Sign in to follow this  
Say Yes to Heaven

Stevie Nicks Featured on 'Lust For Life'

I thought Lana's version of "Last Song" (Brian Wilson) was recorded, and while initially he said he wanted more work done on it (as he always is known for), he decided the song was way too personal for anyone else to sing, so only his version was used for the album

(anyone listening to the whole album could see it made no real sense for a different version on the same album) 

and always wondered if Lou Reed had appeared on Brooklyn Baby, would the do doos have been in tune with the do do do in Walk on the Wild Side, or would he have done some additional verse or two?

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I have a feeling Lana would have covered Walk on the Wild Side, no doubt about it.

to work on it with Lou Reed ? I think she said she wanted him on Brooklyn Baby

giphy.gif

I'm gonna post this in the other thread but I'll post it here too.

If anyone of you are wondering what the Seven Wonders is, it's this:

So basically there are many seven wonders in the world, ranging from 7 wonders of magic (which I will explain below), 7 wonders of the ancient world, 7 wonders of the modern world etc. I chose to explain the 7 wonders of magic because it's pretty obvious, especially in the LFL trailer.

The Seven Wonders of Magic

Telekinesis - To move objects with ones mind (In the beginning of the trailer we see the goblet, hourglass and hologram of the world move in front of Lana)

Comcilium - Control and reading of the mind (Lana looks into the hologram of the world and cheekily looks up at the camera, as if she's knows what we're thinking)

Teleportation - To move through space without aid (Lana's hologram moves from the desk to the window)

Divination - To foresee all things accurately (Lana looks out of the window, foreseeing Hollywood)

Vitalum Vitalis - The balancing of scales between two life forces (Lana compares our generation to the 60s/70s)

Descensum - Prjoect oneself through the various planes (Lana talk about sending her love to us all through the ether)

Pyrokinesis - The starting and control of fire (Lana says "Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire". Then as she gathers the ingredients in her hands, a poof of fire/spark ignites)

Then she draws the seven planets in front herself.

Manifestation of all powers indicates the next supreme witch.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

So basically there are many seven wonders in the world, ranging from 7 wonders of magic (which I will explain below), 7 wonders of the ancient world, 7 wonders of the modern world etc. I chose to explain the 7 wonders of magic because it's pretty obvious, especially in the LFL trailer.

Telekinesis - To move objects with ones mind (In the beginning of the trailer we see the goblet, hourglass and hologram of the world move in front of Lana)

Comcilium - Control and reading of the mind (Lana looks into the hologram of the world and cheekily looks up at the camera, as if she's knows what we're thinking)

Teleportation - To move through space without aid (Lana's hologram moves from the desk to the window)

Divination - To foresee all things accurately (Lana looks out of the window, foreseeing Hollywood)

Vitalum Vitalis - The balancing of scales between two life forces (Lana compares our generation to the 60s/70s)

Descensum - Prjoect oneself through the various planes (Lana talk about sending her love to us all through the ether)

Pyrokinesis - The starting and control of fire (Lana says "Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire". Then as she gathers the ingredients in her hands, a poof of fire/spark ignites)

LMFAO is this an actual thing? I thought it was made up on AHS :rip:

:awkney:

VyIsfwC.jpg

Girl, this is the real world and not AHS

image.png

Girl, this is the real world and not AHS

Obviously not, I was just explaining that this could be one of the clues in her trailer that points to Stevie Nicks being a collab since there were clues for both Sean and Abel.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

What an absolute load of BOLLOCKS.

The pretentia is high this era.

hmm been looking online but couldn't find anywhere where Lana cited or talked about Stevie Nicks... she is cited as an influence on alanwikia and apparently Stevie watched her perform at a private event once in 2011 but couldn't find anything more.

giphy.gif

I hope the song is good.

Stevie vocals are not the tea....

I'd disagree in regards to Stevie's vocals - I mean can you name an artist who is past their prime who is still able to belt it out the same as Stevie? Not Madonna, not Cher - Stevie doesn't use any vocoders to help her stay current - There are few that can, some I can think of are Pat Benatar, Carole King, Tina Turner, Celine Dion and Aretha Franklin (there are a couple of others tbh) My point is Lana scored a huge collaboration with Stevie and I too hope that the song is good - Since Rick Nowels has intense history with both artists I am really hoping for the best because this is the collaboration I've wanted for years !! (fingers crossed)

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png