Sign in to follow this  
Affordable Healthcare Being Act Replaced By American Health Care Act

Its shitty situations like this that make me realize how lucky I am to be in the U.K and how important the NHS is.  :deadbanana:  :biblio:

There was a news article i remember reading a day or two back that the U.S has one on the most expensive prescriptions services in the world. That's disgusting tbh. Health care should be about making you get better again not how much money they can squeeze out of you. In England we have to pay for our prescriptions but there generally worth there money and it doesn't cost the earth. There's even a system in check were kids get there's for free up to a certain age and that if your on certain benefits (welfare) you can also get them for free to.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

How much do something like anti-depressants cost in America? (if anyone's willing to share)

In Australia I have a Health Care Card which enables me cheaper access to medication and doctor's appointments. On average I pay $6.30 to fill my scripts which I'm really grateful for. Some of friends on different SSRIs pay about $30 to fill their script which is still a reduced cost from like $240. It makes access to mental health care much more manageable for those who are financially at risk.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

How much do something like anti-depressants cost in America? (if anyone's willing to share)

In Australia I have a Health Care Card which enables me cheaper access to medication and doctor's appointments. On average I pay $6.30 to fill my scripts which I'm really grateful for. Some of friends on different SSRIs pay about $30 to fill their script which is still a reduced cost from like $240. It makes access to mental health care much more manageable for those who are financially at risk.

Pexeva is $360ish a month and Sarafem is $500ish a month without insurance (price fluctuates a bit depending on the dosage) With insurance, they're still about $80 a month each. 

9a32008aa9568555201e3b88bceeef59.jpg

Pexeva is $360ish a month and Sarafem is $500ish a month without insurance (price fluctuates a bit depending on the dosage) With insurance, they're still about $80 a month each. 

that's really tragic :/ If I lived in the U.S I'd have to stop taking my meds because $80 is way too much for me.

Just googled and Lexapro without insurance is like $223. I'd be dead.

that's really tragic :/ If I lived in the U.S I'd have to stop taking my meds because $80 is way too much for me.

Just googled and Lexapro without insurance is like $223. I'd be dead.

Yeah and on top of that Lizzy has a prescription that's $65 a month after insurance pays and $250 a month without it and I have other stuff I take too. Even with insurance, we're still putting out around $350 a month on just meds, that doesn't cover the costs of checkups, emergency room visits and it doesn't cover dental or vision at all and all 3 of us wear glasses. 

In the US, to have good health coverage, you basically have to be lucky enough, as I am, to have a good job where your employer pays-- and even then you have to pay part out of your paycheck-- or purchase insurance yourself.

Obamacare was a woefully insufficient reform. And now Republicans are trying to undo even that.

@ataraxia

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/860299912214446082

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Yeah and on top of that Lizzy has a prescription that's $65 a month after insurance pays and $250 a month without it and I have other stuff I take too. Even with insurance, we're still putting out around $350 a month on just meds, that doesn't cover the costs of checkups, emergency room visits and it doesn't cover dental or vision at all and all 3 of us wear glasses. 

:deadbanana: gofundme a new prez

In the US, to have good health coverage, you basically have to be lucky enough, as I am, to have a good job where your employer pays-- and even then you have to pay part out of your paycheck-- or purchase insurance yourself.

Obamacare was a woefully insufficient reform. And now Republicans are trying to undo even that.

@ataraxia

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/status/860299912214446082

:lel: I love Bernie manically laughing. Tho I will say Turnbull has been attempting to systematically dismantle Australia's social welfare program, particularly through the introduction of an automated debt recovery system which frankly, is inaccurate.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-10/centrelink-debt-recovery-system-lacks-transparency-ombudsman/8430184

It's a really sad day here for a lot of Americans. A couple of my friends are going to lose their healthcare if this passes in the Senate and I feel sick to my stomach knowing that. I'm guessing it won't pass through the U.S. Senate, but who knows. Thank god I moved to California because we could be getting universal (single-payer) healthcare here. It just passed through the state Senate Health Committee (yay!) which means our healthcare would be federally funded by our state like most developed nations in this world 

god bless the uk tbh i've never had to pay for any medication, dentist visits, gp visits, hospital visits etc in my life

thank god im not american the i remember someone I know had cancer treatment and was from the US and his bill was like 100,000$ + or something 

mess

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_1h0d6zmin8g0

My daughter's doctor called to ask if I wanted to wait on her endometriosis surgery because they don't know if the meds she'll need after the surgery are going to be covered or not. If she doesn't have the surgery she'll eventually start having abdominal pain that will gradually get worse and could potentially ruin her chances of fertility, destroy her ovaries and fallopian tubes, and cause her to have extreme pain during her period. With the surgery, she'll have problems sitting and walking for at least few months. Without the meds after the surgery, she'll have to deal with abdominal pain, which is something that could happen the rest of her life, along with a list of other side effects. She will probably need more surgeries within the next 5-10 years and she'll be in a high-risk category for infection, which could cause more surgeries and medications if the proper meds aren't in her life. 

This is the type of decision I would never have had to make with the ACA. All of this was set to be covered, minus a small percentage of her meds that would have been affordable, now I'm having to choose between making my daughter wait on a surgery, which could cause health issues the rest of her life, or make her go through the surgery and have no way of knowing if I'll be able to financially manage the pain and side effects she'll have. We literally can not afford either option and both are guaranteeing her a life of pain. Having her post-surgery meds covered was the only hope we had during this and that's not a guarantee now. What happens if we have to choose between meds and our home or meds and food? What happens when the meds are more expensive than we can afford? At the very minimum, her meds are expected to cost an extra $600 a month. That's not going to include the cost of the surgery itself, which will probably be around $15,000, nor does it include the cost of doctor visits, possible ER visits and any additional care she might need. We make too much for Medicaid, CHIP won't cover the majority of this, our projected insurance price won't be affordable and probably won't cover this, but paying out of pocket won't be affordable either. I honestly dare someone to tell me how this is the "less of two evils" 

All of this because someone's eager to get a bit richer. This is simply immoral. How is it possible to consciously put people through these terrible situations, when our countries are so rich and our officials so wealthy. It's 2017. Healthcare is not a luxury, it is a human right. 

Wake up American people, your taxes pay the wars your country gets engaged into to rob countries of their natural ressources and distribute the profits to the 1% elite of the world. 

SCARFACE2371.png

The rise of conservatism is directly related the accumulation of power over time as it enables power-holders to influence those beneath them and suppress their opposition

it will only get worse as power-holders use their influence to continue to dismantle the protections of the common man and accumulate more power

Gentle pushback in the opposite direction will not work. Their influence is too great. Either we act with conviction or get snuffed.

edit: sorry bout my little angry rant here guys

giphy.gif

Healthcare should be free. You guys pay taxes to the government, so, why don't they use this money to make free hospitals, schools and to make sure that everyone has access to food and clean water? 
USA is one of the most powerful countries and have a lot of money, but I think that the problem is: some people have a lot of money, and a lot of people don't. And the ppl that have money is on the power and they couldn't care less about who isn't rich as they are.
Education, Healthcare, Home, Water and Food are needs, not products.