Sign in to follow this  
renaissance

Elle UK June 2017 Interview & New Confirmed Track - "God Bless America"

“I wrote God Bless America [a track on the album] before the Women’s Marches, but I could tell they were going to happen… I realised a lot of women were nervous about some of the bills that might get passed that would directly affect them. So yes, it’s a direct response in anticipation of what I thought would happen, and what did happen.”

From her ELLE interview
http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/lana-del-rey-warns-to-steer-clear-of-selfish-singers-and-date-a-bassist-a3536126.html
http://www.elleuk.com/life-and-culture/longform/a35654/lana-del-rey-is-elle-june-2017-cover-star/ Edited by evilentity
Added links to excerpts.

FzytWEW.png

She tells us her famed chanteuse persona has become less of a prop for her now. 'I know that if I had more of a persona [before], I have less of one now. And I think it comes down to getting a little older. Maybe I needed a stronger look or something to lean on then. But I feel like it wouldn't be hard for me today to play a mega show in jeans without rehearsing and still feel like I was coming from the right place.'

I'm loving seeing this maturation.

Talking about feeling more positive at this time in her life, she tells us, 'All the tough things that I have been through – that I've drawn upon [in my work] – don't exist for me anymore. Not all my romantic relationships were bad, but some of them challenged me in a way that I didn't want to be challenged and I am happy I don't have to do that now.'

That's why I'm leaving you for the music, you for the music, it's true, it's true

For me, the dream is to have a little bit of edge, the sexiness, the magnetism, the camaraderie, be on the same page and all that stuff, but without the fallout that comes from a person who is really selfish and puts only their needs first, which is like a lot of frontmen if we're talking about musicians!'

'I'm going to write a book one day called, "The curse of the frontman and why you should always date a bassist."'

86ceb3c861ac3d7b0737b2ccde488ca3.png

You can play?  :O

:hooker:

Hmmm, Mertens played bass in her band. And of course there's "Joshy & I": You play the bass...

Lana also talks about the influences on her new album, including American politics, 'I think it would be weird to be making a record during the past 18 months and not comment on how [the political landscape] was making me or the people I know feel, which is not good. It would be really difficult if my views didn't line up with what a lot of what people are saying.'

I'm both excited for some political awareness from her and worried it will completely miss the mark. That last sentence does not inspire confidence. Probably just her usual inarticulateness in interviews, but the way she worded it smacks of pandering to audience concerns, not genuinely feeling them. Also sounds downright Trumpian. Many people are saying... Cautiously optimistic though.

“I wrote God Bless America [a track on the album] before the Women’s Marches, but I could tell they were going to happen… I realised a lot of women were nervous about some of the bills that might get passed that would directly affect them. So yes, it’s a direct response in anticipation of what I thought would happen, and what did happen.”

This sounds more like it. Anticipating the title will be ironic/sarcastic or mournful.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

hm so strange of her to finally admitting she indeed had some sort of persona back in 2012... not sure how to feel about it

giphy.gif

God Bless America sounds like a song from Paradise. Im loving it

so we know abt

Love

Best American Record (Still undecided)

Yosemite

Lust For Life (feat. The Weeknd)

God Bless America

Tomorrow Never Came (feat. Sean Ono)

TBA (feat. Stevie Nicks)

any other confirmed ones?

FINALLY, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HER TO COVER ELLE FOR 5 1/2 YEARS OMG my baby is gonna cover me :icant:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

so we know abt

Love

Yosemite

Lust For Life

God Bless America

No other CONFIRMED songs but there's "Chartruese" & "Abomination" (songs that have lyrics claiming to be lana, and it sounds legit.. never know though) and the controversial track "Life Is Beautiful"

so we know abt

Love

Yosemite

Lust For Life

God Bless America

don't forget Tomorrow Never Came 

and the song with Stevie we don't know the name

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

This shoot isn't as good as the Dazed one but WOWW

I mean ger checks aren't out an inch in this shoot. the only pic I liked from the dazed shoot was the blue gown with orange backround

hm so strange of her to finally admitting she indeed had some sort of persona back in 2012... not sure how to feel about it

But I liked this persona..bring her back lana

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

im glad she mentioned the women's marches. kind of makes up for her saying she doesnt give a shit about feminism. kind of. 

:brandy:

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Okay holy SHIT but I literally woke up at 4 am last night because I had a dream that Lana surprise released a music video and I wanted to read the threads about it but it didn't actually happen

But part of the lyrics were "God Bless America, God Bless the places where we've been" 

And the music video was her on the moon meeting the astronauts from the moon landings in black and white then later her all alone because there haven't been any missions to the moon for a long time and it was a fucking social commentary holy SHIT