Matt

Movie Discussion Thread

I hated Black Swan, watching Natalie Portman trying to show emotions was painful. And I know that everyone absolutely loves Black Swan but I just don't understand why.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN HOW MAGNIFICENT THIS MOVIE IS. She was at war with herself. The ending was beautiful. It left me speechless. Deserved that Academy Award. Darren, you genius. Fell in love with ballet. The end.

I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN HOW MAGNIFICENT THIS MOVIE IS. She was at war with herself. The ending was beautiful. It left me speechless. Deserved that Academy Award. Darren, you genius. Fell in love with ballet. The end.

I love watching clips from Black Swan to help me think creatively, it's so helpful. The intensity of Portman's performance really just sends chills down my spine EVERY TIME I WATCH IT!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jaI1XOB-bs

I also adore the trailer. BTW, anyone notice at the Academy Awards that the spot they showed for Black Swan used Goblin's iconic score for Suspiria?

I love watching clips from Black Swan to help me think creatively, it's so helpful. The intensity of Portman's performance really just sends chills down my spine EVERY TIME I WATCH IT!!!

"What happened to my sweet girl?" "SHE'S GONE!"

& How did I ever forget this movie? It's wicked.

tumblr_m96m3q4KcF1qcp3lfo2_1280.jpg

Just watched The Birds & Goodfellas- both just became two of my favorite movies. Gonna watch The Wild One next, I think and Carnival of Souls on Mattiern's rec! B)

Carnival of Souls has grown to become among my top-10 favorites after only watching it once. It's wonderfully chilling and it's definitely a thinker-movie.

I like The Birds, but for some odd reason I think I would've liked it better if I watched it in B&W? I love Tippi though, she's gorgeous and nailed the character of Melanie. Goodfellas I've seen so many times - mostly because it's the only movie I bother watching on cable anymore. I love it but the narration gets very cheesy sometimes.

Finally watched The Shining yesterday and paid attention.

...Can anyone explain the animal suit blowjob? :teehee:

I love The Shining. I especially love the soundtrack

DO YOU LOVE IT THOUGH? It was so cheesy and I loved it tbh

HAHA YES I LOVE HOW CHEESY IT IS. ANNALYNNE SLAYS. My favorite part was when she asked that boy to eat her out knowing she was on her period. Like damn, she is the best asshole I know so far.

Heard awful things about that movie.

Yeah same here. But I really did enjoy it. I thought it was interesting.

I have'nt got into many of these older films, but I can definitely agree that scary movies from 30 years ago are overall MILES better than today's. Like the original Halloween is 10x better than the Rob Zombie crap from a few years ago. The feel of the old one is just perfect.

H0bDaqU.gif

I have'nt got into many of these older films, but I can definitely agree that scary movies from 30 years ago are overall MILES better than today's. Like the original Halloween is 10x better than the Rob Zombie crap from a few years ago. The feel of the old one is just perfect.

The 1978 Halloween directed by John Carpenter is one of the few occasions where I will call a slasher film flawless. It still is effectively creepy after all these years - you can't say that about many horror films from that time. (The Exorcist is not the scariest movie of all time folks, move on). The remake though - talk about awful. I couldn't even sit through most of it, it was bad.

The 1978 Halloween directed by John Carpenter is one of the few occasions where I will call a slasher film flawless. It still is effectively creepy after all these years - you can't say that about many horror films from that time. (The Exorcist is not the scariest movie of all time folks, move on). The remake though - talk about awful. I couldn't even sit through most of it, it was bad.

Yeah I had the bright idea of watching the 2 new Halloween movies last Halloween and they are terrible. Like all it is is gore. It's disgusting.

H0bDaqU.gif

Kicked off a horror movie marathon which was delayed by the hurricane.

The Bad Seed (1956): (Watched this a few days ago)

Loved it, especially the cinematography. Eileen Heckart's performance was fantastic. I really sympathized for her character.

Freaks (1932):

I love this also, still ashamed as a "horror fan" I haven't seen Browning's Dracula. I particularly enjoyed the "muddy" climax. But when they showed Cleopatra at the end... seriousness was lost.

Murder in the Rue Morgue (1932):

I'm not sure when this film turned from a murder mystery to King Kong. I only really enjoyed the whole "mad scientist kidnapping girls" concept in Les Yeux Sans Visage. I loved some of the cinematography in this film, and Lugosi's eyebrows ^_^

The Invisible Ray (1936):

Not bad special effects, fun movie, and Boris Karloff is alongside Lugosi in this one, so that should be the reason to see it in my opinion.

The Black Cat (1934):

This is my favorite film off the Bela Lugosi DVD collection so far. It is very creepy, even by today's standards in my opinion. It's a short film, and suffered from the quick cuts and other imperfections throughout, but overall it's quite haunting. Also Bela Lugosi plays a hero in this film, for once!

The Raven (1935):

The highlight of the movie was Bela Lugosi's evil laugh.

Black Friday (1940):

It was nothing great, but it was a decent "B" thriller I guess.

tumblr_lapxnxT7ri1qdx4k4o1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1351710427&Signature=YoUs%2FZSBJk4Ho6Qi0Fzyo%2F%2FAl9w%3D

Guest SolomonDelRey

I'm STILL obsessed with this movie. Lets talk about conspiracy theories surrounding her relationship with her mom.

Watching Black Swan on TV right now. When Natalie growls "It's my turn" - this movie becomes intense.

In other news, the STOKER poster has arrived:

1351768384_65549.jpg

I cannot wait any longer to see this film.