Say Yes to Heaven

Official Audio: "Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)"

Posted the time zones in another thread, thought it could be here too

UK time - 7:00pm - 9:00pm (somewhere in between then, most likely 7:30pm)

CALI - 11:00am - 1:00pm

NY - 2:00pm - 4:00pm

PARIS - 8:00pm - 10:00pm

ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - 3:00am - 5:00am

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm not a fan of the Weeknd but it's absurd to say that he'll ruin the song. Lana clearly wants to rekindle her crossover appeal after two niche releases and the Weeknd is there to help. She never disappointed me yet with her first single btw.

I'm hyped & have high expectations,I wanna see how this collab will turn into. Her promo though... :toofunny: she will just comment in her insta 10 minutes before the premiere "hey kids in 10 minutes you can hear my new song tune in xoxo"

k0AnwZF.gif

Is that Radio 1 in the UK

(or is it now again called England now after the stupid idiots voted to kill their economy in search of a new Jorg Haider White nationalist,

though its a great time to buy stuff from there while the exchange rate is so great here.?)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I'm not a fan of the Weeknd but it's absurd to say that he'll ruin the song. Lana clearly wants to rekindle her crossover appeal after two niche releases and the Weeknd is there to help. She never disappointed me yet with her first single btw.

if he sucks, he'll ruin the song since he's gonna be on the chorus.

giphy.gif

Btw I don't want to start rumours but apparently the music video for the song has already been shot and the Weeknd has posted on insta about shooting a music video recently so these pics could be from the set:

https://instagram.com/p/BSw5l9ejP2S/

https://instagram.com/p/BSuLi2ig2qn/

I don't think it's for Lust For Life. As we all know, Lana records music video like lots of months before the release, sometimes even years ( :creep: ), so I don't think she would shoot the music video like 1 week ago. She had also recorded one or two music videos, so I think it must have been recorded a long time ago, like October/November.

Where he said that ?  :creep:

LDR: So basically, ‘Lust for Life’ was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik’s Cube. I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn’t right. I don’t usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, ‘Why don’t we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?’ So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels’ place the next day and I was like, ‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I’m finally happy with it. (laughs) But we should do something. Like, soon.

4BZPaCg.jpg

LDR: So basically, ‘Lust for Life’ was the first song I wrote for the record, but it was kind of a Rubik’s Cube. I felt like it was a big song but... it wasn’t right. I don’t usually go back and re-edit things that much, because the songs end up sort of being what they are, but this one song I kept going back to. I really liked the title. I liked the verse. John Janick was like, ‘Why don’t we just go over and see what Max Martin thinks?’ So, I flew to Sweden and showed him the song. He said that he felt really strongly that the best part was the verse and that he wanted to hear it more than once, so I should think about making it the chorus. So I went back to Rick Nowels’ place the next day and I was like, ‘Let’s try and make the verse the chorus,’ and we did, and it sounded perfect. That’s when I felt like I really wanted to hear Abel sing the chorus, so he came down and rewrote a little bit of it. But then I was feeling like it was missing a little bit of the Shangri-Las element, so I went back for a fourth time and layered it up with harmonies. Now I’m finally happy with it. (laughs) But we should do something. Like, soon.

Thank u  :)

Lust For Dead   large.gif

I'm SO excited to hear this!!  :excited:

Also I love radio premieres! Just the thought that we're all going to be listening to this new track all over the world at the same time is so cool, reminds me of the West Coast premiere! It's so exciting!

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg