much gross shit in the world = not racism) well yeah if they're doing it in the name of that religion of course it's going to be a fucking talking point lmao wtf

and lol what white people can be muslim too have you ever been near a mosque

• 29 June 2007: 2007 London car bombs: Two unexploded car bombs were discovered in London. The first device was found in a car parked near the Tiger Tiger nightclub in Haymarket. Two large gas canisters and a large number of nails were found in the car.[85][86] The second device was left in a blue Mercedes-Benz saloon in nearby Cockspur Street,[87] but was not discovered until after the car had been towed away as it was found to be illegally parked.

• 22 March 2017: In a terrorist incident in Westminster at around 2:40pm GMT, specifically on Westminster Bridge and at the Palace of Westminster, Khalid Masood, wearing black, drove a vehicle into several pedestrians, crashing the car into the Palace's perimeter fence. The attacker then exited the vehicle, proceeding to stab a police officer who was outside of the Palace. About 40 people were injured and there were six fatalities (including 1 police officer and the perpetrator)

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Girl grow up tbh the last 5 major terrorists incidents that were a huge thing in england were all islam related whether you like it or not jesus christ

Racism = not okay and it's gross to use deaths of innocent people as an excuse to push your hate on brown people. But on the muslim part (not a race, demonising anyone with brown skin as a result = fucking disgusting, talking unfavorably about one of many gross religions which is a cause of so much gross shit in the world = not racism) well yeah if they're doing it in the name of that religion of course it's going to be a fucking talking point lmao wtf

and lol what white people can be muslim too have you ever been near a mosque

• 29 June 2007: 2007 London car bombs: Two unexploded car bombs were discovered in London. The first device was found in a car parked near the Tiger Tiger nightclub in Haymarket. Two large gas canisters and a large number of nails were found in the car.[85][86] The second device was left in a blue Mercedes-Benz saloon in nearby Cockspur Street,[87] but was not discovered until after the car had been towed away as it was found to be illegally parked.

• 22 March 2017: In a terrorist incident in Westminster at around 2:40pm GMT, specifically on Westminster Bridge and at the Palace of Westminster, Khalid Masood, wearing black, drove a vehicle into several pedestrians, crashing the car into the Palace's perimeter fence. The attacker then exited the vehicle, proceeding to stab a police officer who was outside of the Palace. About 40 people were injured and there were six fatalities (including 1 police officer and the perpetrator)
Imagine thinking just bombing are terrorist attacks, can't relate, not that far up my arse.

Also duhhh about the white people but when was the last time you saw a white Muslim on the news for anything?

Face it. A lot of terrorist attacks aren't by muslims. You just pick and choose what you're calling a terrorist attack because they're x race or x religion. Kids get shot in school all the time on America. Nightclubs get shot up. People get murdered on the street. A lot of them are white people. Get over it.

This is a very unfurtunate and evil act... my heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families... but instead of focusing on the effect, wish people would also see what the real cause of the problem is: Interventionism and invasions, and the fact that the countries being attacked are themselves attacking the places these fanatics come from.

I am sure that if western countries stopped their bombing campaigns in the Middle East, we wouldn't see these terrible incidents happening. You don't get peace with bombs and wars. The media only fuels people's anger by telling everyone how awful the attacks are, but they never touch on the root of the problem.

Innocent people are always the victims. I really can't understand how people support governments who are promoting wars and invasions.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

This is a very unfurtunate and evil act... my heart and prayers go out to the victims and their families... but instead of focusing on the effect, wish people would also see what the real cause of the problem is: Interventionism and invasions, and the fact that the countries being attacked are themselves attacking the places these fanatics come from.

I am sure that if western countries stopped their bombing campaigns in the Middle East, we wouldn't see these terrible incidents happening. You don't get peace with bombs and wars. The media only fuels people's anger by telling everyone how awful the attacks are, but they never touch on the root of the problem.

Innocent people are always the victims. I really can't understand how people support governments who are promoting wars and invasions.

That's another good point. I keep saying this every time it comes around - if the French weren't dicks to Muslim people they probably wouldn't see as many terrorist attacks. Even smaller political things like banning burqa's have huge consequences in this day and age.

We bomb those countries all the time then play victim when they relatiate.

Imagine thinking just bombing are terrorist attacks, can't relate, not that far up my arse.

Also duhhh about the white people but when was the last time you saw a white Muslim on the news for anything?

Face it. A lot of terrorist attacks aren't by muslims. You just pick and choose what you're calling a terrorist attack because they're x race or x religion. Kids get shot in school all the time on America. Nightclubs get shot up. People get murdered on the street. A lot of them are white people. Get over it.

...... what does that even mean..... ?

Literally yesterday when bbc news were reporting about Anjem Choudary but ok, if the news are reporting about terror related incidents and the people involved are you expecting there to be a white person placed in if there wasn't one involved? If a white muslim didn't do anything then yeah why would I see them on the news? You're talking as if the news randomly picks muslim people are makes up stories about them like I don't get your point 

And if you're saying as me myself directly choose what I call a terrorist attack person of their race or religion please stfu and have several seats because you don't know me lmao, I always refer to things that are classified as terror incidents as terror incidents, hence why there's a discussion from earlier where I pointed out just like this the Dylan black church shooting attack was a terrorist incident like fair enough if you're commenting on others but seems like you're directing that at me as if you know my views on anything when we've never even spoken before and i have 0 idea who you are 

You sound unhinged like wtf did I even say something like 'brown people are all terrorists' white people don't do things

You made a really fucking stupid ass comment of 'why are muslims (and so then islam) being brought into it' when it's just common fucking logic that it'd be discussed as a possibility and likelihood that its a that religion related terror incident, the past god knows how similar style many mass killings that 'rocked' europe have all been IS / etc islamic terror related you sound so dense jeeze 

...... what does that even mean..... ?

Literally yesterday when bbc news were reporting about Anjem Choudary but ok, if the news are reporting about terror related incidents and the people involved are you expecting there to be a white person placed in if there wasn't one involved? If a white muslim didn't do anything then yeah why would I see them on the news? You're talking as if the news randomly picks muslim people are makes up stories about them like I don't get your point

And if you're saying as me myself directly choose what I call a terrorist attack person of their race or religion please stfu and have several seats because you don't know me lmao, I always refer to things that are classified as terror incidents as terror incidents, hence why there's a discussion from earlier where I pointed out just like this the Dylan black church shooting attack was a terrorist incident like

You sound unhinged like wtf did I even say something like 'brown people are all terrorists' white people don't do things

You made a really fucking stupid ass comment of 'why are muslims (and so then islam) being brought into it' when it's just common fucking logic that it'd be discussed as a possibility and likelihood that its a that religion related terror incident, the past god knows how similar style many mass killings that 'rocked' europe have all been IS / etc islamic terror related you sound so dense jeeze

I don't even really want to read this comment because it's half "wtf I don't understand lmao wtf wtf wtf youRE SO OFF HE CHARTS wtf wtf lmao"

Quit being so stupid and nasty. You clearly understand the point of we always assume it's Muslims. All the comments I see are hatred towards religion. A vast amount of terrorist incidents are not committed by Muslims, yet, you never see comments like it must have been Christians or white people or x people when historically they've committed some of the worst terrorism of all time. It's all prejudice and hate and propaganda. We shouldn't assume anything with no police suspects, really. My mind is open to any possibility, you though? Obviously not. You're very wrapped into Muslims have to be #1 priority. Terrorism isn't exclusive. I don't know why that possibility offends you so much.

I don't even really want to read this comment because it's half "wtf I don't understand lmao wtf wtf wtf youRE SO OFF HE CHARTS wtf wtf lmao"

Quit being so stupid and nasty. You clearly understand the point of we always assume it's Muslims. All the comments I see are hatred towards religion. A vast amount of terrorist incidents are not committed by Muslims, yet, you never see comments like it must have been Christians or white people or x people when historically they've committed some of the worst terrorism of all time. It's all prejudice and hate and propaganda. We shouldn't assume anything with no police suspects, really. My mind is open to any possibility, you'd though? Obviously not. You're very wrapped into Muslims have to be #1 priority. Terrorism isn't exclusive. I don't know why that possibility offends you so much.

Ugh then don't read it you're clearly not able to muster up a decent response to me calling you incoherent 

With good reason like... is it nice? Not particularly? Is it based on past experiences and recent events over the past year... yes it is. Some people have a problem with religion, not it's people but just as an institute overall, so what. It's not prejudice and hate to think, hm the last 5 or so big massacres that have hit the news in the last couple of years have been IS / Islamd related so maybe this is too - thinking about details to do with an event isn't hateful like are you stupid? 

Oh my mind is open, but i'm intelligent enough to use reason to make a guess, could I be wrong, of course! But to have a hissy fit because some people are assuming its islamic terrorism

Girl grow up, i'm not offended

Ugh then don't read it you're clearly not able to muster up a decent response to me calling you incoherent 

With good reason like... is it nice? Not particularly? Is it based on past experiences and recent events over the past year... yes it is. Some people have a problem with religion, not it's people but just as an institute overall, so what. It's not prejudice and hate to think, hm the last 5 or so big massacres that have hit the news in the last couple of years have been IS / Islamd related so maybe this is too - thinking about details to do with an event isn't hateful like are you stupid? 

Oh my mind is open, but i'm intelligent enough to use reason to make a guess, could I be wrong, of course! But to have a hissy fit because some people are assuming its islamic terrorism

Girl grow up, i'm not offended

Can you find a specific quote as to where I was incoherant rather than you being ignorant?

The fact that it was a suicide bomber hurts my heart so much. Not like it would be any less of a tragedy if it was a prop accident as some early reports claimed but just knowing that some sick, mentally fucked up person targeted a concert of one of the biggest pop stars in the world with intent to harm people, even more than he did, is just unthinkable for me. Especially when the majority of Ariana's fanbase are children/young teenagers or LGBT.

I'm not one to speak out much about tragedies like this but because it was related to something so close to my heart - pop music - it affects me just that little bit more to push me over the edge and get angry and sad. I really can't stop thinking about it and expressing my feelings. It was even hard for me to listen to Ariana's music after I heard the news. Really settled into my mind today that shit can happen at any time. And that fucking terrifies me. I'm glad to live in a country where these things rarely (if ever) happen but the looming feeling that something could happen to me, even in my safest escapes, will affect me a lot especially after this. It's a type of fear I wouldn't want even those I hate most to feel; the fear of losing your life while escaping to your happiest place.

RIP to the 22 confirmed (and any unconfirmed, but hopefully not!!) dead and best wishes to all who were injured and towards safe, quick recoveries.

te deseo, cariño