Matt

Movie Discussion Thread

Did anyone here watch "Only God Forgives"?

"Nicolas Winding Refn, acclaimed director of Only God Forgives and Drive, both starring Ryan Gosling, discusses his instinctive approach to filmmaking and tells us why the internet helps creativity flourish."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnLEllBcLEc

Just in case anyone's interested.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

GRAVE ENCOUNTERS II -

The first half hour or so it is insanely boring. When they get to the asylum it starts getting good. There was lots of jump scenes and scares and twists, but overall it was pretty average. I was shocked at the guy from the first one still being alive tho. And the elevator scene scared the hell out of me < spoilers in white. The scenes in the asylum were good, but the ending was quite stupid. If you are bored and want to be a bit scared, definently get it.

About to watch Pulp Fiction for the first time, I made a huge list of movies I always wanted to see.

Also I love road movies  :flutter: Something about escapism I guess.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

MV5BMjAyNjQzODUyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEx

Synopsis:

A drama that charts ten years in the relationship of a male-to-female transsexual's relationship with her lover.

The movie language is French and I think there's no dubbing, only subtitles which is better imho, unless you read slowly.

I've seen a couple of movies about transsexualism. I particularly liked Transamerica. I though it was absolutely beautiful, realistic and touching. I've seen another movie from that director and he's getting very high on my list. I can't believe he made that movie at only 23 years old! He's a genius. I agree 100% with his philosophy, I like his art and I can't wait to see more from him. The movie is a love story. It shows how hard it can be to live with everybody's judgement contently. He's a man, she's a woman. They love each other. He wants to become a woman. They both love each other like crazy, but the thing is that she is not lesbian. She's open minded, they are both marginals, but there's something with that transformation that ruins her love for him, but she can't stop loving him. I really liked that movie and I think I'm gonna watch it again eventually and like it even better. This movie is full of love, passion, truth, common sense... the actors are fantastic. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me think. The only negative point I see is that it's 2h40mins and I think he could have cut 45 mins, but I still watched the movie in one shot. I was fascinated. The story happens in the 90s decade and it's visually amazing. I like how he plays with kitsch!

4/5 :)

The full movie in streaming with subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8nHcNOOt4Y

Two of my favorite scenes:

OMG, that super long silence, that girl who raise her hand simply to ask a specification about their homework, the music that starts, the confident runway walk, the beautiful teens in acid wash jeans and their reaction from different angles. PERFECT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-w3qSlzfI

Epic scene. Goosebump material.

@@Bekim I think you'd like it.

I'm glad you liked both movies!! He got another one coming at the end of September, it's called Mommy (more mommy issues lol)

Those Cannes snobs gave him a fucking 13 minute ovation for this movie. Wtf my forearms starts burning after 45 seconds of clapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU3OXMHdwS0#t=253

My expectations are not HIGH AT ALL!!

It Follows and Unfriended have been the best (new) movies I've watched this year. To be fair, I haven't watched too many movies this year so recommend something! I haven't had a computer so I can't torrent anything btw. But something in theaters or something I could find at best buy or something will be cool!

It Follows and Unfriended have been the best (new) movies I've watched this year. To be fair, I haven't watched too many movies this year so recommend something! I haven't had a computer so I can't torrent anything btw. But something in theaters or something I could find at best buy or something will be cool!

Top Five (2014)! 

Jesus christ, I still haven't found at least an active topic here for random film and movie discussion - if there is one, my apologies and moderators feel free to delete mine.  :hooker: But yeah, I watch a lot of films and there must be others here too, so I thought we could share some worthy films here, opinions, reviews etc film related.

Just make sure you're
using spoilers if you're giving away the plot or some other important material of the film/etc, since there will be people who probably haven't seen it yet

following the posting guide and rules

- not posting gore or similarly violent content, not all of us like the genre 

- basically keeping the shared and such content as PG as possible (no content like mentioned above)

Let us begin.  :creep:

Anyone watch The Crow (1994)? It's my all time fave movie.

the-crow_header.jpg?resize=1100x740

Summary:

The Crow is a 1994 American dark fantasy action film directed by Alex Proyas, written by David J. Schow and John Shirley. The film stars Brandon Lee in his final film appearance. The film is based on James O'Barr's 1989 comic book of the same name, and tells the story of Eric Draven (Lee), a rock musician who is revived from the dead to avenge his own death as well as the rape and murder of his fiancée.

Brandon Lee got shot by a co-star (which was part of the scene) and died on set. Pretty fucking tragic. :(

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven