• PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationVenice Beach
  • Fan Since:Nov 2014
  • Time Online: 53d 11h 10m 46s

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:47 PM

who da fuck is that i'm not american

John Lennon's son

You smell like a million roses bathed in rock and roll.

#22 OFFLINE   Rem

Rem

LEGEND

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts
  • Time Online: 67d 11h 12m 10s

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:53 PM

"And [/size]Born to Die did have a slickness to it, but, in general, I have an aversion to things that sound glossy all over – you have to pick and choose. And some people say, ‘It’s not radio-ready if it isn’t super-shiny from top to bottom.’" - Lana[/size]
Confirmed, Lana doesn't give a fuck about the radio

yet she goes on insta as soon as she heard her song on the radio?

She also has a song called radio.?Literally.

tenor.gif
  • Masochism, HBHBHB, delreyfreak and 3 others like this

#23 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

Cult Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationVenice Beach

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

yet she goes on insta as soon as she heard her song on the radio?
She also has a song called radio.?Literally.tenor.gif

Being excited about hearing your own song on the radio and not making music to be put on the radio are different things
  • fl0ridakill0s, stephdelrey, My Sparrow Blue and 1 other like this

#24 ONLINE   wraith

wraith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationScotland
  • Time Online: 189d 18h 3m 15s

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

N thank god it's him and not Yoko

I hope him and the Weeknd are the only features

• fl0ridakill0s, delreyfreak, suedetokio and 6 others like this

#25 OFFLINE   delreyfreak

delreyfreak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts
  • LocationHigh By The Beach
  • Time Online: 28d 13h 17m

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Why does she say she hates songs that sound "glossy" and "clean" all over but then releases the title track which sounds exactly like that... really polished production-wise and completely lacks that rawness that she claims to so fondly love. Lol queen of contradictions

• slang, Cult Leader and My Sparrow Blue like this

#26 OFFLINE   Arcadia

Arcadia

Cult Groupie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
  • LocationVenice Beach

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

You might wanna add Yosemite to the track list

#27 OFFLINE   graham4anything

graham4anything

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Time Online: 12d 13h 22m 1s

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

@lustforlove

Sean Lennon is the only child of both John Lennon (he is the one who made the Beatles immortal) & Yoko Ono.

John had an older child Julian Lennon with his first wife.

This summer in August, is the 50th anniversary of the final full concert (In San Francisco at Candlestick Park (the old baseball stadium the Giants played in) that the Beatles gave.

The Beatles collectively are shortly just releasing a remastered Sgt. Peppers which was the Beatles answer to Brian Wilson & the Beach Boys Smile/Pet Sounds

Sean and the Beatles actually stand to gain a whole new generation of fans from this collaboration (judging by how there seem to be many people in the younger generation who don't seem to know the actual music of the Beatles.

(Much like Paul McCartney recently did duets with Kanye & Rihanna, gaining a whole new Beatle audience who asked Paul who?

Sean Lennon is quite non-commercial in his and his groups own music.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

#28 OFFLINE   Cult Leader

Cult Leader

subversive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Location4th dimension
  • Fan Since:October 2012
  • Time Online: 12d 14h 47m 35s

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

Idgaf what y'all say. I'm excited for this track. I like what I have listened to of Sean Lennon (he does sound exactly like John Lennon lol) and its really beautiful.
If yous can't appreciate psychedelic music... Um..

The fact that lana said this song is in her top 3 faves on Lust for Life just proves. THEY WILL DELIVER

And honestly, if the song is more stripped back than others, it's still going to make me cry of pure bliss. Yes I find bliss in sad songs, don't deny u do too

Why does she say she hates songs that sound "glossy" and "clean" all over but then releases the title track which sounds exactly like that... really polished production-wise and completely lacks that rawness that she claims to so fondly love. Lol queen of contradictions

THIS lmao. Abel influence? Tho she made it sound like it was just guest vocals and he had no part in production
  • DLT likes this

#29 OFFLINE   DLT

DLT

Carry Me Off The Stage, I've Had Too Much To Drink

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 543 posts
  • LocationTEXAS
  • Fan Since:November 2011
  • Time Online: 109d 13h 41m 34s

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

Idgaf what y'all say. I'm excited for this track. I like what I have listened to of Sean Lennon (he does sound exactly like John Lennon lol) and its really beautiful.
If yous can't appreciate psychedelic music... Um..

The fact that lana said this song is in her top 3 faves on Lust for Life just proves. THEY WILL DELIVER

Same, definitely looking forward to this one. I don't get the hate. To each their own though. 

• Cult Leader likes this

#30 OFFLINE   HBHBHB

HBHBHB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Time Online: 94d 17h 31m 55s

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:20 PM

You might wanna add Yosemite to the track list

Yeah honestly Yosemite is the one I'm most excited for cause it was recorded in one take and if PWYC says anything about one take Lana songs then Yosemite will be good  :defeated:

• delreyfreak, DLT and Arcadia like this

#31 OFFLINE   expandableclitoris

expandableclitoris

miiiiIIiiiiIster krabs is one thicc BiiiiH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • Time Online: 2d 10h 20m 2s

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

@lustforlove

Sean Lennon is the only child of both John Lennon (he is the one who made the Beatles immortal) & Yoko Ono.

John had an older child Julian Lennon with his first wife.

This summer in August, is the 50th anniversary of the final full concert (In San Francisco at Candlestick Park (the old baseball stadium the Giants played in) that the Beatles gave.

The Beatles collectively are shortly just releasing a remastered Sgt. Peppers which was the Beatles answer to Brian Wilson & the Beach Boys Smile/Pet Sounds

Sean and the Beatles actually stand to gain a whole new generation of fans from this collaboration (judging by how there seem to be many people in the younger generation who don't seem to know the actual music of the Beatles.

(Much like Paul McCartney recently did duets with Kanye & Rihanna, gaining a whole new Beatle audience who asked Paul who?

Sean Lennon is quite non-commercial in his and his groups own music.

Wtf? I was being ironic but thanks anyway Google man

• DominicMars likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users