Say Yes to Heaven

Official Audio: "Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)"

I was super wary of this because of The Weeknd and Max Martin shudderrrr, but I'm pleasantly surprised. The lyrics are nothing special as per usual but her vocal delivery makes the song imo. I was so upset with Love when I first heard it I had to turn it off because it was so boring and repetitive, but this I like on first listen. Go figure ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm just happy I like it hahah.

It's true that L4L has strands of WY, and/but when I hear it first time (two seconds ago) it oddly reminds me to this,

which... (upon re-listening) surprised me on how much BTD-era it sounds instead of L4L--considering that (seemingly) everyone thought it (and the album) would be BTD-ish, or a BTD comeback, not that I mind.

I am fascinated with the current culture of fast deeming something before it has even taken any shape of ideas.
With Lana, she likes playing God and twist things around just for the sake of it. Just for the sake of the 1% odd.
Her lyrics might be repetitive but the motives behind them might not.

Please note that Just Because A Man... is from 16 years ago. 2001.
Must be the Live SS-esque strings, the DICWB-ish 50s guitars' pluckings, riffs and slides.
But I think it's the albeit faster progression of beats and kicks of it that's very similar to L4L's.
That said, if the two songs were contemporaries, and was on the radio at the same time, I'd switch to Just Because....just for its sheer humm-able quality.
Among other jobtitles, Nathan Larson is a film score composer that once upon time scored a documentary titled American Mystic, released on Apr 22, 2010.

And can I dare hope that this will bring back @LoveLanaLikeLife aboard?
If not, I might change my username to @LustLanaForLife to honor him.
@@Elle, can one reserve a name plan for a future change? I 'd be very much obliged, darling.

@LOVELANALIKELIFE -- LOVE, LUST FOR LIFE, icwydt Lana...

Who knows, maybe he's already back~

photo-thumb-1342.jpeg

"My boyfriend's back and he's cooler than ever."

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

I don't understand what makes the song sound so "commercial" to you guys is it the extra sounds in the instrumental, or just the fact that the weeknd is on it?

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

And can I dare hope that this will bring back @LoveLanaLikeLife aboard?

If not, I might change my username to @LustLanaForLife to honor him.

@@Elle, can one reserve a name plan for a future change? I 'd be very much obliged, darling.

@LOVELANALIKELIFE -- LOVE, LUST FOR LIFE, icwydt Lana...

Who knows, maybe he's already back~

photo-thumb-1342.jpeg

"My boyfriend's back and he's cooler than ever."

BOOM BOOM, LANA. BOOM BOOM!

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

On my way to the dentist today, I kept changing the radio channels to find a good song and I heard THREE radio stations talk about Lust for Life :D Made me happy!

ALSO: this is my dorky moment here i go: during my dentist appointments i like to have music playing in my ears. Anyways... so I had Lust for Life on a playlist and, when it came on, I sort of smiled a bit LMAO and my hygienist was like "sweetie, stay still. No smiling." The song makes me HAPPEH. i'm a grown ass woman and lana got me feeling like a giggly little kid all over again haha 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

Oh no , another red update its number 4 again, if it keeps dropping like this it'll probably be out of the top 10 tomorrow

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

Mixed? review from Pitchfork.

---

In some ways, Lana Del Rey and the Weeknd are perfect opposites. She’s the willing paramour and sucker for tragic romance. He’s the epitome of the shadowy men she chases, —drugged up, bad, broken, and emotionally unavailable. The Weeknd even admitted to these roles in an interview with Pitchfork, calling Del Rey “the girl in my music, and I am the guy in her music.” Their third collaboration, “Lust for Life,” goes just as the others have: They play tangled apparitions reliving a Hollywood daydream that’s more Sunset Boulevard than La La Land. Even more than the others, this song—the title track from Del Rey’s upcoming record—is the auditory equivalent of a perfume commercial, all wisps of sensations and hints of feeling.

Unlike Del Rey’s last single, "Love," which used young romance as a time machine linking eras, "Lust for Life" is outside of time, lacking the same empathy and resonance. This song’s ideas are hollow in comparison—there’s talk of being masters of fate, captains of our own souls, and having, of course, a lust for life, but these are all empty signifiers amid all the whimpers, coos, and listless falsettos. That isn’t to say Del Rey and the Weeknd don’t thrive in these spaces. There is a certain charm each possess that’s magnified when they’re together; they’re silhouettes moving through a fame diorama of their own making, where the rules bend to their whims. So naturally, they’re the coolest people there. When Lana whispers, “In these stolen moments/The world is mine,” it feels all but a certainty, but she’s hardly lusting after it.

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/19012-lana-del-rey-lust-for-life-ft-the-weeknd/