cherriesinthespring

Stevie Nicks

Stevie has a new song that will be in a movie, it's her first solo song since 2014. I just found this and I'm not able to listen to it but the song is in this link. Lana is also mentioned in the article :) https://www.google.com/amp/pitchfork.com/news/listen-to-stevie-nicks-new-song-your-hand-i-will-never-let-it-go/amp/

LIZARD PEOPLE

There was some discussion on the status updates that I found really interesting, we should bring it here. I only started really listening to Stevie's solo stuff at the beginning of last year and there are so many gems.

Listening to the Buckingham nicks coffee plant demos made me listen to Fleetwood Mac's Mirage album all the way through last year (I had only known Gypsy - one of my favourite songs ever from it) because one of the finished demos - That's Alright is on there. And That's Alright became my most played song last year with 254 plays. THIS SONG. Gets stuck in my head constantly. I seriously think it is the most beautiful melody in any song ever. The way the song flows and the lyrics. SHIT!!

I believe that I know you, but we've been a long time and now I've got to show you that I never did believe in time changing anybody's mind

has to be one of the best lines ever. It's heartbreaking. And since Stevie/FM have never performed it live, the fact this video exists is fucking amazing. I have lost count of the amount of times I have watched this. The way she harmonises with herself is insane. She is such a legend.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Tbh I didn’t even know there was a Stevie Nicks thread til now (I only knew about the Fleetwood Mac one). Just the other day I received an unofficial FM fan club vinyl full of mostly just Stevie’s demos (including lots of the coffee plant demos and a nice 14min demo of Storms). The vinyl is called Almanac and started circulating in 1978 (I wonder how Stevie’s fans reacted to the much shorter version of Storms the following year if they had this). Anyway, after I received it, I took pics of my updated Stevie collection and I think I’ll post them here bc why not, I’m weirdly proud lol.

546-C1-B54-22-C9-4-BEB-830-E-11-FC126-C8A86-BD411-AAAA-45-AF-BECF-502-BBAF58-C0-

0-BBDE52-E-B1-B7-475-D-AF74-0-E6-B9-E6395-B3-E3-D00-12-E4-41-E6-AE9-C-C467773-B3

I’m still hoping to eventually acquire the three different “Uncirculated Rumours” vinyls full of Stevie demos that circulated in 1980s. All three are on eBay right now (and the second rarely is) but it’s not my time to have them yet.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Tbh I didn’t even know there was a Stevie Nicks thread til now (I only knew about the Fleetwood Mac one). Just the other day I received an unofficial FM fan club vinyl full of mostly just Stevie’s demos (including lots of the coffee plant demos and a nice 14min demo of Storms). The vinyl is called Almanac and started circulating in 1978 (I wonder how Stevie’s fans reacted to the much shorter version of Storms the following year if they had this). Anyway, after I received it, I took pics of my updated Stevie collection and I think I’ll post them here bc why not, I’m weirdly proud lol.

546-C1-B54-22-C9-4-BEB-830-E-11-FC126-C8A86-BD411-AAAA-45-AF-BECF-502-BBAF58-C0-

0-BBDE52-E-B1-B7-475-D-AF74-0-E6-B9-E6395-B3-E3-D00-12-E4-41-E6-AE9-C-C467773-B3

I’m still hoping to eventually acquire the three different “Uncirculated Rumours” vinyls full of Stevie demos that circulated in 1980s. All three are on eBay right now (and the second rarely is) but it’s not my time to have them yet.

It's so interesting to think about demos circulating before the internet lol. This would have been Lana's fate if she were active in the 70s

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

It's so interesting to think about demos circulating before the internet lol. This would have been Lana's fate if she were active in the 70s

I think Stevie has an unusually large amount of demos that have circulated, in comparison to other artists at the time — I know I read an interview with Stevie about the 24 Karat Gold album, where she said she didn’t even remember/know some of those demos were circulating until her assistant pulled them up on YouTube to show her! It reminds me so much of Lana’s unreleased situation, and I can’t help but imagine that the two of them might’ve discussed it.

Here’s one of my absolute favorite Stevie demos — it’s totally supplanted the released version for me:

https://youtu.be/uyuo-_0A0y0

o4qjp4j.png

Tbh when Stevie talks about the stolen demo tapes (those would be where the coffee plant demos came from), it reminds me of Lana’s email being hacked and all the songs leaking. At least lots of Stevie’s 80s demos are floating around because she’s a little too generous giving out songs if people simply enjoy them. But it’s weird to think there’s so many Stevie Nicks demo vinyls out there that someone must’ve somehow pressed back then. It seems like so much more work. Although apparently the 3 in the 80s were sold in the back of rock magazines so that would’ve at least been convenient when looking for unreleased music. I’ve heard Abba had lots of unofficial vinyls of demos and live songs circulating back in the day too. But yeah it’s so weird thinking about songs leaking and spreading before the internet.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I think Stevie has an unusually large amount of demos that have circulated, in comparison to other artists at the time — I know I read an interview with Stevie about the 24 Karat Gold album, where she said she didn’t even remember/know some of those demos were circulating until her assistant pulled them up on YouTube to show her! It reminds me so much of Lana’s unreleased situation, and I can’t help but imagine that the two of them might’ve discussed it.

Here’s one of my absolute favorite Stevie demos — it’s totally supplanted the released version for me:

This is so good and her voice is so much more delicate than the album version!! The first time I have heard it. There is just so much material it is intimidating 

Stevie's music is just incredible. The most beautiful tunes, melodies and lyrics I've ever heard. And her voice... There are literally no words for me to describe how much I love her and her music. The number of times I've cried to Sara, Beautiful Child, Landslide etc etc. She's just pure magic! And her music catalogue is just endless - so many songs, unreleaseds, demos and versions of every song, truly a gift

The Buckingham Nicks live bootlegs are on Spotify for the time being. I'm so intrigued by the idea of what a second Buckingham Nicks album would have been. I might design some concept artwork for it

• Blue Letter
  • Monday Morning
  • I Don’t Want To Know
  • Never Going Back Again
  • Rhiannon
  • Sorcerer
  • Heartbreaker
  • You Won’t Forget Me
  • That’s Alright
  • Garbo
  • Nomad

Anyone here into her solo music? We all know Rhiannon, but have you ever listened to some of her solo albums? Rock A Little, Trouble In Shangri La, The Wild Heart etc are all great albums.

now here you go again you say you want your freeeeeeedommmmmm

she was so fucking hot in the 70s, if i was alive then i would've been such a groupie for her

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

b168c5533f50ac1fd6a7a19c14dbb5c6.gif
I could NOT wait for Lust For Life, A - Cherry B - STEVIE WAS SINGING WITH LANA!!!

:xcry:

Fr i was so excited when we got that info. I think contrary to many opinion, that Stevie sounds great on the song ESPECIALLY on the chorus. I'm so glad they became friends

Not a lot of people remember this, but Rick Nowels, who has helped Lana create some of her most monumental songs over the years, became friends with Stevie pre-fame, around the age of 16. He then scored his first writing & production credit with her song "I Can't Wait," which became a big single in 1986. That, along with a slew of other Stevie songs established his now long career as a songwriter/producer. So, one may say we wouldn't have a few of Lana's great songs w/o Stevie's divine intervention. :hooker: