#141 OFFLINE   subversive light

subversive light

fuckin doggo is all i am and fuck you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
  • Time Online: 14d 10h 37m 48s

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:47 PM

"White Mustang" Lyrics Examination: Read Between the Lines.

Presented by @Lad .

Packin' all my things for the summer

In the opening line of the song, Del Rey describes a scenario. She's going on vacation somewhere (not specified in the track). Presumably, the sultry singer is packing stuff like condoms and lube.

Lyin' on my bed, it's a bummer
'Cause I didn't call when I got your number
But I liked you a lot

The New York native songwriter explicitly lets us know she's bummed out she didn't hit up one of her (possibly) one-night stands again, because she "liked [him] a lot". Now, this is where things get interesting. Lana (born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant) mentions lying on her bed, alluding to the fact that she got dicked down at that same place, remembering how good that dick was, and getting sad she is most likely not getting it again because she did not call him when she got his number.

Slippin' on my dress in soft filters

Most likely, Del Rey (aged 32) got around to sexting that guy, possibly on Instagram Direct (mentions of filters).

Everybody said you're a killer

Lanas has heard around that the guy had a killer dick. She still proceeded to perform intercourse with the subject.

But I couldn't stop the way I was feelin'
The day your record dropped

Again, the "Cola" singer points out how even though she knew what to expect (see previous line), the feeling and desire was bigger.

The day I saw your white Mustang
Your white Mustang
Your white Mustang

Perhaps the easiest lyrics to understand, Lana uses the word "mustang" as an euphemism for "big dick". You may be asking yourself how I came to that conclusion, and how did Lana got around to think of such a perfect way to hide the real meaning of this piece? Well, a mustang is a horse breed. Horses have big dicks.

Caught up in my dreams and forgettin'
I've been actin' like armageddon 'cause you
Held me in your arms just a little too tight
That's what I thought

These lines may allude to the singer (pictured above) getting kind of a mad feeling with the guy's dick size, thus acting like the armageddon (the term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario) because the dick was so big it made things "a little too tight" for the singer.

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Summer's meant for lovin' and leavin'
I was such a fool for believin' that you
Could change all the ways you've been livin'
But you just couldn't stop

Del Rey suspected the guy was a douchebag, and thought maybe she could make him change, but realized that wasn't gonna be possible. This same theme will be touched later on on the track.

Your white Mustang
Your white Mustang

Already explained.

You're revvin' and revvin' and revvin' it up

He was getting hard.

And the sound, it was frightenin'

Del Rey (aged 32) started to realize how big the dick was, and how that was gonna be perhaps a risky experience.

And you were gettin' up all of that

Pretty self-explanatory. The "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" chanteuse wasn't subtle in this line. She's been subtle enough in the rest of the song.

You're gonna hit me like lightnin'

Do I have to explain this one?

White Mustang
Your white Mustang
Said you're a wild mustang

Now, keeping in mind "mustang" = "big dick", Lana Del Rey finishes the song pointing out that when she saw his white big dick, she got around to think and realize that the guy was a fucking prick. An idiot. A dick. So he ain't worth her time. This empowering final line confirms that Lana wasn't wrong when she didn't hit up the guy again (see first verse). He just had a big dick, but nothing else. Keep in mind she mentioned how this song, and the one preceding it in the tracklist ("Cherry") had an angry tone. As a conclusion, yes she's angry the guy turned out to be utter trash, but it still was a good fuck,

Spoiler

THIS IS AMAZING LMAOOOOOO I LOVE YOU

but yeah, the song is about it tho  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

• Lad, HollywoodHills and BLURRYFACE like this

I don't belong to the world, that's what it is / Something separates me from other people / Everywhere I turn, there's something blocking my escape

#142 OFFLINE   expandableclitoris

expandableclitoris

1) go to my profile page

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts
  • Time Online: 39d 16h 53m 6s

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

said you're a wild mustang 2.gif

#143 OFFLINE   LAman

LAman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 947 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Fan Since:2012
  • Time Online: 42d 5h 13m 11s

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:07 AM

I relate to Lad's explanation. I got some great dick this summer but the guy ghosted me afterwards. Long story short, i miss that white mustang  :poordat:

• Lad, HollywoodHills and BLURRYFACE like this

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

#144 OFFLINE   Say Yes to Heaven

Say Yes to Heaven

March's For The Nuns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,891 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico on Route 66
  • Fan Since:2013
  • Time Online: 196d 5h 58m 8s

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:17 AM

OMG I love you

And it makes sense with In My Feelings too, because it'sl ike G-eazy was a good fuck but besides that he was a loser

Fantastic interpretation, now I love the song even more

omg "I'm crying while i'm cumming" The dick really is too big  :defeated:

• HollywoodHills likes this

amfAR_s_21st_Cinema_Against_AIDS_Gala_du

#145 OFFLINE   Wynwood

Wynwood

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Locationwoodstock
  • Fan Since:1969
  • Time Online: 90d 6h 17m 33s

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

Presented by @Lad .

In the opening line of the song, Del Rey describes a scenario. She's going on vacation somewhere (not specified in the track). Presumably, the sultry singer is packing stuff like condoms and lube.

But I liked you a lot

The New York native songwriter explicitly lets us know she's bummed out she didn't hit up one of her (possibly) one-night stands again, because she "liked [him] a lot". Now, this is where things get interesting. Lana (born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant) mentions lying on her bed, alluding to the fact that she got dicked down at that same place, remembering how good that dick was, and getting sad she is most likely not getting it again because she did not call him when she got his number.

Most likely, Del Rey (aged 32) got around to sexting that guy, possibly on Instagram Direct (mentions of filters).

Lanas has heard around that the guy had a killer dick. She still proceeded to perform intercourse with the subject.

Again, the "Cola" singer points out how even though she knew what to expect (see previous line), the feeling and desire was bigger.

Your white Mustang
Your white Mustang

Perhaps the easiest lyrics to understand, Lana uses the word "mustang" as an euphemism for "big dick". You may be asking yourself how I came to that conclusion, and how did Lana got around to think of such a perfect way to hide the real meaning of this piece? Well, a mustang is a horse breed. Horses have big dicks.

That's what I thought

These lines may allude to the singer (pictured above) getting kind of a mad feeling with the guy's dick size, thus acting like the armageddon (the term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario) because the dick was so big it made things "a little too tight" for the singer.

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Del Rey suspected the guy was a douchebag, and thought maybe she could make him change, but realized that wasn't gonna be possible. This same theme will be touched later on on the track.

Your white Mustang
Your white Mustang

Already explained.

He was getting hard.

Del Rey (aged 32) started to realize how big the dick was, and how that was gonna be perhaps a risky experience.

Pretty self-explanatory. The "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" chanteuse wasn't subtle in this line. She's been subtle enough in the rest of the song.

White Mustang
Your white Mustang

Now, keeping in mind "mustang" = "big dick", Lana Del Rey finishes the song pointing out that when she saw his white big dick, she got around to think and realize that the guy was a fucking prick. An idiot. A dick. So he ain't worth her time. This empowering final line confirms that Lana wasn't wrong when she didn't hit up the guy again (see first verse). He just had a big dick, but nothing else. Keep in mind she mentioned how this song, and the one preceding it in the tracklist ("Cherry") had an angry tone. As a conclusion, yes she's angry the guy turned out to be utter trash, but it still was a good fuck,

Spoiler

ok but why aren't you working for the guardian and interviewing lana?

• Lad, AphroditeBaby, DAMN and 1 other like this

#146 OFFLINE   Lad

Lad

Resistance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
  • Fan Since:November 2011
  • Time Online: 223d 20h 8m 51s

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:14 AM

omg "I'm crying while i'm cumming" The dick really is too big  :defeated:

After all Lana said Lust for Life is a concept album. I have a theory about Change coming out soon. x
  • AphroditeBaby, Wynwood, sparklrtrailrheaven and 1 other like this

#147 OFFLINE   BLURRYFACE

BLURRYFACE

Ethereal Mötley

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
  • Location🇵🇭
  • Time Online: 52d 13h 40m 39s

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:35 AM

Presented by @Lad .

But I liked you a lot

Your white Mustang
Your white Mustang

That's what I thought

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Your white Mustang
Your white Mustang

Already explained.

He was getting hard.

White Mustang
Your white Mustang

Spoiler

SCREAMING  :teehee:

ONLY ACTING

#148 OFFLINE   Creyk

Creyk

Lana is better than you fav

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,181 posts
  • LocationNY
  • Time Online: 74d 6h 56m 43s

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:13 PM

After all Lana said Lust for Life is a concept album. I have a theory about Change coming out soon. x

Oh god, I can't wait

tenor.gif?itemid=5084101

#149 OFFLINE   Lad

Lad

Resistance

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts
  • Fan Since:November 2011
  • Time Online: 223d 20h 8m 51s

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:00 AM

Lana confirmed this song was about G-Eazy, thus being about his dick, with this by the way:

https://twitter.com/...238539458936832

#150 OFFLINE   13th bitch

13th bitch

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Fan Since:i've realized im gay
  • Time Online: 53d 3h 30m 16s

Posted 27 March 2018 - 07:11 PM

waiting for a fanmade studio version with the intro from the last show

tenor.gif?itemid=5674080

someone skinny better come through

• Enco and #JusticeForYosemite like this

vm5mGM8.jpg

#151 OFFLINE   13th bitch

13th bitch

Adrian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Fan Since:i've realized im gay
  • Time Online: 53d 3h 30m 16s

Posted 30 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

waiting for a fanmade studio version with the intro from the last show

someone skinny better come through

ok, no one skinny came through yet so i've made a fanmade studio version with both of intros mixed up myself,

hope you like it xx http://picosong.com/weFnr/

tumblr_p696wvZMc51snn83co1_400.gif

• WhiteHydrangea likes this

vm5mGM8.jpg

#152 OFFLINE   WhiteHydrangea

WhiteHydrangea

The Youngest Of Rainbows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Locationdon't feel like saying anything sassy/sexual/etc
  • Time Online: 99d 11h 21m 50s

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:25 AM

ok, no one skinny came through yet so i've made a fanmade studio version with both of intros mixed up myself,

hope you like it xx http://picosong.com/weFnr/

The song is about dick indeed...

i said hold it up,

hold it up

hold it up, baby, for me.

shake it up, shake it up,

if you wait a minute, I'll be back,

coming in your white mustang

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#153 OFFLINE   ivy

ivy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Time Online: 29d 16h 17m 16s

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:33 AM

We've cracked the code for this music video! We already talked about this in the LDR6 Pre-Pre-Release thread, but I don't want it to get lost there (and also because it was off-topic), so that's why I'm adding my analysis to this thread (with receipts!)

The scenes shot with Rich Lee were probably not intended to be for WM, but they were for both BAR AND Yosemite. Why? Because...

- White Mustang (the song) wasn't recorded at the time the music video was shot (hence her not singing in the video). Also, she said that she wrote Cherry and White Mustang at the end of writing Lust for Life in this interview;

- There seems to be a match between the unfamiliar melody Lana hummed in this behind the scenes video and the few lines of Yosemite she sang at her LFL listening party (especially the 'adlibby' way she sings "reasons");

- In the same behind the scenes video, Lana was asked by someone if she wanted to do the "other song" to which she responds "yes", which means that they were shooting scenes for at least two songs;

- Lana herself had said that BAR and Yosemite were like yin and yang in the same interview posted above.

I think we could've gotten an amazing cohesive narrative in terms of just these two songs with amazing visuals. That's why I think it's so unfortunate that BAR leaked and that we can't see the rest of what Lana had in mind for the narrative that is BAR-Yosemite.

I had never really cared for Yosemite, but now I do. I really wish to read the lyrics of Yosemite someday so we could further analyse why it would be the yin to BAR's yang. We already know that there is somewhat of a repetition of the lines "you did it (all for fame)" in BAR and "we did it for fun, we did it for free" in Yosemite.

And we also know about the setting of BAR-Yosemite: "from Topanga to further up north" (from the same interview posted above). Does anyone know if the 405 she drives through is the route from Topanga to Yosemite?

PS. The links to the videos directly skip to the right parts of what was said exactly.

• 99centlips, PhosphorescenT, IanadeIrey and 2 others like this

#154 OFFLINE   99centlips

99centlips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationSac
  • Time Online: 34d 23h 44m 18s

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:31 PM

We've cracked the code for this music video! We already talked about this in the LDR6 Pre-Pre-Release thread, but I don't want it to get lost there (and also because it was off-topic), so that's why I'm adding my analysis to this thread (with receipts!)

The scenes shot with Rich Lee were probably not intended to be for WM, but they were for both BAR AND Yosemite. Why? Because...
- White Mustang (the song) wasn't recorded at the time the music video was shot (hence her not singing in the video). Also, she said that she wrote Cherry and White Mustang at the end of writing Lust for Life in this interview;
- There seems to be a match between the unfamiliar melody Lana hummed in this behind the scenes video and the few lines of Yosemite she sang at her LFL listening party (especially the 'adlibby' way she sings "reasons");
- In the same behind the scenes video, Lana was asked by someone if she wanted to do the "other song" to which she responds "yes", which means that they were shooting scenes for at least two songs;
- Lana herself had said that BAR and Yosemite were like yin and yang in the same interview posted above.

I think we could've gotten an amazing cohesive narrative in terms of just these two songs with amazing visuals. That's why I think it's so unfortunate that BAR leaked and that we can't see the rest of what Lana had in mind for the narrative that is BAR-Yosemite.

I had never really cared for Yosemite, but now I do. I really wish to read the lyrics of Yosemite someday so we could further analyse why it would be the yin to BAR's yang. We already know that there is somewhat of a repetition of the lines "you did it (all for fame)" in BAR and "we did it for fun, we did it for free" in Yosemite.

And we also know about the setting of BAR-Yosemite: "from Topanga to further up north" (from the same interview posted above). Does anyone know if the 405 she drives through is the route from Topanga to Yosemite?

PS. The links to the videos directly skip to the right parts of what was said exactly.

I always thought it was funny/odd in the radio interview when the guy brought up Architecture and she said “that’s another song I always talked about” because she never did. Wonder why she thought she did or lied?
  • DAMN, ivy, WildMustang and 1 other like this

#155 OFFLINE   ivy

ivy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Time Online: 29d 16h 17m 16s

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:21 PM

I always thought it was funny/odd in the radio interview when the guy brought up Architecture and she said “that’s another song I always talked about” because she never did. Wonder why she thought she did or lied?

Right? Haha

Maybe she always talked about these songs with the people around her? Like, not in the media? Idk

• DAMN, 99centlips and UltraHeroin like this

#156 OFFLINE   HANGINGFROOT

HANGINGFROOT

galactic prince

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 719 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Fan Since:the 19th century
  • Time Online: 21d 7h 6m 50s

Posted 13 April 2018 - 12:39 AM

- There seems to be a match between the unfamiliar melody Lana hummed in this behind the scenes video and the few lines of Yosemite she sang at her LFL listening party (especially the 'adlibby' way she sings "reasons");

wow, if BAR hadn't leaked we would've got an amazing video with great storyline ☹️ Instead we got WM and... that video.

• DAMN and ivy like this

QM3x4Eq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users