TrailerParkDarling

Lana Del Rey interviews with Singapore MSN!

All i wanna know is who was paying for all these plane tickets :usrs:

probably her record label since she was flying around to record.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I'm sure she had jobs.

I don't think she has claimed anywhere that she had jobs. All she has said is that she volunteered for drug/alcohol outreach/rehab, and did some $100 odd-jobs off Craigslist. She also got the $10,000 signing bonus from 5 Points records that she used to rent and outfit her trailer. It is very likely that her dad supported her (plane tickets back and forth from UK, living/renting costs in NYC, the studio costs for recording the nearly 100 tracks (should be quite substantial)) but I don't see that as a problem. If I had the money and my kid had a dream to make it as a musician, I would do the same.

I don't think she has claimed anywhere that she had jobs. All she has said is that she volunteered for drug/alcohol outreach/rehab, and did some $100 odd-jobs off Craigslist. She also got the $10,000 signing bonus from 5 Points records that she used to rent and outfit her trailer. It is very likely that her dad supported her (plane tickets back and forth from UK, living/renting costs in NYC, the studio costs for recording the nearly 100 tracks (should be quite substantial)) but I don't see that as a problem. If I had the money and my kid had a dream to make it as a musician, I would do the same.

why would she mention having a job? it's not that special. the record label had a budget of $50k for ldrakalg, they could have paid for plane tickets with that. also, she was recording in london so the label was probably paying for her flights and stays there.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Oh i don't care if her Dad supported her either, she seems to come from a close family so it's understandable, plus he's rich. I mean, who here would be complaining if their rich Dad helped them out financially?, i doubt anyone lol. If i was in her position i'd be all....

Dad: "So, would you like some m-"

Me: "Yes."

But yeah, i mean just because she never mentioned a job, doesn't mean she never had any.

Love the interview. I think she lies a bit and maybe exaggerates. I guess she wants her life to sound as exciting and cinematic as her music or something.

I just saw this in one of her old interviews, and probably is the most accurate depiction of how she imagines her past life.

http://www.repeatfanzine.co.uk/interviews/Lana%20Del%20Rey.htm

“All the good stuff is real but isn’t, myself included. Coney Island is a place people go to escape, but whatever you choose to be your reality is your reality. So, in a way it’s just as real as anything else. I mainly let my imagination be my reality. Fantasy is my reality.”