Just Cherry

Lizzy Grant/May jailer Old Myspace. (New Information)

Got interested and read this thread today, along with the 'Lana Sleuthing' one-- there's a a few things I noticed/plus some questions I still have. Some of these probably (most likely) can't be answered, but I'd like to raise them anyway, as I haven't seen them yet:

-Is the song 'Bread and Oranges' likely the PSB demo we already have? Could it be the live recording? 

-What could the 'new song' have been that she referenced in her blog post from the 1/17/2007 screenshot? It could have also been one of the seven songs I have recorded as being from 2007 (perhaps one of the versions of Trash Magic, or Wayamaya), or an entirely unleaked song. (Or, even, a song produced late in 2006, being that it was posted in January.) 

-What version of FKP2 did Lizzy likely post? There's the rough demo from the 'Disco' sessions (however, I have this listed as being from 2006-- would that still justify calling it 'new'?), the 'Rehab' demo (which I'm unsure of the date on), or, perhaps an unheard recording or live version-- I know some have speculated that FKP2 was a song Lizzy played live early on. As early as Jan. 21, 2007, 'Disco' is added to Lizzy's music player. Is this likely one of the demos we have, or a more 'final' version? ANSWERED: These were likely the same versions posted on the Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena ReverbNation account: the 4:04 demo of 'Disco' and the 'Rehab' demo of FKP2 (3:36). 

-What versions of 'Kill Kill', 'Jump', and 'Yayo' were posted by Lizzy on/around Sept. 28, 2007? Could these be early mixes of the Kahne-produced tracks? Could they be the Mertens-produced versions of the songs? Could 'Jump' and 'Yayo' be the demos we already have, and 'Kill Kill' being an unheard version? Whatever versions they were, 'Jump' and 'Kill Kill' stayed up until somewhere around April 2008.

-To branch off of the above question, what do we really know about Mertens' version of AKA?

-How do we know that the track 'Miss America', which first shows up on Dec. 11, 2007, is a version of 'Trash Magic'? ANSWERED by @: "A fan uploaded Trash Magic on YouTube back in 2011, titled "Miss America". She commented asking how he got the track and that she had it titled as "Trash Magic". He said she sent it to him years ago under the first title." Lana's comment proves that she called the song both 'Trash Magic' and 'Miss America'. 

-It's long been rumored that Lizzy had been a stripper/go-go dancer at one time-- interesting that in the May 9, 2008 screenshot, one of Lizzy's top 12 friends is the NY Clique Go-Go Dancers' page. 

-On the May 14, 2008 screenshot, one of Lizzy's other profiles is listed in her top 12 friends-- is this a profile we already know about? 

-Interesting to note that her webpage, from around October 2008 to around January 2010, listed her alias as Lana Rey Del Mar. By January 2010, it had changed to Lana Del Ray. 

-This is probably just a minor slip-up, but in the period from Oct. 2008 to January 2010, the music player on her website displayed 'Gramma' as 'Gramma (Sparkler Trailer Heaven)', omitting the 'Blue Ribbon' from the subtitle. 

-Somewhere between January 31, 2010 to August 2, 2010, Lana made the name change from Lana Del Ray to Lana Del Rey. 

I hope most of this isn't redundant! I know there's only so much that can be gleaned from these screenshots, so most of my questions can't be definitively answered, but I'd love to hear any ideas.

o4qjp4j.png

Got interested and read this thread today, along with the 'Lana Sleuthing' one-- there's a a few things I noticed/plus some questions I still have. Some of these probably (most likely) can't be answered, but I'd like to raise them anyway, as I haven't seen them yet:

-Is the song 'Bread and Oranges' likely the PSB demo we already have? Could it be the live recording? 

-What could the 'new song' have been that she referenced in her blog post from the 1/17/2007 screenshot? My first guess is that it was 'For K Pt 2', as she added that song to her music player in the next entry. However, it could have also been one of the other 7 songs I have recorded as being from 2007 (perhaps one of the versions of Trash Magic, or Wayamaya), or an entirely unleaked song. (Or, even, a song produced late in 2006, being that it was posted in January.) 

-What version of FKP2 did Lizzy likely post? There's the rough demo from the 'Disco' sessions (however, I have this listed as being from 2006-- would that still justify calling it 'new'?), the 'Rehab' demo (which I'm unsure of the date on), or, perhaps an unheard recording or live version-- I know some have speculated that FKP2 was a song Lizzy played live early on. 

-As early as Jan. 21, 2007, 'Disco' is added to Lizzy's music player. Is this likely one of the demos we have, or a more 'final' version? 

-What versions of 'Kill Kill', 'Jump', and 'Yayo' were posted by Lizzy on/around Sept. 28, 2007? Could these be early mixes of the Kahne-produced tracks? Could they be the Mertens-produced versions of the songs? Could 'Jump' and 'Yayo' be the demos we already have, and 'Kill Kill' being an unheard version? Whatever versions they were, 'Jump' and 'Kill Kill' stayed up until somewhere around April 2008.

-To branch off of the above question, what do we really know about Mertens' version of AKA?

-How do we know that the track 'Miss America', which first shows up on Dec. 11, 2007, is a version of 'Trash Magic'? 

-It's long been rumored that Lizzy had been a stripper/go-go dancer at one time-- interesting that in the May 9, 2008 screenshot, one of Lizzy's top 12 friends is the NY Clique Go-Go Dancers' page. 

-On the May 14, 2008 screenshot, one of Lizzy's other profiles is listed in her top 12 friends-- is this a profile we already know about? 

-Interesting to note that her webpage, from around October 2008 to around January 2010, listed her alias as Lana Rey Del Mar. By January 2010, it had changed to Lana Del Ray. 

-This is probably just a minor slip-up, but in the period from Oct. 2008 to January 2010, the music player on her website displayed 'Gramma' as 'Gramma (Sparkler Trailer Heaven)', omitting the 'Blue Ribbon' from the subtitle. 

-Somewhere between January 31, 2010 to August 2, 2010, Lana made the name change from Lana Del Ray to Lana Del Rey. 

I hope most of this isn't redundant! I know there's only so much that can be gleaned from these screenshots, so most of my questions can't be definitively answered, but I'd love to hear any ideas.

Turns out I was able to answer at least one of my questions:

The versions of 'Disco' and 'For K, Pt. 2' uploaded to Lizzy's Myspace are likely the same ones uploaded to her 'Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena' ReverbNation account: the first demo of 'Disco' (4:04) and the 'Rehab' demo of 'For K, Pt. 2'. 

There goes my hope of another version of 'Disco' floating around somewhere  :crai:

Also, is there any way someone could find out more about any connection Lizzy had to the NY Clique Go-Go Dancers? It could be nothing, but I do find the fact that she had them added interesting, considering some of the rumors concerning Lizzy's past as an exotic dancer :hooker:

o4qjp4j.png

Turns out I was able to answer at least one of my questions:

The versions of 'Disco' and 'For K, Pt. 2' uploaded to Lizzy's Myspace are likely the same ones uploaded to her 'Lizzy Grant and the Phenomena' ReverbNation account: the first demo of 'Disco' (4:04) and the 'Rehab' demo of 'For K, Pt. 2'. 

There goes my hope of another version of 'Disco' floating around somewhere  :crai:

Also, is there any way someone could find out more about any connection Lizzy had to the NY Clique Go-Go Dancers? It could be nothing, but I do find the fact that she had them added interesting, considering some of the rumors concerning Lizzy's past as an exotic dancer :hooker:

Are you excluding honeydelgrant's version?

Yeah. Didn't he post another demo of it?

oh, the rehearsal version with the Rich Whores? no, not talking about that version. I'm talking about the first demo of Disco from the sessions with disco/let my hair down. 

but, thanks for reminding me of that version! I'd forgotten it :kiss:

Does anybody have Bread and Oranges?

that's something I'm still unsure about. we have a demo of Pawn Shop Blues, but I don't think anyone knows if it's the same one that was posted to her Myspace or not. 

perhaps some of our more knowledgeable members know? @evilentity @Eclipse @HeadBitch and anyone else who seems to know these things might know

o4qjp4j.png

do we know if honeydelgrant found those rich whores sessions online or did they find someone who had the recordings?

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

@sparklrtrailrheaven A fan uploaded Trash Magic on YouTube back in 2011, titled "Miss America". She commented asking how he got the track and that she had it titled as "Trash Magic". He said she sent it to him years ago under the first title. I found Lana's response in lanadelreywikia:

"God. I forgot that. I don't know if i changed the name- i think i called it Trash Magic in my notebook, but also miss america. I was staying at the sunset motel in new jersey off and on every other couple of weeks. I decorated it with tinsel from the duane reade up the street and wrote this song.. It still makes me happy."

@sparklrtrailrheaven A fan uploaded Trash Magic on YouTube back in 2011, titled "Miss America". She commented asking how he got the track and that she had it titled as "Trash Magic". He said she sent it to him years ago under the first title. I found Lana's response in lanadelreywikia:

"God. I forgot that. I don't know if i changed the name- i think i called it Trash Magic in my notebook, but also miss america. I was staying at the sunset motel in new jersey off and on every other couple of weeks. I decorated it with tinsel from the duane reade up the street and wrote this song.. It still makes me happy."

oh my god, totally forgot that! thanks! 

queen of alternate titles :legend:

o4qjp4j.png

me not being able to see any of the photos because I got here 8 years too late:  :crai:

omg this link doesn't work anymore, i wanna see the photos too haha

The link I posted years ago to an imgur album of them all that I made still works too.

You can see even more here.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.