graham4anything

Lana Del Rey Born to Die Billboard Chart Immortality

I still can't believe the huge impact of Born To Die. It's a damn master-piece and we all know it, but third most weeks charting for a female album in MUSIC HISTORY. That's fucking huge! I'm glad that she'll be remembered in the future as the legend she is

Updated to include the brand new July 1, 2017 chart

Lana has her 280th week on the Billboard 200 Chart

and also is on the Rock song charts this week with both Love (in it's 16th week), and Lust for Life (in its 9th week)

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Born to Die recently passed up Taylor Swift's self titled, making it the third longest charting album by any female artist ever. In first is 21 by Adele (330+ weeks) and Tapestry by Carole King is second. Tapestry fell off the charts at 318 weeks, Born to Die is at 280 so it will probably pass her up in about 40 weeks, making it the second longest charting album in the US by a female after Adele's 21! Legends only

everytime somebody says Lana has never had impact people show them this (also the fact that her and select others were the trendsetters and gateway for new age alt girls (lorde, halsey, melanie; looking at you fuckers) . Shows you dont need to take home 18 grammies in order to have true control and reign over music as a whole.

Born to Die recently passed up Taylor Swift's self titled, making it the third longest charting album by any female artist ever. In first is 21 by Adele (330+ weeks) and Tapestry by Carole King is second. Tapestry fell off the charts at 318 weeks, Born to Die is at 280 so it will probably pass her up in about 40 weeks, making it the second longest charting album in the US by a female after Adele's 21! Legends only

I'm so proud of her :krylie: Even though I became a fan a couple of weeks after BTD was released I wish I had heard about her earlier when she had her Video Games breakthrough so I could've followed her all the way to this day and see her progress ever since the beginning. I'm happy to have been along as long as I have though :krylie:

Just edited to include the Billboard dated July 8, 2017 chart

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Just updated the original post to include the July 15, 2017 chart where Lana now has 282 weeks on the chart.

Thread updated July 15, 2017, to include the  Billboard chart dated the week of July 22, 2017 chart,

Lana's Born to Die now has 283 weeks on the chart.

This week jumped back up to #127

This thread has been belatedly (should have done it this past Wed.), now updated to include the

Billboard Top 200 Album chart as of

chart week of July 29, 2017

almost 300 weeks yet no x2 platinum certification. I call FRAUD on this one. fuck RIAA, they never recognize miss Lana's sales

giphy.gif

Updated to include the August 5, 2017 chart  (released today July25)

285 Weeks for Born to Die on Billboard's official Top 200.

on next weeks chart Lust for Life will debut.

on this weeks Billboard Rock charts

Lust for Life spends its 14 week and

Love now has 19th week on the chart

updated to include the  delayed August 12, 2017 chart where Lana debuted at #1 in US and UK and elsewhere for Lust for life

and Born to Die moves back into the Top 100 of the Top 200 also.

Now 286 weeks on the Top 200