Sign in to follow this  
H E R O I N

VENEZUELAN CRISIS

I'm not sure if you've already heard about this theme, but Venezuela (my country) is in a social, economical and political crisis (yep all of that).

We can't eat what we want bc there's no food on the market's shelves. if you want to buy something like rice, sugar, oil, corn meal. You have to wait a month and buy a box of food and well... you will have what you want but in short portions.

I don't want to make this long, i'll left you many links about this situation and well i want to read what you all think about this.

Venezuelan crisis explained in 90 seconds - BBC News

All the story behind the crisis

Why is Venezuela in crisis again? | Venezuela | Al Jazeera

Yes, we were in crisis all this time.

Why Is Venezuela in Crisis? | The Nation

The daily battle for survival in Venezuela

There's too much to tell behind this, if you want to buy food. You had to wait in a line maybe for three or four hours? sometimes people spend most of the time in a line waiting and they can't buy nothing.

Venezuela quitting OAS in anger at pressure over political crisis

(Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand. English is not my cup of tea)

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

I wish we could do more to help. Imagine creating bombs that literally cost trillions when there are people starving like this.

Politicians have no hearts. Do any of our world leaders have a conscience?

I wish we could do more to help. Imagine creating bombs that literally cost trillions when there are people starving like this.

Politicians have no hearts. Do any of our world leaders have a conscience?

When? The Venezuelan government wants to kill us

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

It's so horrible.

God it's times like these I wish I could save the world.

But that only depends on us Venezuelans. But many are lazy and only criticize

do you know of any trustworthy organizations that will take donations from those of us who are elsewhere in the world? i would love to help but since i'm not there obviously i don't really know what the best things to do would be :(

UbsOye5.png

do you know of any trustworthy organizations that will take donations from those of us who are elsewhere in the world? i would love to help but since i'm not there obviously i don't really know what the best things to do would be :(

I don't recommend that, people from Mexico sent us donations (food) and the government is selling it in boxes like this one:Imagen1-2-300x225.png

this is terrible..

also isn't venezuela like the most dangerous country in the world? how are people able to live in a place like this?

breaks my heart..: /

Is very harsh. No one can leave, you know everybody is scared to live in another country and start from scratch like if nothing had happened. Everybody thinks about their family. 

Is sad almost, all the time we live with a lot of fear and nervousness. We can't go out in midnight, we can't use our cellphones in the streets, we can't have anything, we live with the fear of being robbed

I don't recommend that, people from Mexico sent us donations (food) and the government is selling it in boxes like this one:Imagen1-2-300x225.png

oh no :( :( i'm so sorry, this is awful :( i read a few articles that said last time pressure from those outside the country helped, so i guess we can all try our best to spread the word and raise awareness

EDIT: i've never sent mail outside my own country so i don't know really how it all works, but my guess is that at the boarder they are taking any mail that contains aids like food and/or medicine? i'm sure there are people who are trying to smuggle things but it's such a risk it scares people away

UbsOye5.png

That's sad. How are you doing? I was wondering if everybody's situation is the same or if some are slightly less bad than other's.

That's sad. How are you doing? I was wondering if everybody's situation is the same or if some are slightly less bad than other's.

Not everyone affects very much ...

But it is difficult, in Venezuela you don't live, YOU SURVIVE

That's sad. How are you doing?

Well, we are surviving. Trying to eat a little bit less than used to eat, buying overprice food, buying rotted food, eating veggies, eating cheap things, working in 3 different works at time, buying food after clothes/shoes/smartphones.

Just like i said, trying to survive.

Well, we are surviving. Trying to eat a little bit less than used to eat, buying overprice food, buying rotted food, eating veggies, eating cheap things, working in 3 different works at time, buying food after clothes/shoes/smartphones.

Just like i said, trying to survive.

Yep.

Yuca, Platanos, sardinas 

this is so sad, especially when you think about how venezuela was one of the most advanced latin american countries some time ago. it's just terrible to see how basically half of the comment section of the yt video don't care about venezuela but just bash each others beliefs but that was probably because of the stupid decision of having these americans in the intro (who clearly meant something else). 

i hope this huge crisis won't last too long.

i76mrxw.png