Rose garden wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Fan Since:Early 2013
  • Time Online: 106d 23h 40m 18s

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:42 PM

I'm in the mood to watch a movie and have some ice cream and treat myself since I have no one to do it with tonight (or any night lol), any recommendations? Please write a little synopsis what it's about too. ♥

I better post this as a status update so people will read this...

Y0QaetB.jpg

#422 OFFLINE   jvcx

jvcx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Fan Since:February 2012
  • Time Online: 40d 17h 42m 22s

Posted 21 February 2018 - 06:18 PM

can they just put Annihilation up on Netflix already and not on March 12... pretty much my most anticipated film this year (well at least so far, along with Tomb Raider  :hooker:), I read the books ages ago and I'm very much looking forward to listening to the score tomorrow at midnight. Reading all these positive and praising reviews makes the wait even more of an ordeal...  :crossed:

And for those of you who don't know about it, it's a film written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina), based on the first book of Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach trilogy. Starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Oscar Isaac for example, all of them absolutely brilliant. The books are quite trippy to say the least, I can't even imagine what the film is going to be like since the author said that it's even more surreal than the books. I loved Ex Machina so I give Garland all my trust though and I'm loving what I've seen so far. And like I said the reviews have been mostly very positive so far, some even claiming it to be the best sci-fi film in years and others describing it as a masterpiece.

However the test screenings earlier last year were quite poor and the studio wanted Garland to change some of the ending and Portman's character a bit since the film is apparently "too intellectual" and complicated for the general public - and having read the book, it doesn't come to me as a surprise at all. Garland however refused and now it's getting a theatrical release only in the US, Canada and China on Friday and starts streaming on Netflix 17 days later everywhere else. I guess you could say that it's being marketed as some sort of a monster flick (which definitely isn't what the book has to offer) but thankfully the director himself said that the trailers are actually quite misleading, with the emphasis actually not being on the relationship of Portman and Isaac's characters and well, the monster(s) as much as the trailers suggest.

Anyways, I just can't wait to see the film because I'm beyond excited.  :party: A shame I won't be able to see it on the big screen but at least because of the Netflix deal I can watch it anytime I want without having to wait months for a blu-ray release (which I will most likely end up buying though).

• comeintomybedroom likes this

#423 OFFLINE   HANGINGFROOT

HANGINGFROOT

galactic prince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 978 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:the 19th century
  • Time Online: 41d 13h 39m 43s

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:53 AM

can they just put Annihilation up on Netflix already and not on March 12... pretty much my most anticipated film this year (well at least so far, along with Tomb Raider  :hooker:), I read the books ages ago and I'm very much looking forward to listening to the score tomorrow at midnight. Reading all these positive and praising reviews makes the wait even more of an ordeal...  :crossed:

And for those of you who don't know about it, it's a film written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina), based on the first book of Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach trilogy. Starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Oscar Isaac for example, all of them absolutely brilliant. The books are quite trippy to say the least, I can't even imagine what the film is going to be like since the author said that it's even more surreal than the books. I loved Ex Machina so I give Garland all my trust though and I'm loving what I've seen so far. And like I said the reviews have been mostly very positive so far, some even claiming it to be the best sci-fi film in years and others describing it as a masterpiece.

However the test screenings earlier last year were quite poor and the studio wanted Garland to change some of the ending and Portman's character a bit since the film is apparently "too intellectual" and complicated for the general public - and having read the book, it doesn't come to me as a surprise at all. Garland however refused and now it's getting a theatrical release only in the US, Canada and China on Friday and starts streaming on Netflix 17 days later everywhere else. I guess you could say that it's being marketed as some sort of a monster flick (which definitely isn't what the book has to offer) but thankfully the director himself said that the trailers are actually quite misleading, with the emphasis actually not being on the relationship of Portman and Isaac's characters and well, the monster(s) as much as the trailers suggest.

Anyways, I just can't wait to see the film because I'm beyond excited.  :party: A shame I won't be able to see it on the big screen but at least because of the Netflix deal I can watch it anytime I want without having to wait months for a blu-ray release (which I will most likely end up buying though).

THAT LOOKS LIKE LANA IN THE THUMBNAIL

• jvcx likes this

iWAeX6z.jpg

#424 OFFLINE   Clampigirl

Clampigirl

Rose garden wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 22 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

Has anyone seen Danish Girl? Was it good/bad? What was your impression of it?

Y0QaetB.jpg

#425 OFFLINE   Clampigirl

Clampigirl

Rose garden wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:54 PM

I just saw the trailer for Bohemian Rapsody, it looked really good! Is anyone else interested in seeing it? :D

• Edelweiss likes this

Y0QaetB.jpg

#426 OFFLINE   Edelweiss

Edelweiss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 7d 7h 36m 57s

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:01 PM

I just saw the trailer for Bohemian Rapsody, it looked really good! Is anyone else interested in seeing it? :D

I'm interested in going, I really hope that they didn't fuck it up by making it a PG13 movie and excluding the wild side of Freddies life. I think Rami will do fine in it but Sacha Baron Cohens seemed like a better pick for Freddie.

• Clampigirl likes this

#427 OFFLINE   Clampigirl

Clampigirl

Rose garden wanderer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

I'm interested in going, I really hope that they didn't fuck it up by making it a PG13 movie and excluding the wild side of Freddies life. I think Rami will do fine in it but Sacha Baron Cohens seemed like a better pick for Freddie.

I do hope it will be good enough since Queen still have a lot of fans today and many admired Freddie... people will always complain about something of course, but yes, I hope they tell his story good.

• Edelweiss likes this

Y0QaetB.jpg

#428 OFFLINE   Edelweiss

Edelweiss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Time Online: 7d 7h 36m 57s

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Wildlife
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=QQDL4stQCqo
The directorial debut of Paul Dano! With Carey Mulligan, Jake Gyllenhaal
I love Paul Dano. Based on the reviews already in for this film it seems like he aced directing it
Hope I get to see it in theaters
Comes out October 19th

#429 OFFLINE   Lana Rey Loreen

Lana Rey Loreen

Wife in Watercolors

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,974 posts
  • LocationAn Inverse Pietà
  • Time Online: 92d 9h 47m 4s

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:03 PM

Yooooo I love Paranormal Activity's saga

n6OYpqv.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users