Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Lana Covers V Magazine - Interview with Stevie Nicks

"I just feel like whatever each day brings me is something that I need and I want."

That was beautiful, I'm gonna try to think of this whenever I have a bad day. ❤️

I really liked their interview (read: conversation), and the photos are obviously gorgeous, I might end up buying the magazine! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

She also didn't say that she suddenly ONLY because of the things happening in Californië is waking up now. She explicitly states that the past years she wrote about her life, how she felt en now she is in a place where she let al those emotions out. And isn't looking back when she writes anymore. She is in the now, and that's why she opened her eyes to the world around her. Her writing has finally caught up to the now. And right now there is a lot of political shit going on.

GAHHHH I just love them both so much  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:  :toofunny:

Still need them to take some pictures together tho plssss

'So I try to say goodbye my friend // I'd like to leave you with something warm // But never have I been a blue calm sea // I have always been a storm'

The interview really sucks but this shoot, oh my god. The makeup is bad though, the lip liner looks too heavy and the eye liner looks bad and it's fighting for attention with the hair uggh. The clothes are fantastic.

editing again because social awareness doesn't mean sanitizing yourself sweaty.  :toofunny: Positive thinking alone isn't going to help women, people of color, the LGBT, etc communities in America. We are angry, for good reason. White girl "can't we just get along" pleas aren't the answer when your government wants to take aware your civil rights, your healthcare, and make it easier for you to be shot in the streets. True "Social awareness" cannot be found on the top of the Hollywood sign.

tZ7WN4B.gif

I agree. It also kind of annoyed me when she became socially aware just because of what was happening in her country, nowhere else.

im not defending her at all but thats so natural 

the interview is boring me to death and i'm already dead thanks

:smile3:

That interview sounds like two women having a conversation during an Alcoholic Anonymous cigarette break. All I want is some interviewer to cover her with meaningful gifts, dig out some semi-dirty secrets and doot doola doot doo her. 

So she now edits her songs, and won't release songs that might be adding to the negativity.

The Lana we knew and loved is officially dead

Imagine "Be young, be dope, be proud like an American" being released now :toofunny: 

According to V magazine: https://www.instagram.com/p/BV40IcfjIUz/?taken-by=lanadelreymom

The album is coming out JULY 14th

If not doctored then could have been the release date at the time of the interview. Probably got pushed back a week. I'd go off the date online being it is more easily updated. Maybe it slipped their minds to change it before it went to print.

That said it would be nice to get it a week earlier but I'm not going to expect anything.

The interview really sucks but this shoot, oh my god. The makeup is bad though, the lip liner looks too heavy and the eye liner looks bad and it's fighting for attention with the hair uggh. The clothes are fantastic.

editing again because social awareness doesn't mean sanitizing yourself sweaty.  :toofunny: Positive thinking alone isn't going to help women, people of color, the LGBT, etc communities in America. We are angry, for good reason. White girl "can't we just get along" pleas aren't the answer when your government wants to take aware your civil rights, your healthcare, and make it easier for you to be shot in the streets. True "Social awareness" cannot be found on the top of the Hollywood sign.

What the hell why u so angry lmao, positive thinking helps, that's not activism, but it helps you just can't deny :) Were u having a bad day while writing that???

red-velvet-irene.gifred-velvet-irene.gifDimCriminalArcticduck-size_restricted.gi
Naughty, naughty, naughty oh we ha ho

What the hell why u so angry lmao, positive thinking helps, that's not activism, but it helps you just can't deny :) Were u having a bad day while writing that???

No.. Telling people to just look on the bright side when there is no bright side is patronizing, condescending and tone deaf. Almost like making a song about how sad you were for the ~future~ of all the rich white teenagers at coachella, when god knows no one is checking for the brown kids in Compton. "Wow, stuff is happening, huh?" isn't actually a meaningful thing to say. I understand that Lana apparently only became woke enough to pick up a newspaper 2 months ago, and that this site probably doesn't skew in a direction where most people are acknowledging the gravitas of the things she's poking at yet, but tone policing, "self editing" for the sake of fake good vibes, etc..That's just not the way to reach any sort of raw truth either. If she's happier in her life right now, I am happy for her. But when you openly claim to be making social statements, that puts her up for scrutiny as much as it does anybody else's problematic fave. 

The good thing about Lana though, is that she always overstates her influences. Honeymoon was a Jazz album, etc. Coachella and GBA might just be the only tracks like that anyway. No other snippets actually indicate otherwise. I personally think people are reaching too hard when they claim Love has any political under or overtones. 

tZ7WN4B.gif

No.. Telling people to just look on the bright side when there is no bright side is patronizing, condescending and tone deaf. Almost like making a song about how sad you were for the ~future~ of all the rich white teenagers at coachella, when god knows no one is checking for the brown kids in Compton. "Wow, stuff is happening, huh?" isn't actually a meaningful thing to say. I understand that Lana apparently only became woke enough to pick up a newspaper 2 months ago, and that this site probably doesn't skew in a direction where most people are acknowledging the gravitas of the things she's poking at yet, but tone policing, "self editing" for the sake of fake good vibes, etc..That's just not the way to reach any sort of raw truth either. If she's happier in her life right now, I am happy for her. But when you openly claim to be making social statements, that puts her up for scrutiny as much as it does anybody else's problematic fave.

The good thing about Lana though, is that she always overstates her influences. Honeymoon was a Jazz album, etc. Coachella and GBA might just be the only tracks like that anyway. No other snippets actually indicate otherwise. I personally think people are reaching too hard when they claim Love has any political under or overtones.

I love your posts. So refreshing when a member has something interesting to say. And don't just kiss Lana's ass. Much respect.

Most people on this forum can't take anything bad being said about their queen, but they cannot deny you have a really fucking valid point. Rich white girl had so few problems growing up she had to go out of her way to find trouble in shitty partners and drugs. She has no right telling people it will be fine.

Unless yeah, maybe she is only speaking to her own demographic. God bless America - and all the beautiful rich white women in it

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png