Elle

Music Video Premiere: "Lust for Life (feat. The Weeknd)"

I prefer this over the Honeymoon era MV...

shake it up, throw your hands up and get L O O S E 

Just the fact that Lana slides off the D ( :oopna: ) from a height and appears ghostly after with the Hollywood sign nowhere insight in a bright lush field, possibly suggesting they are in heaven

My thoughts!!  :defeated:

That's why it's so amazing. And it's actually irony, considering name of the song is "Lust For Life" 

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

I'm expecting a flock of nude mass 'dancing at the age edge H of the Hollywood sign' at prob July 4th 2017. :creep:

On my last view of the teaser video, I noticed how 4k-current-technology-crisp the video was, and with this one,  the softness of this presumably artificial low-tech vid is strangely inviting. The Weekend existence in this video or song is... *shrugs*.

The scene of 'Lana sliding down the D' is oddly satisfying as well.

Yes, it's a peace sign, but naturally my mind went:

72c07773d10a425df294fa0e9643b1af.jpg

gdi brain!

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

My thoughts!!  :defeated:

That's why it's so amazing. And it's actually irony, considering name of the song is "Lust For Life" 

Exactly! Thats partly why I'd be surprised if it was actually suicide because it doesn't really fit the whole theme???

But either way I love it, and maybe thats the way it was meant to be - just open to interpretation like many of her videos  :flutter:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Love how it begins where Love video ends, cohesive queen :flutter:

OMG you're right!!

When @californianfreak said the rest is her imagination, I wanted to add that maybe "Love" is everything that's happening in her head (while talking to her fans, while on stage etc), and then camera zooms out of her eye leading us back to reality

I really can't decide if it was meant to be suicide or not - there are good arguments for both sides.

I'm wondering if it was all Lana's imagination while she was performing at the beginning, because thats the only bit she is clear and not edited like a ghost?

She probably just wanted for us to understand the "shut up-shut up" & "do it, do it" Shangri-Las type of vibe I wouldn't say it was relevant to the plot

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I posted this in the pre release thread but I'm posting again because they're going to forget about the video in the next two hours tbh

The sliding off the Hollywood sign part got me a little disturbed tbh and it seemed a little odd that Lana would give Lust For Life a suicide theme, specially after saying over and over again she's in a happy place now, that this is an album for the fans, that this is supposed to give a hopeful message to the world, specially after releasing Love (and its video) and Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind so,

I think that at first it seems like they suicide and end up in the flower camp, but I think the "I told you twice in our love letter, there's no stopping now, green lights forever" is about that nothing can stop the both of them, not even death, because their Lust For Life is so strong and big it keeps them alive   :teehee:

I think the message is that even when you feel like when you're going down in to the abyss and ending it all 

RiO7ijv.gif

if you have Lust For Life you can make it through into a better world 

S7yPfAU.gif

and of course, the peace sign 

1jrH42b.gif

Beautiful video

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

OMG you're right!!

When @californianfreak said the rest is her imagination, I wanted to add that maybe "Love" is everything that's happening in her head (while talking to her fans, while on stage etc), and then camera zooms out of her eye leading us back to reality

OHMYGOD YES I LOVE THIS THEORY

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Just the fact that Lana slides off the D ( :oopna: ) from a height and appears ghostly after with the Hollywood sign nowhere insight in a bright lush field, possibly suggesting they are in heaven

Possible, but an actual suicide would be contradicting the title "Lust for Life"

she slid down the D of the hollywood sign... lel 

also this video was so boring and then suicide??? lol i rlly wish she had jumped off the sign into space and floated around the stars.

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

And maybe there will be a continuation of the video. LFL starts right after the Love MV, so maybe more of the story will be uncovered in the next video.

Next video si for CWIMM, song is political (?) and at the end there's a peace sign  :hdu:

Nobody cares. Go away.

Let's just say it ended Ashley Frangipanned.

You seem to care since you ALWAYS have to reply to what I post. If you really would mind that much, you'd put me on ignore but you chose to constantly insult me for my opinions. Petty.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!