American Beauty

Clueless

Heathers

Moonrise Kingdom

Romeo + Juliet ('96 Version)

The Basketball Diaries

if anyone has any recommendations i'll gladly accept

Thelma & Louise, Spring Breakers!

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

has anyone seen The Dancer In the Dark? it was brilliant

i wanna see it but i think bjork said that the dude who directed it sexually harassed her so no thx

and i just found out this fucker directed one of my fave films time for me to DIE

CAUSE BACK IN SCHOOL

WE ARE THE LEADERS OF IT ALL

has anyone seen The Dancer In the Dark? it was brilliant

Truly a beautiful and incredible experience, wouldn't watch it again tho. It was so emotionally draining that it left me depressed for days lol

Ps: Brokeback Mountain is amazing, Michelle Williams performance is so incredible and heartbreaking it made me hate the gay couple

8nl2OpX.png

i wanna see it but i think bjork said that the dude who directed it sexually harassed her so no thx

and i just found out this fucker directed one of my fave films time for me to DIE

yeah i watched after the told it. it is worth watching.

Truly a beautiful and incredible experience, wouldn't watch it again tho. It was so emotionally draining that it left me depressed for days lol

Ps: Brokeback Mountain is amazing, Michelle Williams performance is so incredible and heartbreaking it made me hate the gay couple

SAME, i had no idea what was going to happen before i start to watching it but then you know THAT thing happened and afterwards everything was just...hard to take

I'm in the mood to watch a movie and have some ice cream and treat myself since I have no one to do it with tonight (or any night lol), any recommendations? Please write a little synopsis what it's about too. ♥

I better post this as a status update so people will read this...

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

can they just put Annihilation up on Netflix already and not on March 12... pretty much my most anticipated film this year (well at least so far, along with Tomb Raider  :hooker:), I read the books ages ago and I'm very much looking forward to listening to the score tomorrow at midnight. Reading all these positive and praising reviews makes the wait even more of an ordeal...  :crossed:

And for those of you who don't know about it, it's a film written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina), based on the first book of Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach trilogy. Starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Oscar Isaac for example, all of them absolutely brilliant. The books are quite trippy to say the least, I can't even imagine what the film is going to be like since the author said that it's even more surreal than the books. I loved Ex Machina so I give Garland all my trust though and I'm loving what I've seen so far. And like I said the reviews have been mostly very positive so far, some even claiming it to be the best sci-fi film in years and others describing it as a masterpiece.

However the test screenings earlier last year were quite poor and the studio wanted Garland to change some of the ending and Portman's character a bit since the film is apparently "too intellectual" and complicated for the general public - and having read the book, it doesn't come to me as a surprise at all. Garland however refused and now it's getting a theatrical release only in the US, Canada and China on Friday and starts streaming on Netflix 17 days later everywhere else. I guess you could say that it's being marketed as some sort of a monster flick (which definitely isn't what the book has to offer) but thankfully the director himself said that the trailers are actually quite misleading, with the emphasis actually not being on the relationship of Portman and Isaac's characters and well, the monster(s) as much as the trailers suggest.

Anyways, I just can't wait to see the film because I'm beyond excited.  :party: A shame I won't be able to see it on the big screen but at least because of the Netflix deal I can watch it anytime I want without having to wait months for a blu-ray release (which I will most likely end up buying though).

can they just put Annihilation up on Netflix already and not on March 12... pretty much my most anticipated film this year (well at least so far, along with Tomb Raider  :hooker:), I read the books ages ago and I'm very much looking forward to listening to the score tomorrow at midnight. Reading all these positive and praising reviews makes the wait even more of an ordeal...  :crossed:

And for those of you who don't know about it, it's a film written and directed by Alex Garland (Ex Machina), based on the first book of Jeff VanderMeer's Southern Reach trilogy. Starring Natalie Portman, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Oscar Isaac for example, all of them absolutely brilliant. The books are quite trippy to say the least, I can't even imagine what the film is going to be like since the author said that it's even more surreal than the books. I loved Ex Machina so I give Garland all my trust though and I'm loving what I've seen so far. And like I said the reviews have been mostly very positive so far, some even claiming it to be the best sci-fi film in years and others describing it as a masterpiece.

However the test screenings earlier last year were quite poor and the studio wanted Garland to change some of the ending and Portman's character a bit since the film is apparently "too intellectual" and complicated for the general public - and having read the book, it doesn't come to me as a surprise at all. Garland however refused and now it's getting a theatrical release only in the US, Canada and China on Friday and starts streaming on Netflix 17 days later everywhere else. I guess you could say that it's being marketed as some sort of a monster flick (which definitely isn't what the book has to offer) but thankfully the director himself said that the trailers are actually quite misleading, with the emphasis actually not being on the relationship of Portman and Isaac's characters and well, the monster(s) as much as the trailers suggest.

Anyways, I just can't wait to see the film because I'm beyond excited.  :party: A shame I won't be able to see it on the big screen but at least because of the Netflix deal I can watch it anytime I want without having to wait months for a blu-ray release (which I will most likely end up buying though).

THAT LOOKS LIKE LANA IN THE THUMBNAIL

I just saw the trailer for Bohemian Rapsody, it looked really good! Is anyone else interested in seeing it? :D

I'm interested in going, I really hope that they didn't fuck it up by making it a PG13 movie and excluding the wild side of Freddies life. I think Rami will do fine in it but Sacha Baron Cohens seemed like a better pick for Freddie.

I'm interested in going, I really hope that they didn't fuck it up by making it a PG13 movie and excluding the wild side of Freddies life. I think Rami will do fine in it but Sacha Baron Cohens seemed like a better pick for Freddie.

I do hope it will be good enough since Queen still have a lot of fans today and many admired Freddie... people will always complain about something of course, but yes, I hope they tell his story good.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The more I read about the new Suspiria the more interested I am. But the thing is, there's no way I can handle extreme body horror and gore - like jfc I don't have enough courage to watch Hostel and Saw movies (seen the first Saw though) and the Evil Dead remake. And apparently there's a scene "so intense it reportedly 'traumatized' those present", and judging by all the comments I've seen on Twitter about it, I'm actually worried how I can cope with it. Apparently a lot of people looked away but the sound effects of flesh tearing apart and bones breaking are top notch and they alone will haunt you. The film screened in Venice earlier today and as expected, some people walked out but they also had a medic standby at the door. Fuck me for always becoming interested in films like this. Looking forward to reviews.

Even the 2-3 second shot of the mangled baby corpse in mother! is way too much for me, after seeing it for the first time I always put my hand in front of my eyes during that particular shot because I actually had nightmares of it even though I love the film overall.

Edit: Oh yeah I saw The Meg and Incredibles 2 today. The Meg was surprisingly good and Jason Statham continues to remain as one of my favorite Hollywood daddies. Incredibles is by far my favorite Pixar film but the sequel might surpass it, I loved how it focused on Elastigirl a lot because she's my favorite character and Mr. Incredible is my least favorite. Judging by the trailers I thought the scenes of him staying at home and discovering Jack-Jack's powers would be frustrating but Jack-Jack actually gave the best laughs. So far I've seen 25 films in theaters this year with a lot more to come before 2019, breaking my record.