Elle

White Mustang

"White Mustang" Lyrics Examination: Read Between the Lines.

Presented by @@Lad .

Packin' all my things for the summer

In the opening line of the song, Del Rey describes a scenario. She's going on vacation somewhere (not specified in the track). Presumably, the sultry singer is packing stuff like condoms and lube.

Lyin' on my bed, it's a bummer

'Cause I didn't call when I got your number

But I liked you a lot

The New York native songwriter explicitly lets us know she's bummed out she didn't hit up one of her (possibly) one-night stands again, because she "liked [him] a lot". Now, this is where things get interesting. Lana (born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant) mentions lying on her bed, alluding to the fact that she got dicked down at that same place, remembering how good that dick was, and getting sad she is most likely not getting it again because she did not call him when she got his number.

Slippin' on my dress in soft filters

Most likely, Del Rey (aged 32) got around to sexting that guy, possibly on Instagram Direct (mentions of filters).

Everybody said you're a killer

Lanas has heard around that the guy had a killer dick. She still proceeded to perform intercourse with the subject.

But I couldn't stop the way I was feelin'

The day your record dropped

Again, the "Cola" singer points out how even though she knew what to expect (see previous line), the feeling and desire was bigger.

The day I saw your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Perhaps the easiest lyrics to understand, Lana uses the word "mustang" as an euphemism for "big dick". You may be asking yourself how I came to that conclusion, and how did Lana got around to think of such a perfect way to hide the real meaning of this piece? Well, a mustang is a horse breed. Horses have big dicks.

Caught up in my dreams and forgettin'

I've been actin' like armageddon 'cause you

Held me in your arms just a little too tight

That's what I thought

These lines may allude to the singer (pictured above) getting kind of a mad feeling with the guy's dick size, thus acting like the armageddon (the term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario) because the dick was so big it made things "a little too tight" for the singer.

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Summer's meant for lovin' and leavin'

I was such a fool for believin' that you

Could change all the ways you've been livin'

But you just couldn't stop

Del Rey suspected the guy was a douchebag, and thought maybe she could make him change, but realized that wasn't gonna be possible. This same theme will be touched later on on the track.

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Already explained.

You're revvin' and revvin' and revvin' it up

He was getting hard.

And the sound, it was frightenin'

Del Rey (aged 32) started to realize how big the dick was, and how that was gonna be perhaps a risky experience.

And you were gettin' up all of that

Pretty self-explanatory. The "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" chanteuse wasn't subtle in this line. She's been subtle enough in the rest of the song.

You're gonna hit me like lightnin'

Do I have to explain this one?

White Mustang

Your white Mustang

Said you're a wild mustang

Now, keeping in mind "mustang" = "big dick", Lana Del Rey finishes the song pointing out that when she saw his white big dick, she got around to think and realize that the guy was a fucking prick. An idiot. A dick. So he ain't worth her time. This empowering final line confirms that Lana wasn't wrong when she didn't hit up the guy again (see first verse). He just had a big dick, but nothing else. Keep in mind she mentioned how this song, and the one preceding it in the tracklist ("Cherry") had an angry tone. As a conclusion, yes she's angry the guy turned out to be utter trash, but it still was a good fuck,

i hope you all know im not serious, but the song IS about this though that's just a fact. :oprah3:

THIS IS AMAZING LMAOOOOOO I LOVE YOU

but yeah, the song is about it tho  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I relate to Lad's explanation. I got some great dick this summer but the guy ghosted me afterwards. Long story short, i miss that white mustang  :poordat:

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

OMG I love you

And it makes sense with In My Feelings too, because it'sl ike G-eazy was a good fuck but besides that he was a loser

Fantastic interpretation, now I love the song even more

omg "I'm crying while i'm cumming" The dick really is too big  :defeated:

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Presented by @@Lad .

In the opening line of the song, Del Rey describes a scenario. She's going on vacation somewhere (not specified in the track). Presumably, the sultry singer is packing stuff like condoms and lube.

But I liked you a lot

The New York native songwriter explicitly lets us know she's bummed out she didn't hit up one of her (possibly) one-night stands again, because she "liked [him] a lot". Now, this is where things get interesting. Lana (born Elizabeth Woolridge Grant) mentions lying on her bed, alluding to the fact that she got dicked down at that same place, remembering how good that dick was, and getting sad she is most likely not getting it again because she did not call him when she got his number.

Most likely, Del Rey (aged 32) got around to sexting that guy, possibly on Instagram Direct (mentions of filters).

Lanas has heard around that the guy had a killer dick. She still proceeded to perform intercourse with the subject.

Again, the "Cola" singer points out how even though she knew what to expect (see previous line), the feeling and desire was bigger.

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Perhaps the easiest lyrics to understand, Lana uses the word "mustang" as an euphemism for "big dick". You may be asking yourself how I came to that conclusion, and how did Lana got around to think of such a perfect way to hide the real meaning of this piece? Well, a mustang is a horse breed. Horses have big dicks.

That's what I thought

These lines may allude to the singer (pictured above) getting kind of a mad feeling with the guy's dick size, thus acting like the armageddon (the term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario) because the dick was so big it made things "a little too tight" for the singer.

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Del Rey suspected the guy was a douchebag, and thought maybe she could make him change, but realized that wasn't gonna be possible. This same theme will be touched later on on the track.

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Already explained.

He was getting hard.

Del Rey (aged 32) started to realize how big the dick was, and how that was gonna be perhaps a risky experience.

Pretty self-explanatory. The "Coachella - Woodstock In My Mind" chanteuse wasn't subtle in this line. She's been subtle enough in the rest of the song.

White Mustang

Your white Mustang

Now, keeping in mind "mustang" = "big dick", Lana Del Rey finishes the song pointing out that when she saw his white big dick, she got around to think and realize that the guy was a fucking prick. An idiot. A dick. So he ain't worth her time. This empowering final line confirms that Lana wasn't wrong when she didn't hit up the guy again (see first verse). He just had a big dick, but nothing else. Keep in mind she mentioned how this song, and the one preceding it in the tracklist ("Cherry") had an angry tone. As a conclusion, yes she's angry the guy turned out to be utter trash, but it still was a good fuck,

i hope you all know im not serious, but the song IS about this though that's just a fact. :oprah3:

ok but why aren't you working for the guardian and interviewing lana?

omg "I'm crying while i'm cumming" The dick really is too big  :defeated:

After all Lana said Lust for Life is a concept album. I have a theory about Change coming out soon. x

Presented by @@Lad .

But I liked you a lot

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

That's what I thought

CcwNoHCB_200x200.jpg

Your white Mustang

Your white Mustang

Already explained.

He was getting hard.

White Mustang

Your white Mustang

SCREAMING  :teehee:

xo

ok, no one skinny came through yet so i've made a fanmade studio version with both of intros mixed up myself,

hope you like it xx http://picosong.com/weFnr/

The song is about dick indeed...

i said hold it up,

hold it up

hold it up, baby, for me.

shake it up, shake it up,

if you wait a minute, I'll be back,

coming in your white mustang

tumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo1_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo2_250.giftumblr_mthwqtumEQ1r7oj7fo4_250.gif

We've cracked the code for this music video! We already talked about this in the LDR6 Pre-Pre-Release thread, but I don't want it to get lost there (and also because it was off-topic), so that's why I'm adding my analysis to this thread (with receipts!)

The scenes shot with Rich Lee were probably not intended to be for WM, but they were for both BAR AND Yosemite. Why? Because...

- White Mustang (the song) wasn't recorded at the time the music video was shot (hence her not singing in the video). Also, she said that she wrote Cherry and White Mustang at the end of writing Lust for Life in this interview;

- There seems to be a match between the unfamiliar melody Lana hummed in this behind the scenes video and the few lines of Yosemite she sang at her LFL listening party (especially the 'adlibby' way she sings "reasons");

- In the same behind the scenes video, Lana was asked by someone if she wanted to do the "other song" to which she responds "yes", which means that they were shooting scenes for at least two songs;

- Lana herself had said that BAR and Yosemite were like yin and yang in the same interview posted above.

I think we could've gotten an amazing cohesive narrative in terms of just these two songs with amazing visuals. That's why I think it's so unfortunate that BAR leaked and that we can't see the rest of what Lana had in mind for the narrative that is BAR-Yosemite.

I had never really cared for Yosemite, but now I do. I really wish to read the lyrics of Yosemite someday so we could further analyse why it would be the yin to BAR's yang. We already know that there is somewhat of a repetition of the lines "you did it (all for fame)" in BAR and "we did it for fun, we did it for free" in Yosemite.

And we also know about the setting of BAR-Yosemite: "from Topanga to further up north" (from the same interview posted above). Does anyone know if the 405 she drives through is the route from Topanga to Yosemite?

PS. The links to the videos directly skip to the right parts of what was said exactly.

We've cracked the code for this music video! We already talked about this in the LDR6 Pre-Pre-Release thread, but I don't want it to get lost there (and also because it was off-topic), so that's why I'm adding my analysis to this thread (with receipts!)

The scenes shot with Rich Lee were probably not intended to be for WM, but they were for both BAR AND Yosemite. Why? Because...

- White Mustang (the song) wasn't recorded at the time the music video was shot (hence her not singing in the video). Also, she said that she wrote Cherry and White Mustang at the end of writing Lust for Life in this interview;

- There seems to be a match between the unfamiliar melody Lana hummed in this behind the scenes video and the few lines of Yosemite she sang at her LFL listening party (especially the 'adlibby' way she sings "reasons");

- In the same behind the scenes video, Lana was asked by someone if she wanted to do the "other song" to which she responds "yes", which means that they were shooting scenes for at least two songs;

- Lana herself had said that BAR and Yosemite were like yin and yang in the same interview posted above.

I think we could've gotten an amazing cohesive narrative in terms of just these two songs with amazing visuals. That's why I think it's so unfortunate that BAR leaked and that we can't see the rest of what Lana had in mind for the narrative that is BAR-Yosemite.

I had never really cared for Yosemite, but now I do. I really wish to read the lyrics of Yosemite someday so we could further analyse why it would be the yin to BAR's yang. We already know that there is somewhat of a repetition of the lines "you did it (all for fame)" in BAR and "we did it for fun, we did it for free" in Yosemite.

And we also know about the setting of BAR-Yosemite: "from Topanga to further up north" (from the same interview posted above). Does anyone know if the 405 she drives through is the route from Topanga to Yosemite?

PS. The links to the videos directly skip to the right parts of what was said exactly.

I always thought it was funny/odd in the radio interview when the guy brought up Architecture and she said “that’s another song I always talked about” because she never did. Wonder why she thought she did or lied?

I always thought it was funny/odd in the radio interview when the guy brought up Architecture and she said “that’s another song I always talked about” because she never did. Wonder why she thought she did or lied?

Right? Haha

Maybe she always talked about these songs with the people around her? Like, not in the media? Idk

- There seems to be a match between the unfamiliar melody Lana hummed in this behind the scenes video and the few lines of Yosemite she sang at her LFL listening party (especially the 'adlibby' way she sings "reasons");

wow, if BAR hadn't leaked we would've got an amazing video with great storyline ☹️ Instead we got WM and... that video.

I still don't believe that this song could be about G Eazy

It’s not. He didn’t have an album come out during her writing for this album, so right away it takes him out of the equation. That specific detail always led me to believe it was about Barrie, but it could even be someone we don’t know about. People only think it’s about G-Eazy because she dissed him during it live once, but she does that with lots of people and songs that aren’t connected.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

It’s not. He didn’t have an album come out during her writing for this album, so right away it takes him out of the equation. That specific detail always led me to believe it was about Barrie, but it could even be someone we don’t know about. People only think it’s about G-Eazy because she dissed him during it live once, but she does that with lots of people and songs that aren’t connected.

This. The only G Easy song on LFL is IMF