Amadeus

Eurovision Song Contest

Eurovision 2020: starts on page 16

Eurovision 2019: starts on page 12
Eurovision 2018: starts on page 8

Eurovision 2017 OP:

So this is for all the European (Israeli and Australian) Lipsters who love and watch this iconic yearly event. 

This year's contest is gonna take place in Kyiv and if you don't already know this year Russia decided to withdraw from the contest because they send an act that violated the ukranian law.

nvmd politics aside, let the hunger games begin. The show starts at 9pm central european time and is also being livestreamed on youtube  makeup.gif

here is a recap of all the songs that managed to qualify for the grand finale in the official running order:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L83Lyp1MTAc

i76mrxw.png 

the whole russia ukraine situation is mess, and it's all putins fault :facepalm:

but i'm happy the ESC is in my mom's home country this year :party:

and i'm so rooting for france such a bop,

germany will lose again, this year deserved tho, such a bad song :toofunny:

Most of the songs are rather forgettable, IMO. And the Austrian entry is not only forgettable, but also really bad. :toofunny:

I'm rooting for France too, it's a bop. I surprisingly like the Dutch song as well. I also kinda like the Bulgarian one, plus he's cute. :creep: If only he got his teeth fixed. The Swedish entry is one of these typical ESC songs, I wouldn't be surprised if they win.

Also, I still think that Polina Gagarina was robbed two years ago!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I will listen to G-Eazy for a week if the UK gets into double figures

you better revoke this statement since lucie is actually in the press predictions for the top 10 and will land some pretty good jury votes with these vocals and one of the best stagings this year. It wouldn't be surprising if she scored a spot on the left side tonight.

My favourites this year are Portugal, France, Azerbaijan, Latvia (which didn't make it and was robbed), Finland (also robbed at the semi), Belarus (it's cute) the UK. I'd be fine any of the three favourites Portugal, Italy and Bulgaria winning though because they all deserve it.

Croatia is the worst entry though, it's even worse than Germany but i'm afraid some mums will vote for it because they think it's talent. 

i76mrxw.png 

I was really excited for this year, although I think it's a little weak, but unluckily I'll miss the event because I have to attend a birthday party. Anyway, I'd like Denmark, Italy or Portugal to win. I also like France and I used to like Belgium, but the live performance... I'm from Spain, but the candidate this year is one of the worst.

I used to like Belgium, but the live performance...

yes i can't get over the fact that Blanche is serving SNL performances but is being praised for being "emotional" on stage  :deadbanana:

i76mrxw.png 

So excited to see it!  :smile3:

I'm rooting for Portugal's Salvador Sobral. It's such a delicate song in its native Portuguese. 

TY 

tumblr_n5fth3ig6s1rpppaho1_500.gif

can we also talk about how estonia tried to bring born to die realness to the contest with this duet about a tragically reckless type of love and the beehive, white snl dress and tragic live vocals.

i76mrxw.png 

This show is becoming so boring.

So many non catchy boring ballads and no one is even TRYING to deliver something different/edgy...

And now they even have exposure in America and Japan if I'm not wrong and still not delivering IT...

It was fun and entertaining to watch it before.

Even some trashy songs were better than this what is served today...

I wish I can participate lol

tumblr_p0v8ex4Llk1raxa8qo1_540.jpg

can we also talk about how estonia tried to bring born to die realness to the contest with this duet about a tragically reckless type of love and the beehive, white snl dress and tragic live vocals.

So in addition to Italy, this is another song that explicitely takes a swipe at Western civilization. Italy's song is more fun though  :deadbanana:

Watching all our friends fall in and out of Old Paul's, this is my idea of fun

This contest is a joke. No credibility at all. It's all about politics, and obviously Ukraine was going to play the victim, as usual. Russia didn't withdraw, they were not allowed to enter, which is different.

"The Ukrainian Security Service banned wheelchair bound Samoylova from entering the country for three years over her performance in Crimea in 2015 which Kiev deemed illegal."

The majority of people in Crimea are of Russian origin. They had a referendum and they chose to re-join Russia. They've been part of Ukraine only since 1954. The western media are making a big tragedy out of this, making it look as if people there are unhappy about being part of Russia.

The only ones who are unhappy about this are Ukraine (for losing territory) and NATO for losing a very strategic area where to position their troops and weapons aiming at Russia.

If you care about animals, please watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5hGQDLprA8

So excited to see it!  :smile3:

I'm rooting for Portugal's Salvador Sobral. It's such a delicate song in its native Portuguese. 

I was really excited for this year, although I think it's a little weak, but unluckily I'll miss the event because I have to attend a birthday party. Anyway, I'd like Denmark, Italy or Portugal to win. I also like France and I used to like Belgium, but the live performance... I'm from Spain, but the candidate this year is one of the worst.

I never like my country's songs (Portugal) because they literally are horrible.

Suzy's was... TRAGIC. But I really like Salvador's and I really hope we win  :creep:

TY 

És português?

Afinal, há mais portugueses aqui do que eu pensava  :smile2:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif