Dominikx4

Les Inrocks 2017 - Full English Interview

Ooh the fact that she sings "higher" on Yosemite, like she did on BTD and in her earlier demos yet the production is acoustic is so exciting. Liszt Grants come through!

+ it makes sense now why she does no promo. She loves making music and putting it out but she wants to "blend in with the masses". She hates the fame but loves the music so if not promoting her music is what will at least keep her making the music than I can settle.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Leak Buckets of Rain by Bob Dylan

And the very idea of getting tattoo removal on your finger has made me die a squeamish person's death.

But good interview. Shit photoshoot, but miles more substance.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

O MG tho...

What if Lana did a part of the soundtrack to Blade Runner 2017  :defeated:

WHAT IF she actually becomes a producer and does soundtrack scores and sings for them too. 

Every single movie would be after her tbh

I want this.

WHAT IF she actually becomes a producer and does soundtrack scores and sings for them too. 

Every single movie would be after her tbh

I want this.

And she plays every single character including android Harrison Ford 

Each of the Lanas can have a part  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:

The interview is a bit contradictory regarding her voiceShe said she adopted a low voice in 2012 and felt more confident in her high then aswell unless she's going to go Mariah highGreat interview though

I thought it made total sense. She used to say she lowered her voice when she picked up the Lana Del Rey "persona" because she wanted to be taken more seriously. It's a feminist thing. We all know how femininity is frowned upon. It's considered too fragile and therefore considered a weakness. So she started accessing her deeper vocal range so her voice would stand out more (which it did) and be more appreciated. She looked at the high voice as a fault. But now, she's talking about how she's had to re-teach herself that singing in her high voice is no a bad thing and it is not a weakness. She has to get used to be vulnerable and showing some emotion (emotion is usually more emotive and expressive in the upper head voice) on her new songs because that's what these songs call for. She's learned that fragility in the voice is a great asset, not a weakness and it can help convey emotion in a story.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.