Say Yes to Heaven

Tomorrow Never Came (ft. Sean Ono Lennon)

Anybody else get a sort of date rapey vibe from these lines, in a sort of "Baby, It's Cold Outside" kind of way?

You might want to read this on "Baby, It's Cold Outside"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155669524230549&set=pcb.10155669524325549&type=3&theater

23843236_10155669524230549_522229133534424067905_10155669524235549_284806103349823843407_10155669524240549_2128300745175

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Always loved this one and funny how today I finally connected the lines "You said You'd love me like no tomorrow \ I guess tomorrow never came" I MEAN SHE'S LOVED FOREVER THEN I ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS WAS A SAD QUOTE

Also hoping for that demo leak right now cuz that was stuck in my head

Always loved this one and funny how today I finally connected the lines "You said You'd love me like no tomorrow \ I guess tomorrow never came" I MEAN SHE'S LOVED FOREVER THEN I ALWAYS THOUGHT THIS WAS A SAD QUOTE

Also hoping for that demo leak right now cuz that was stuck in my head

I always interpreted these lines as Lana's lover comitting suicide hence tomorrow never came for him

image.png

Bridge (Alternate Version):
And I could put on the radio
To our favorite song
Lennon and Yoko
I guess those days are gone
Baby, you have to forget
And I have to move on

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I guess the demo-acapella lyrics are neutral on this (?), but the low-hanging-fruit interpretation for this song has, for me at least, always been a John-Lennon mourning song, where Sean represents John's family and Lana represents John's fans. So I've always wanted the presented lyric -- where she breaks the 4th wall -- to be "Isn't life *strong* I said, now that I'm singing with Sean",  which  forces that interpretation quite a bit. However, I've also noticed that she doesn't like to force interpretations all that much, or perhaps likes having a trashy/obvious interpretation occluding a more profound/unexpected one (e.g., the songs Religion and Ultraviolence). #impOfPerverse or #queenOfFreeWill

Such a fucking tearjerker. I love how evocative it is- it reads like a sepia tinted film. Look after the person you love.

I visualized Tittenhurst Park when she mentioned a country house & the chorus brought this photo session of John & Yoko to mind:s896377862534486940_p792_i121_w500.jpegadbb30b1f327b6a6e357eff7ff46c388.jpg

This is the second time Lana has mentioned Lay Lady Lay- the first being Religion. It's so interesting how many references may be/are in this song:

"Tiny Dancer" - Elton John

"Lay Lady Lay" - Bob Dylan

"Ask Me Why" - The Beatles

Even the title could be a love letter to "Tomorrow Never Comes" by Elvis, "Tomorrow Never Knows" by The Beatles, or "Tomorrow May Never Come" by Yoko.

The song is actually the melody from Something by The Beatles which I find really cool. You can literally sing it to her instrumental

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

​@hyroponicWeeds

Elton is Sean's Godfather

Lucy in the sky can be heard instantly after Lana sings "now that I'm singing with Sean"

and I always pictured Central Park as the location and always pictured the song is about John.

If Something can vaguely be heard in the song, that would be interesting, in that it is was totally written by George Harrison

I also envision the song to be like George's "Back when we was fab" and "All those years ago", and Elton's Empty Garden.

Which I consider being the best of John's contemporaries tributes to John. Interesting too would be if John had been alive,

would he have considered being in the Wilbury's (instead of Tom Petty who always seemed like he didn't really belong in the Wilburys)

and of course John co-wrote "Fame" for David Bowie

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I honestly think this song was inspired by The Age of Adeline. The story is so similar.

The guy sits on a park bench and is going to propose to Adeline but she sees and decides to stand him up and he thinks that she never came.

Wow I didn't think of this but it actually fits so well!

I wouldn't be surprised since she reworked Beautiful People initially from Big Eyes

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

I could keep waiting for you

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

A good 50% of the time I listen to this song, the last chorus makes me cry. The lyrics just hit me so hard, especially

"you said you'd love me like no tomorrow

guess tomorrow never came"

negAbhB.png

I love this song

8LQ1.gif

one of her best songs wbk

The last 4 songs on LFL are all some of her best tbh

8LQ1.gif