Matt

Movie Discussion Thread

Not a best of List, but something worth seeing.

When you pay money at the cinema, it is to watch a GREAT FILM

Suspense...

" Rear Window "

Romance...

" Love And Other Drugs "

Western....

" The Hateful Eight "

Action ...

" Hardcore Henry "

Horror-Thriller ...
" 10 Cloverfield Lane "

Entertainment/Musical

" La La Land "

-

I Wonder if they'll remove Amber heard from Aquaman 2

They better not  :defeated: I know the Johnny Depp thing is a mess on both sides but she was perfect as Mera

Finally got around to watch Shape of Water and omg I'm blown away! It's such a cute story, with a wonderful score and directing. Though I couldn't help myself and was reminded of XFiles' "Flukey" (even if the monster from the movie was way more adorable lol). It's so refreshing to have a monster movie, where the monster doesn't transform but they're still able to have their happy end. I'm genuinely in love with this movie now :smile3:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

I can’t see a thread for it and lord above knows I ain’t about to start one for it but what the actual f**k is the hype for Oppenheimer all about? I genuinely don’t understand what the 3 hour run time is going to consist of? This man just having multiple conversations about a bomb and then building and testing it? And we know the world didn’t end and it didn’t start Chernobyl 2.0 so what, the bomb goes off and they’re like ‘kk cool it works’ and then the films over?:pft:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, OverYourHead said:

I can’t see a thread for it and lord above knows I ain’t about to start one for it but what the actual f**k is the hype for Oppenheimer all about? I genuinely don’t understand what the 3 hour run time is going to consist of? This man just having multiple conversations about a bomb and then building and testing it? And we know the world didn’t end and it didn’t start Chernobyl 2.0 so what, the bomb goes off and they’re like ‘kk cool it works’ and then the films over?:pft:

As far as I know, the real Oppenheimer regretted/had disillusions when creating the bomb. Morality is supposed to play a big role in the film

Idk Im not the hugest Nolan fan but I’m looking forward to the film as it appears to be a bit different than his previous films. And they recreated the bomb’s explosion in some capacity without CGI so that’s pretty neat

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * ・゜゜・.GIVE PEACE A CHANCE .・゜゜・ ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

I am a huge fan of the SAW and Sinister franchises. I look forward to the next SAW movie. 

Films don't really impress me much, but I thought this documentary about the 1992 LA Riots was really interesting. The documentary is 100% recorded footage from the day it all went down, no analysts or interviews. Moderators please do not give me a warning point, it is a National Geographic documentary. If you want me to take it down I will take down the post, thank you. 

https://youtu.be/uaotkHlHJwo

Eyes Wide Shut is also a really cool film. I'm not usually into many films like that but that one is pretty awesome - it's set in NYC. I have been looking for similar films. Another film like that I enjoyed was a film called Requiem For A Dream starring Jared Leto in NYC too. 

20 minutes ago, That Venice Bitch said:

As far as I know, the real Oppenheimer regretted/had disillusions when creating the bomb. Morality is supposed to play a big role in the film

Idk Im not the hugest Nolan fan but I’m looking forward to the film as it appears to be a bit different than his previous films. And they recreated the bomb’s explosion in some capacity without CGI so that’s pretty neat

I’m just imagining a 3 hour film filled with conversation after conversation until they test the bomb 

giphy.gif

Does anybody own anything from The Criterion Collection? I made a status about this, but wanted to know if you guys own any, or have any recommendations? There is currently a sale at Barnes & Nobles :hottie:! I picked up my first CCs: Valley Of The Dolls (seen some, not all, was a crappy YouTube rip), Wall-E (I LOVED this when it was released, so it's nice to have a Blu-Ray of it now), & All About Eve, which I just watched for the first time and LOVED IT. The writing and back n forths were so clever :ma:. It really sums that industry up well, I won't spoil the ending, but the cyclical nature is gratifying.

Also for the OppenBarbie convo above, unsure if I want to see either of them....Barbie is cute, but I'm skeptical of a modern/Gerwig take....Oppenheimer seems very dramatic, but possibly boring :toofunny:....

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Can anyone recommend me a lot of movies which have hugeeeee Lana vibes?

The Love Witch, Paris Texas, Valley of The Dolls, most of John Waters oeuvre, any David Lynch film (literally) and apparently Carlito’s Way (lol) immediately come to mind.

IMG-7960.jpg

33 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

The Love Witch, Paris Texas, Valley of The Dolls, most of John Waters oeuvre, any David Lynch film (literally) and apparently Carlito’s Way (lol) immediately come to mind.

Thank u ♡

url%5D

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Mulholland dr.

I guess you've already seen it before, but imo, it looks like it was written directly about her life.

The blonde character has a strong Lizzy Grant vibe, whereas the brunette reminds of Lana Del Rey. There is also another blonde singer in an audition, who almost sings like Lizzy.

Her poem "L.A. who I am to love you" has the same dark vibe. Both talk about dreams and nightmares. There's even a witch on the corner in the movie.

I've seen many movies, many of them are my favorites but if I'd choose a movie that would be no.1 in my list then it would be:

THE SOUND OF MUSIC

There's just something about the movie that is so perfect and heartwarming, all the themes, actors and their acting, chemistry, nature, aesthetics, songs, music...just so magnificent and fascinating. It's so classy too. It's probably the movie I have seen the most too, like over 10 times for sure. I loved it as a child, as a teen and I still love it. The movie is perfect as it is, this is definitely one of those movies that shouldn't be botched with a remake. Definitely deserved all of those Oscars, I'm so glad that it did! :cryney2:

url%5D

On 8/20/2023 at 5:43 AM, Embach said:

I Believe In Unicorns. It's more of a high budget art project than a film, but the main character's story reminds me so much of Lizzy and early Lana music.

that's what happens when you're on your own

and you're alright with letting nice things go