Can I get a fuckin' hallelujah?

Looking at me like a magazine

Sippin' on ya like a coca-cola

The code has been cracked, all we needed to do was find out the Cherry BGV to unlock Yosemite

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I JUST FIGURED OUT CHERRY BGV

The code has been cracked, all we needed to do was find out the Cherry BGV to unlock Yosemite

Omg?

image.png

OMFG FINALLLLYYYYYYY

I can’t believe it took us this long!!!

... that took us like 8 months LMAO

So you're sayyestoheaven i had no idea

Great job on this i was still hearing shit like 'sitting on ya like a leopard skin'

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

I know this is super inconsequential (like most things on this site c'mon) but are we sure she's saying black beaches and not black beeches. I say this only because the song has so many other botanical references (and because I'm bored obviously)

Or maybe even black breeches because she's so in love with her damn leggings

White lines and black beaches

And all my black beaches

It took 13 beaches

I think it's clear that black beaches were a motif for this album, so yes, we are sure that she says beaches 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

Beaches are always a theme in Lana music, i don't think that disproves anything.

You're stating summer bummer lyrics like they're fact, have they been written down anywhere to confirm black beaches? I'd like to see it, she may have on Instagram maybe but not that I've seen

I know how anti speculation Lana fans like to be and how ferociously they'll defend their ideas of her (why I often won't bother posting speculations on the forum), I just find black beaches a weird metaphor. But in a song with a lot of botany imagery, that also discusses a garden being burned, in my mind black beeches fit.

I also enjoy looking at Lana's recurring lyrical themes collectively, so I'd be interested to know if it's yes another beach reference or her fawning over her beloved trees again like in 'underneath the pines'.

I'd say I wished she'd included a lyric book this era but they were always wrong before so I get why she didn't bother

Anyway don't mind me, I know the responses will be 'it's obviously beaches'. I just wish we got a little more information about each song to clear this shit up.

Beaches are always a theme in Lana music, i don't think that disproves anything.

You're stating summer bummer lyrics like they're fact, have they been written down anywhere to confirm black beaches? I'd like to see it, she may have on Instagram maybe but not that I've seen

I know how anti speculation Lana fans like to be and how ferociously they'll defend their ideas of her (why I often won't bother posting speculations on the forum), I just find black beaches a weird metaphor. But in a song with a lot of botany imagery, that also discusses a garden being burned, in my mind black beeches fit.

I also enjoy looking at Lana's recurring lyrical themes collectively, so I'd be interested to know if it's yes another beach reference or her fawning over her beloved trees again like in 'underneath the pines'.

I was wondering the same thing! I've been looking for clues in the lyrics of Scarborough Fair (as she said that it was her inspiration for Cherry), but I haven't found any significance yet as to the "black beaches" thing...

I'm also not entirely convinced about the muffled background vocals yet, especially the "Sipping on ya like a Coca Cola" part.