latothemoon

Which Lana songs do you relate to the the most?

You're Gonna Love Me - I don't know why I relate to it, though. I just do. Plus it's one of my favorite unreleased songs. I think because during the song, Lana sounds vulnerable and somewhat sad etc. The lines "I have a bad mind but I got gold in my veins" and "I just wanna be like you" resonate with me a lot.

Starry Eyed - This song brings tears to my eyes. The line "life doesn't always work out like you planned it" is something I can understand. Also I have a specific person in mind when I listen to it so I always think about them.

Born To Die - A true classic. I've always been into philosophy and the term "Born To Die" is something I believe in a lot. It's what we do in the meantime that counts but at the end of it all, thats our main purpose in life - to die.

Brooklyn Baby - I love the freedom this song brings. I always feel happier when I listen to it. I've always liked the lines "Well my boyfriends in a band / he plays guitar while I sing Lou Reed / I've got feathers in my hair / I get down to beat poetry."

Money Power Glory - The song I can relate for vanity reasons, I guess. "I want money, power, glory" is simple yet powerful and those are the things I want in in life lol.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

Born To Die - I think about mortality a lot, I've lost a lot of important people in my life, and I live my life just like the message of this song (live as wildly and well as you can, because you and everyone else will someday leave this Earth.)

This Is What Makes Us Girls - Reminds me so much of my crazy group of girlfriends in high school and the shit we got into. 

Ride - I love driving to clear my head, I love how free this song makes me feel, and the "I'm tired of feeling like I'm fucking crazy" part.

Sad Girl -  ;)  ;)  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker: 

your band is all the rage. reminds me so much of my ex and i's past relationship and it just puts me through the heartbreak again when i listen to it

pNjWdpc.png

Get Drunk reminds me of my fucked up, drugged up past. Sometimes I almost long for those bad, messy times because I truly felt like I was living. But it wasn't healthy. A lot of Lana songs bring out these feelings in me. Depression. Addiction. Mad love. Breaking free from something. Finding a new life.

This is so weird, I just came here to make a thread like this and saw that this was created today.

Anyways, this is hard...

Shades of Cool, because I always want people that will never give all of themselves to me.

But I really relate to so many of her songs, so it is hard to just pick one. I picked that one because it was the first song that I heard by her where something just really clicked and I realized that her and I were on a similar wavelength.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

Released

• Dark Paradise - i miss my late relatives/friend, i'm so depressed about some stuff i wish i had said before they went to the other side of the moon
  • High By The Beach - leave me alone motherfucker
  • Fucked My Way Up To The Top - it's a long story and it's nothing related to sex
  • Old Money, Is This Happiness, Flipside - i'm really depressed nowadays (nostalgic as well) and i miss the times when i was happy, i was the queen of everything a few years ago - 2014 - and i didn't knew it, now i'm in the shittiest moment ever of my whole fucking life
  • Money Power Glory - i need money  my relatives already called me "gold digger" and everyone points on me that "when i get what i want i forgot everything else" and shit
  • West Coast - reminds me + my babygirl singing this song in the class, "she is crazy y cubana como yo my love", i relate to the song

Unreleased:

• Be My Daddy - when i see a pic of my favorite actors/actresses lol theyre older
  • Hollywood's Dead - i relate to the part when she talks about her dead idols, i remind of my late friend and relatives that i loved so much, and yeah, i miss carrie fisher and a few idols (+ same when Lorde talks about her dead icons in Perfect Places)
  • St. Tropez - do i need to explain that? my rising sign is capricorn lmaooo THIS IS A JOKE

theres lots of unreleased songs so i just pointed these two bc theyre good songs

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

I love Lana's music, but I don't relate much to any of them honestly. I'm a very boring and calm person, have never done anything wild in my past (except for my attempt to run away from school lol, I failed ofc. I was only 10 or something) and I've never been in love/no one has ever loved me. But I suppose that Dark Paradise is the one that I can relate to the most, especially now that my dad recently passed away. But I still don't like the song a lot, haha. :P

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Born To Die- I'm the type of person that ponders about death and the after-life. I've always been fascinated about death yet I'm still terrified. 

Starry Eyed- I listen to this song usually when I'm stuck in a position I have no control over or put in a place I don't want to be.

Bel Air- It's very dreamy, I'm a dreamy person.

Carmen- First song to ever make me fall in love with her. The whole song describes me to the T.

I Can Fly- *can't talk just sobs*

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

I can't think of one I relate to at the moment in my life but "Butterflies" felt like it was talking to me back in a time when I had broken up with a boy.

And 'Ultraviolence' (the album in general, specially "Cruel World" and "Black Beauty") were also songs that helped me a lot and made me relate.

Heroin - I've gone through my own struggles but have also had a few close friends of mine die from overdoses, so this song hits me very heavy and I just love everything about it. It's emotional, relatable, and the sound of the music make it even more amazing. I'm so happy it's the longest song on the album.

Shades Of Cool - I've been through a few relationships where I felt I was pushed aside and the "I can't help him, can't make him better..." says a lot to me.

Honeymoon & Ultraviolence (songs) - I've been in a toxic relationship where I was physically hurt but felt so emotionally attached that I couldn't pull away. It was almost like I felt I did not deserve better.

The Blackest Day - It has to do with a bad breakup that was my fault completely.

Love - I have been trapped inside my own thoughts for so long. I have felt hopeless. This song makes me feel better during my bad days. It gives me hope. It gives me courage. The "don't worry baby" part feels like she is speaking to me telling me that everything will be okay in the end.

There are tons more song I could post but I would say these are the main ones I could think of.

Even though she's my favourite artist, I think her only song I really relate to is Butterflies. And of course songs that are about being young and in love and stuff in general, but that's nothing Lana-specific, TBH.

For me, with Lana's music, it's about her storytelling and hearing about her experiences rather than trying to relate to her songs. For relatable songs, I listen to Gwen Stefani, Marina And The Diamonds or Troye Sivan.  :creep:

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif