Sign in to follow this  
Your Girl Lana

Never Let Me Go

For some reason associate "Never Let Me Go" with "I Don't Wanna Go" .. i don't know, they just seem like a two-parter. They're both beautiful. This was the first unreleased Lana song i ever heard.. and it's true beauty.

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

For some reason associate "Never Let Me Go" with "I Don't Wanna Go" .. i don't know, they just seem like a two-parter. They're both beautiful. This was the first unreleased Lana song i ever heard.. and it's true beauty.

You're right both of them slay.

For some reason I associate this one with Last Girl On Earth. Might be because they I got them around the same time and listened to them a lot after one another.

This song is so stunning.

The line  'I can be your Nancy, you can be my Sid'. I used to say something similar to my ex and it really brought me back to a happier time in my life.

That's why I love Lana. A lot of her music makes me think of happier times / happy memories. 

Has anyone tried to decipher the lyrics on the concept demo (aside from @@Trash Magic in the leak thread -- a great start!!)? I know they're hard to hear, and pretty freeform anyway, but it'd be neat to puzzle them out. I had never noticed the Dune reference until I listened to it tonight, so I figured we might be able to figure it all out. Here's what I got from a pretty cursory listen:

Love me in your arms

I'm not gonna hurt you, kid

? treat me like your best friends did

Hold me in your arms

You can ? 

?

Pick you up a snow cone, four-leaf clover

Baby

Call me softcore 

I can be the ?

Come on baby, don't stop now

Honey, Dan's calling!

Promise I won't hurt you, kid

You can be the ?

? four-leaf clover

You can read your favorite sci-fi like Dune 

You can read your favorite book, it's Dune

In your favorite month ? it's June

Heaven

o4qjp4j.png

On 3/2/2020 at 10:33 PM, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Has anyone tried to decipher the lyrics on the concept demo (aside from @@Trash Magic in the leak thread -- a great start!!)? I know they're hard to hear, and pretty freeform anyway, but it'd be neat to puzzle them out. I had never noticed the Dune reference until I listened to it tonight, so I figured we might be able to figure it all out. Here's what I got from a pretty cursory listen:

Love me in your arms

If you can treat me like your best friends did

Hold me in your arms

You can ??

If you wanna come and live with me (or "if you wanna come and live this way)

Living like the most don't 

Pick you up a snow cone, four-leaf clover

Baby

You can call me softcore / sad core

If you be the father

You can be the big shot

Come on baby, don't stop now

Honey, Dan's calling!

Promise I won't hurt you, kid

You can be the ?

? four-leaf clover

You can be the big shot

Bet you wanna a big snowcone before it's over

You can read your favorite sci-fi like Dune 

Call me if you wanna get... (was prolly going to say, call me if you wanna get high or something similar)

You can read your favorite book, it's Dune

In your favorite month ? it's June

Heaven

I just listened and edited your post above, this is what I could hear 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

My favorite Lana song of all time. When i first listened to it in 2013 I knew i wanted it to be my wedding song. An entire decade later i still love Never let me go and I can't wait to find a boyfriend to experience the lyrics of the song with. Still a hopeful romantic because of Lana

i'd like to start a conversation on this song pls! it's always been assumed that it was produced by steven mertens in 2010 but that don't make no sense... everything else they did was done in 2007 when they were dating and they sound way rougher and more acoustic/live than this pop ballad perfection. she had also moved to london in 2010 and started working exclusively with uk producers like justin parker and honestly this production sounds like something he would have made. it was also apparently registered on ascap in 2017 but i have been unable to find the registration...

so a couple of theories:

1. the song was done with steven in 2007 and not 2010 (unlikely, just doesn't sound like anything else they were making and it screams 2010-2011 lana) 

2. it was produced by someone else in 2010 but steven co-wrote it in 2007 when she must have done that initial concept demo (v likely, i'd bet on this) 

3. what we know is true and they somehow kept in touch and he produced it fully in 2010 while she was living in london - unlikely, she doesn't love keeping in touch with exes, maybe he ended up in london and they hooked up or she remembered of the concept demo and reached out to him to to finish it but that's so far fetched, it's so much more likely she took it to someone like justin to finish if she remembered of it... 

4. he had nothing to do with the song in the first place (where's that supposed registration...) 

which brings me to asking if we know anything more about it, if i'm missing anything and how much we know about their relationship (or lack of) after 2007 x @Elle @lizzyology y'all might know sumn... xoxo 

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Who produced On Our Way? 

justin parker! he also did velvet crowbar and those 2 along with never let allah go just sound like they belong to the same sessions... 

16 minutes ago, 111 said:

it was also apparently registered on ascap in 2017 but i have been unable to find the registration...

It's registered on GEMA.

{
"verlagswerknummern": [
  "00000004565357"
],
"isrc": [],
"erstellungDatum": "2017-03-25",
"aenderungDatum": "2017-03-25",
"titel": "NEVER LET ME GO",
"spieldauer": "00:05:30",
"werknummer": "19124552",
"fassungsnummer": "001",
"status": "2",
"details": {
  "sonstigeTitel": [],
  "iwk": "19124552001",
  "iswc": null,
  "art": null,
  "partner": [
    {
      "role": "composer_lyricist",
      "nachname": "GRANT",
      "vorname": "ELIZABETH",
      "ipiNameNumber": "579892274"
    },
    {
      "role": "composer_lyricist",
      "nachname": "MEHRTENS",
      "vorname": "STEVEN",
      "ipiNameNumber": null
    },
    {
      "role": "publisher",
      "nachname": "COPYRIGHT CONTROL SHARES",
      "vorname": null,
      "ipiNameNumber": "532838739"
    },
    {
      "role": "publisher",
      "nachname": "EMI MUSIC PUBLISHING LTD",
      "ipiNameNumber": "87019563"
    },
    {
      "role": "sub_publisher",
      "nachname": "EMI MUSIC PUBLISHING GERMANY GMBH",
      "ipiNameNumber": "572118754"
    }
  ],
  "interpreten": [],
  "sprache": null,
  "gattung": null,
  "instrumente": [],
  "besetzung": []
}

2 hours ago, 111 said:

justin parker! he also did velvet crowbar and those 2 along with never let allah go just sound like they belong to the same sessions... 

:true: written and composed with Steven and produced later down the line by Justin. I think this is the theory I’m choosing lipsters

16 hours ago, 111 said:

which brings me to asking if we know anything more about it, if i'm missing anything and how much we know about their relationship (or lack of) after 2007 x @Elle @lizzyology y'all might know sumn... xoxo 

I didn't want to leave you hanging, but I honesty know very little about the details of her relationship with Steven Mertens rip. I honestly can't even recall a single picture where Lana and Steven were together from <2010, besides from that one 2007 Cross Pollination poster. Not sure if she was still dating Steven when she started working with David Kahne (around late 2007/ early 2008), and was hanging around with Reeve Carney around the same time. I can't recall any pictures with her and Steven either, after that time frame :crai:

But as for the 2010 thingy, Lana wasn't living in London full time. It seemed like she was living in NY still (as we have pics of her in her Greenwich apartment - she was flopping hard during this time, according to people who went to her concerts) for the first few months & likely traveled between NY and London later that year. 

lPqTY1H.jpg