Sign in to follow this  
sweetie

Heroin

does anybody else hear the "come on"s as smarty references???? by how she says them louder and then softer, kind of reminds me of the "nobody"s she says in the chorus...

reminds me more of for k part 2 and "tell me to come on, to come on, come on"

tumblr_oq5qbhvXRQ1v790vno1_540.png

When I listened to the lyrics, I understood going on the aeroplane to be giving in to heroin addiction. "I want to leave I'll probably stay another year" -> I took this to mean that she wants to leave (reality, sobriety) but she will continue to resist. If that's the case, "how I gave you everything And took your life away" could mean that someone she knew got into drugs as a result of her and died from an overdose. If she takes her medicine and gets on that aeroplane (uses again) she hopes to be able to come back from her and "really change(d)"

"I'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin" - even weed can make you feel like you are shooting into space (hence being 'high' haha) and it can also have a strange effect where while under the influence, thinking about other drugs can have an almost magnetic pull towards them. It's hard to explain, but it's almost like the drug is calling out to you, inviting you to take a trip.

"I put you on an aeroplane, destined for a foreign land" - I associated this with the ending of her relationship with Barrie, as she kind of sent him back to Europe, and from an outside perspective, he seemed to subsequently enter into a very dark time of life.

"Topanga's hot today, Manson's in the air. And all my friends have come, cuz they still feel him here" - although not found in Topanga Canyon, the John Lautner house she was (is?) renting where the 2015 Joe Pugliese Billboard shoot was done, is literally one street adjacent from where Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson group. These lyrics gave me the visual of her friends being fascinated/creeped out how close they are to where the murders happened.

"Topanga's hot today, Manson's in the air. And all my friends have come, cuz they still feel him here" - although not found in Topanga Canyon, the John Lautner house she was (is?) renting where the 2015 Joe Pugliese Billboard shoot was done, is literally one street adjacent from where Sharon Tate was murdered by the Manson group. These lyrics gave me the visual of her friends being fascinated/creeped out how close they are to where the murders happened.

this is so neat ! 

This has officially beaten Cruel World as my favorite Lana song ever. Both are very cold at one pont and then turn fucking hot at another, but Heroin's build up to the climax is better than Cruel World's in my opinion. Amazing. And we're so lucky this is the longest song on the record. It can really soothe my mood if I'm angry or stressed.  :rock:

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

does anybody else hear the "come on"s as smarty references???? by how she says them louder and then softer, kind of reminds me of the "nobody"s she says in the chorus...

i was just thinking about that when i was listening to it earlier! they're such a lizzy thing and i love it so much

giphy.gif

I also feel as though she may have known someone who died from a heroin (or another drug) overdose and she is reflecting on that loss, and states that heroin is something that can make you feel great while you're high but in reality is awful for your health and is deadly ("How it gave you everything, and took your life away') 

The airplane lines I feel are the transitions to death or to another place in life, with the hope of someday returning 

I also feel as though she may have known someone who died from a heroin (or another drug) overdose and she is reflecting on that loss, and states that heroin is something that can make you feel great while you're high but in reality is awful for your health and is deadly ("How it gave you everything, and took your life away') 

The airplane lines I feel are the transitions to death or to another place in life, with the hope of someday returning 

exactly.

i don't think it's as deep as that manson theory.

i think it's this simple.

~INSTA1.gif

"Manson's in the air
And all my friends have come
'Cause they still feel him here"
Probably doesn't need explaining.

"Something 'bout this weather made these kids go crazy"
Possible Manson Family reference, weren't the most of his followers quite young?

"

I think shes referencing her fans, how they go berserk over everything she says or act.

Topanga is hot tonight, the city by the bay

Has movie stars and liquor stores and soft decay

The rumbling from distant shores sends me to sleep

But the facts of life, can sometimes make it hard to dream

Life rocked me like Motley

Grab me by the ribbons in my hair

Life rocked me, ultra-softly

Like the heavy metal that you wear

Flying to the moon again

Dreaming about heroin

Probably gave you everything

And took your life away

I put you on an aeroplane

Destined for a foreign land

I thought that you'd come back again

To tell me everything's

Okay (eh, eh, babe, yeah)

Topanga is hot today

Manson's in the air

And all my friends have come

'Cause they still feel him here

I want to leave

I'll probably stay another year

It's hard to live when absolutely nothing's clear

Life rocked me like Motley

Bad beginning to my new year

Life rocked me, ultra-softly

Like the heavy metal that you hear

Flying to the moon again

Dreaming about heroin

And how I gave you everything

And took your life away

I put you on an aeroplane

Destined for a foreign land

I thought that you'd come back again

To tell me everything's

Okay (eh, eh, babe, yeah)

It's fucking hot, hot

Winter in the city

Something 'bout this weather

Made these kids go crazy

It's hot

Even for February

Something 'bout this sun

Has made these kids get scary

Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit

Oh, oh my god

Tripping off from the walls into the ducts and shit

Oh, oh, oh

I'll be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

Lead me baby

Come on

Come on

Come on

Come on

Flying to the moon again

Dreaming of Amoxapine

Taking all my medicine

To take my thoughts away

I'm getting on that aeroplane

Leaving my old man again

I hope that I'd come back again one day

To tell you that I

Really changed

Baby

It's hot, hot

Something 'bout the city

Don't know what he is

And make my head get crazy

Oh, oh, oh

Makes me feel like I can change

Oh, oh, oh

All of my evil ways and shit

Hmm, hmm

Oh, oh, oh

I'll be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

Just added a few corrections to the lyrics (that I'm 99.9 % sure of). I looked up the list of American anti-depressants and Amoxapane fits the lyrics and makes a lot more sense than marzipan imo.

Probably also my favourite song off the record. It's so ~etheral~ and beautiful, but really dark and gruesome as well. 

This probably isn't what Lana meant, but here's what I get from these lines that make the song more emotional for me:

I wanna leave, I'll probably stay another year.

For me, it's almost like a suicidal person could have written it. When I was suicidal a few years back I always told myself I should hang on to life just to see if things would change in the next year, so I hung on. So those lines resonate with me in a way. I wanted to leave this world, but I stayed, just to see if things would change.

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I'm certain it's

And all my friends have gone, 'cause they still feel him here

Does anyone else hear this? 

This is what I'm going with. It sounds like a weird mix of "come" and "gone" but "gone" definitely makes more sense. Now that her friends have left, she's alone and wants to leave...idk about the staying another year part, maybe it's complacency/ comfort in routine