Terror Attacks

Full length discussion where the audience gets polled.

I was toying with the idea of posting every Jihad attack on this site but decided it would be too tedious. Luckily there is this site

http://thereligionofpeace.com

I don't quite remember who did it, I think it was a British newspaper, they made an investigation for one month and they found even more. So the number of Jihadi attacks (30,891) since 9/11 might be a little too low.

If someone needs help with his Western guilt fixation, scroll down on the site, on the left there's a column called“Put the Numbers in Perspective“.

any religion can be twisted into being totally toxic

i do think there is a specific reason as to why ""jihadism" is a thing.. its not solely due to their religion lol ..anyone who understands the intricate nature of societies and such can realize that numerous socioeconomic, political, and psychological factors play into this stuff.

anyway are you complaining that the majority of muslims have a peaceful mindset/interpretation of their faith? 

honestly christians could so easily have a violent interpretation of their faith too.. i grew up in church there are so many instances of God okaying horrible things, saying that we ought to stone people, killing entire cities, condemning whole groups of people to death.. but due to many socioeconomic, political, and psychological factors.. the barbaric nature of the christian faith has been phased out.. 

that being said, looking at thousand year old history in my opinion is sort of pointless.. i think its more important to realize what is going on now in based on the world as it is, in context to what has happened in the past. 

but obviously religions are fucking designed to spread and entrap people and cause them to take their religious ideology to the extreme! 

christianity has taken literal extremes to a more philosophical meaning, as its been refined heavily by western philosophy and scholars over such long periods of time.. the islamic faith has also been taken toward a much more philosophical trend too, especially in the west. 

christianity is now used to convince and ensnare people into its beliefs and moral standards,. its designed to keep people in it by forcing them to choose between a life of devotion to god, or going to hell for all eternity. its designed to be spread, as so much of the faith is based on spreading the gospel..  its reasonably acceptable and in contemporary interpretation and practice doesn't require anything too wild(even though if you were to take it more literally opposed to philosophically it easily would be more extreme).. this wasnt always the case tho

anyway obviously u just want so badly to hate islamic extremism..okay yeah their doctrines are flawed and are inspiration for their deeds, but don't you think that more than just that doctrine play into this?

honestly its silly if you believe that only that ancient text/religion is responsible.. there are so many other factors at play.. but honestly, despite what any doctrine says, people will do what they please.. whether it is evil or considered good. 

even christianity acknowledges this, as it says that we are all sinners and we continue to sin

despite what the bible says about sin.. people still make their own choices. 

there are also lots of verses that people could follow yet choose not to. 

any person can choose to, or not to act on a certain doctrine. 

its not about guilt fixation and votes its about being reasonable according to facts as they are today lol 

any reasonable person should be able to realize that, yes islamic texts can be used to sanction killing..(despite other parts of the text that may rule contrary, and despite the contemporary interpretations of islam).. but most, as a matter of fact the larger majority are pretty surprisingly pedestrian people.. lol 

tumblr_mxk6xrLiob1r4y0tco1_500.gif Instagram: pxpi_gringo

any religion can be twisted into being totally toxic

i do think there is a specific reason as to why ""jihadism" is a thing.. its not solely due to their religion lol ..anyone who understands the intricate nature of societies and such can realize that numerous socioeconomic, political, and psychological factors play into this stuff.

anyway are you complaining that the majority of muslims have a peaceful mindset/interpretation of their faith? 

honestly christians could so easily have a violent interpretation of their faith too.. i grew up in church there are so many instances of God okaying horrible things, saying that we ought to stone people, killing entire cities, condemning whole groups of people to death.. but due to many socioeconomic, political, and psychological factors.. the barbaric nature of the christian faith has been phased out.. 

that being said, looking at thousand year old history in my opinion is sort of pointless.. i think its more important to realize what is going on now in based on the world as it is, in context to what has happened in the past. 

but obviously religions are fucking designed to spread and entrap people and cause them to take their religious ideology to the extreme! 

christianity has taken literal extremes to a more philosophical meaning, as its been refined heavily by western philosophy and scholars over such long periods of time.. the islamic faith has also been taken toward a much more philosophical trend too, especially in the west. 

christianity is now used to convince and ensnare people into its beliefs and moral standards,. its designed to keep people in it by forcing them to choose between a life of devotion to god, or going to hell for all eternity. its designed to be spread, as so much of the faith is based on spreading the gospel..  its reasonably acceptable and in contemporary interpretation and practice doesn't require anything too wild(even though if you were to take it more literally opposed to philosophically it easily would be more extreme).. this wasnt always the case tho

anyway obviously u just want so badly to hate islamic extremism..okay yeah their doctrines are flawed and are inspiration for their deeds, but don't you think that more than just that doctrine play into this?

honestly its silly if you believe that only that ancient text/religion is responsible.. there are so many other factors at play.. but honestly, despite what any doctrine says, people will do what they please.. whether it is evil or considered good. 

even christianity acknowledges this, as it says that we are all sinners and we continue to sin

despite what the bible says about sin.. people still make their own choices. 

there are also lots of verses that people could follow yet choose not to. 

any person can choose to, or not to act on a certain doctrine. 

its not about guilt fixation and votes its about being reasonable according to facts as they are today lol 

any reasonable person should be able to realize that, yes islamic texts can be used to sanction killing..(despite other parts of the text that may rule contrary, and despite the contemporary interpretations of islam).. but most, as a matter of fact the larger majority are pretty surprisingly pedestrian people.. lol 

You really should watch the videos I posted in this thread.

You really should watch the videos I posted in this thread.

lol.. like can u post some videos with like.. credible and non biased sources... aka ones that aren't from christians or neo conservatives 

sorry but the stuff you're posting i don't find to be that accurate, or reliable. Obviously these type of people have an over the top view on islam, and the site "religion of peace" or whatever ... is the phoniest site I've ever even been on LMAO ...

i have a close friend who lives in saudi arabia, I'm aware of the oppression and the horrible things that people have done in the name of islam.. as i said.. i understand that people use the religion to justify and do such things.. i just don't see how those who live peacefully under islam should be treated differently from those who live peacefully under any other religion? 

in all honesty i think all religions have their faults and the world would be better off moving away from religion completely especially those used to sanction violence.. whatever they may be

in any case.. i can see that you deeply care for saving people's lives, and it seems to me that you really hope for people to be safe from harm, as do i! i take terrorism and religiously inspired delusions and violent actions seriously! i just don't want anyone who lives peacefully (no matter what category of person they may fall under) to be safe .. and honestly there are many many more urgent concerns than terrorism facing most people. 

ugh, how naive I was to think a thread focusing on terrorists and people dying wouldn't turn into a political dissusion.

TBH considering that terrorism is practically connected to political, ideological and philosophical(etc) discussion... 

lol.. like can u post some videos with like.. credible and non biased sources... aka ones that aren't from christians or neo conservatives 

sorry but the stuff you're posting i don't find to be that accurate, or reliable. Obviously these type of people have an over the top view on islam, and the site "religion of peace" or whatever ... is the phoniest site I've ever even been on LMAO ...

i have a close friend who lives in saudi arabia, I'm aware of the oppression and the horrible things that people have done in the name of islam.. as i said.. i understand that people use the religion to justify and do such things.. i just don't see how those who live peacefully under islam should be treated differently from those who live peacefully under any other religion? 

in all honesty i think all religions have their faults and the world would be better off moving away from religion completely especially those used to sanction violence.. whatever they may be

in any case.. i can see that you deeply care for saving people's lives, and it seems to me that you really hope for people to be safe from harm, as do i! i take terrorism and religiously inspired delusions and violent actions seriously! i just don't want anyone who lives peacefully (no matter what category of person they may fall under) to be safe .. and honestly there are many many more urgent concerns than terrorism facing most people. 

TBH considering that terrorism is practically connected to political, ideological and philosophical(etc) discussion... 

I really think this are the most unbiased people when it comes to Islam. And Ben Shapiro, Sam Harris, Bill Warner etc. the list is long. They all know what they are talking about. I'm always on the side of facts instead of slogans.

Maybe you don't like the ironic writing on thereligionofpeace.com but you can't argue the numbers. I posted it to show that there is much more than we know about.

What would you consider a credible source when it comes to Islam? An Imam? I know there was an Imam killed because he condemned suicide attacks, they do exist too, I know that, but in a religion where you have four different exceptions for lying, I really don't know who I can trust. That's why I turn to David Wood when I want to know something about Islam. He's a Christian but he knows everything about the Quran, the Sunna and the Hadiths. And I don't trust politicians.

Taqiyya - Saying something that isn't true as it relates to the Muslim identity.

Kitman - Lying by omission. An example would be when Muslim apologists quote only a fragment of verse 5:32 (that if anyone kills "it shall be as if he had killed all mankind") while neglecting to mention that the rest of the verse (and the next) mandate murder in undefined cases of "corruption" and "mischief." 

Tawriya - Intentionally creating a false impression.

Muruna - 'Blending in' by setting aside some practices of Islam or Sharia in order to advance others.

I really think this are the most unbiased people when it comes to Islam. And Ben Shapiro, Sam Harris, Bill Warner etc. the list is long. They all know what they are talking about. I'm always on the side of facts instead of slogans.

Maybe you don't like the ironic writing on thereligionofpeace.com but you can't argue the numbers. I posted it to show that there is much more than we know about.

What would you consider a credible source when it comes to Islam? An Imam? I know there was an Imam killed because he condemned suicide attacks, they do exist too, I know that, but in a religion where you have four different exceptions for lying, I really don't know who I can trust. That's why I turn to David Wood when I want to know something about Islam. He's a Christian but he knows everything about the Quran, the Sunna and the Hadiths. And I don't trust politicians.

Taqiyya - Saying something that isn't true as it relates to the Muslim identity.

Kitman - Lying by omission. An example would be when Muslim apologists quote only a fragment of verse 5:32 (that if anyone kills "it shall be as if he had killed all mankind") while neglecting to mention that the rest of the verse (and the next) mandate murder in undefined cases of "corruption" and "mischief." 

Tawriya - Intentionally creating a false impression.

Muruna - 'Blending in' by setting aside some practices of Islam or Sharia in order to advance others.

LOL those people aren't unbiased.. they tell you what you want to hear. They have their own NeoConservative political agenda to push..You feel that their opinions are accurate to how you view the world so you assume its unbiased.. 

about the honesty of ben shapiro http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/nov/05/ben-shapiro/shapiro-says-majority-muslims-are-radicals/

Also why believe bill warner? he isn't even schooled in political science, history, or religion? he says a lot of baseless things on his site, he has no credentials, he doesn't even know arabic and hasn't studied islam in depth.. he just goes off about conspiracy theories LOL

Also the numbers on religion of peace aren't accurate.  for example they list a series of cops who die due to taliban ambushes... okay well those "cops" are actually very basically trained coked out young people, who shoot at every moving object from their outpost. Watching untrained afghani cops fight the taliban is like watching ab bunch of adults play capture the flag with real guns. Even if the cops are a bit better trained, This isn't jihadist killing..lol this is more geopolitical. Other deaths cited include executions that are allowed under islamic laws... these aren't jihadist attack tho? many of these aren't like jihadist attacks at all.. just a desperate grab to paint muslims as truly horribly violent people.. I'm sure if you saw a list of all the crimes that american people do, you would also be shocked. Not to say that american laws sanction such blatantly horrible stuff (like execution for adultery) but Plenty of americans kill people lol.

furthermore, try selecting a few of those events on the list, and finding any articles or notes of them online.. you'll only be lead to other anti-islamic sites. I see no real evidence that "Children are among fifteen civilians picked apart by Islamic State shrapnel." this event even happened. Just because its posted on this site doesn't mean its true or as reported. 

that being said, a few of these instances are true, and it is sad to me that such turmoil is going on.. but it is much more than only their religion compeling them to do this, there is peer pressure, desperation in resources, different moral standards... if a group of people view themselves to be at war, then almost anything is deemed okay.. unless they have manage to develop war laws and war crimes through UN conventions lol.. obviously the people who do this stuff probably have no idea about those,

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/04/worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-full-report.pdf here is a research study done you might find interesting. 

You desperately need to look into the credibility of your sources, you need to understand how biased people can be, that there are LOTS of fake articles concerning this stuff online, not everyone who speaks on islam is an expert, half the people ur mentioning seem to have no real formal education in the matters at hand.. they just have opinions which to me seem totally inaccurate.. you need some critical thinking classes i don't mean to be rude but its super super important that what we can tell what is and is not accurate and true when we read about this stuff. 

Ugh egypt is one of the best places i've ever been and one of the most beautiful countries on the planet but i'd be hesitant go back there because of how bad it's gotten there in the past 5 years, so sad 

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

Instead of telling me how biased these people are you should tell me where they are wrong. Maybe then I could see how biased they are. Give me an example what one of them said wrong in regards to Islam.

Bill Warner doesn't speak arabic? That's a new one, usually I hear that you have to speak „ancient arabic“ to understand the Quran. And if that is true almost no one understands it.

The report you sent me, interesting, i skimmed through it. Page 23: „What do Sharia Supporters want?" Executing those who leave Islam: South Asia 76%, Middle East- North Africa 56%

Well, that just validates my biased sources.  

Instead of telling me how biased these people are you should tell me where they are wrong. Maybe then I could see how biased they are. Give me an example what one of them said wrong in regards to Islam.

Bill Warner doesn't speak arabic? That's a new one, usually I hear that you have to speak „ancient arabic“ to understand the Quran. And if that is true almost no one understands it.

The report you sent me, interesting, i skimmed through it. Page 23: „What do Sharia Supporters want?" Executing those who leave Islam: South Asia 76%, Middle East- North Africa 56%

Well, that just validates my biased sources.  

i mean not really.. if they're already sharia law supporters then of course they're going to be in support of following that law when it comes to people leaving islam lol a how many of the muslims surveyed are sharia supporters? 

Anyway, i agreed with you that religion is trash anyway.. if you brainwash people in their socio-economic, political, and educational circumstances,with a doctrine that tells them killing is okay in the name of god then what do u expect will happen? 

that being said, http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/nov/05/ben-shapiro/shapiro-says-majority-muslims-are-radicals/ here is a thing about the honesty of ben shapiro regarding muslims lol 

i have a hard time finding any information on bill warner, except for on right wing, neo conservative anti islamic sites  and his own site. lol which is a red flag to me that he lacks credibility.. here is an interesting blog post that appears to be a response to bill warner by a muslim.. https://mohsenaelguindy.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/bill-warner-a-notorious-islamophobe-hate-monger-lying-about-islam/ i think this points out a lot of what he says thats wrong about islam. i'll acknowledge that this is a bit biased as its a muslim view.. but still i think its indicative of how those who follow the contemporary version of the muslim faith probably feel about this stuff. 

jihadism. .is not a concept that is at all accepted in the modern contemporary practice of islam so..

I don't know.. i just hope you are able to have a mindful and empathetic approach to how you view this. 

you seem like a smart person who is trying to do the right thing... so just keep in mind that empathy is an important tool.. most muslims just want to live a peaceful life.. even if they were to say stuff about hurting others.. 

for example.. my father who is christian and deeply conservative literally talks about killing muslims all the time.. he acts as if every muslim in the US should be killed. He listens to right wing neoconservative radio and such, that leads him to believe that all muslims are evil. is that not the same sort of ideology that pins muslim extremists against us? lol 

that being said, the reason i mention this is to illustrate that just because someone has an opinion such as  "x type of people should be killed" doesn't mean they would ever even act on it. My father may have such views but he leads a peaceful life lol

anyway i hope that you will not fall into the same trap as my father.. wishing death upon millions of innocent people, simply because a minority of them are wild lol

terrorist attack in Portland https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/05/27/man-fatally-stabs-2-on-portland-ore-train-after-they-interrupted-his-anti-muslim-rants-police-say/?utm_term=.109d4583dd3d

Reminder: 

terrorism - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear.

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

i mean not really.. if they're already sharia law supporters then of course they're going to be in support of following that law when it comes to people leaving islam lol a how many of the muslims surveyed are sharia supporters? 

Anyway, i agreed with you that religion is trash anyway.. if you brainwash people in their socio-economic, political, and educational circumstances,with a doctrine that tells them killing is okay in the name of god then what do u expect will happen? 

that being said, http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2014/nov/05/ben-shapiro/shapiro-says-majority-muslims-are-radicals/ here is a thing about the honesty of ben shapiro regarding muslims lol 

i have a hard time finding any information on bill warner, except for on right wing, neo conservative anti islamic sites  and his own site. lol which is a red flag to me that he lacks credibility.. here is an interesting blog post that appears to be a response to bill warner by a muslim.. https://mohsenaelguindy.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/bill-warner-a-notorious-islamophobe-hate-monger-lying-about-islam/ i think this points out a lot of what he says thats wrong about islam. i'll acknowledge that this is a bit biased as its a muslim view.. but still i think its indicative of how those who follow the contemporary version of the muslim faith probably feel about this stuff. 

jihadism. .is not a concept that is at all accepted in the modern contemporary practice of islam so..

I don't know.. i just hope you are able to have a mindful and empathetic approach to how you view this. 

you seem like a smart person who is trying to do the right thing... so just keep in mind that empathy is an important tool.. most muslims just want to live a peaceful life.. even if they were to say stuff about hurting others.. 

for example.. my father who is christian and deeply conservative literally talks about killing muslims all the time.. he acts as if every muslim in the US should be killed. He listens to right wing neoconservative radio and such, that leads him to believe that all muslims are evil. is that not the same sort of ideology that pins muslim extremists against us? lol 

that being said, the reason i mention this is to illustrate that just because someone has an opinion such as  "x type of people should be killed" doesn't mean they would ever even act on it. My father may have such views but he leads a peaceful life lol

anyway i hope that you will not fall into the same trap as my father.. wishing death upon millions of innocent people, simply because a minority of them are wild lol

So basically we agree. Jihad is happening because of Islam, because the Quran is very clear in that regard, you just think there are other factors that play into it more than I do. We can disagree on some stats, that's beside the point.

The site with the Ben Shapiro video used a little trick to keep the number artificially low. They multiplied 19% of Muslims who say „suicide bombings could sometimes be justified, with 945 Million, but there are 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world. So that would be around 300 Million. I know, how do I know what the others think? I'm just saying they used their own stat for their own criteria and used a little trick to keep the number low. And when you take Sharia proponents the number would be much higher. And you saw how many of them want apostates dead. What do you think they think about non-Muslims?

But I don't wanna talk about some stats, what languages someone is speaking and so. I think it was stupid that Ben included those who think 9/11 was an inside job into the radical group, but this video is a good brief overview about what a lot of Muslims think.

And only a few condemn all muslims, we need the peaceful ones, only they can change what's going on, but if politicians keep going on with their obfuscation tactic about Islam nothing is gonna change.

I think we are done here, do you agree?

So basically we agree. Jihad is happening because of Islam, because the Quran is very clear in that regard, you just think there are other factors that play into it more than I do. We can disagree on some stats, that's beside the point.

The site with the Ben Shapiro video used a little trick to keep the number artificially low. They multiplied 19% of Muslims who say „suicide bombings could sometimes be justified, with 945 Million, but there are 1.6 Billion Muslims in the world. So that would be around 300 Million. I know, how do I know what the others think? I'm just saying they used their own stat for their own criteria and used a little trick to keep the number low. And when you take Sharia proponents the number would be much higher. And you saw how many of them want apostates dead. What do you think they think about non-Muslims?

But I don't wanna talk about some stats, what languages someone is speaking and so. I think it was stupid that Ben included those who think 9/11 was an inside job into the radical group, but this video is a good brief overview about what a lot of Muslims think.

And only a few condemn all muslims, we need the peaceful ones, only they can change what's going on, but if politicians keep going on with their obfuscation tactic about Islam nothing is gonna change.

I think we are done here, do you agree?

yeah i think whats most important is that everyone is represented in the media in the most truthful and honest possible way. Obviously with mainstream agendas and such thats a hard thing to have happen lmfao

you will always only get bits and pieces of whats really going on. 

I think its undeniable that there are more factors at play. 

And its more than just needing the peaceful ones to change "whats going on".. they also have a right and obligation to enjoy this world, and contribute to it.. Whether or not we need them. 

I do agree that its important that politicians are honest about the reality of things, because i think only the truth is going to generate the correct reaction. ...but i mean they're politicians so I'm not gonna hold my breath xD

and in any case i think its more than reasonable to condemn muslim suicide bombers and that kind of wild shit.. even contemporary islamic condemn that, but the vibe i get from certain people who you listen to on these matters, seem to regard islam as if its a disease that needs to be completely eradicated. 

Most of these posts are unrelated to the topic and can be kept in the PMS/SUs.. Please s keep this thread not as messy as the LFL thread of the deleted Allie x one. Thanks :kiss3:

:usrsney: maybe u should create a rubric so we know what we are, and aren't supposed to discuss in here. 

i mean i felt like A. the discussion was basically in line with the topic (at least enough to be entertained within this thread) and B. the discussions took place as a natural reply as to what this thread is about.. 

so are we only allowed to discuss the terror attacks themselves or what? :awkney: