Say Yes to Heaven

When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

this is definitely going to be the best song of the album and might be my favorite lana song. idk I'm just connecting to it so much. Sad Girl is my favorite lana song but WTWWAW might beat it

Guys, it's "courses" not "corsets" I am 99% sure. Courses as in classes and lessons that's why she says to memorize them in the next line. Why would you memorize corsets?

Let me know what you think guys!!

this would actually make the song even better

Guys, it's "courses" not "corsets" I am 99% sure. Courses as in classes and lessons that's why she says to memorize them in the next line. Why would you memorize corsets?

This is tricky cause corsets are usually worn during different kinds of dances (like burlesque for example). But 'courses' does make more sense tbh

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

I thought she is just being weird like.. Write a song about your curls and corsets"

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

I thought she is just being weird like.. Write a song about your curls and corsets"

that line is the one thing i didnt like abt it, it might be courses idk, but the curls and corsets just came off weird to me, regardless the end lines melodically were fucking great

i think its "curls and corsets"; as if they were time-pieces associated with a certain kind of femininity; memorized / immortalized into a song (or ~ manifesto ~), into cultural paradigms of female submission / passivity 

plus, corsets are known for being tight and repressive, and she later sings 'get loose'. it makes sense given all the talk about the women's marches, not to mention the ~ political ~ title 

ZRBNill.jpg

"When the world was at war before we just kept dancing."

I believe this is commentary on the rise of the counterculture, protest music that emerged in the 60s. Which pretty much came as result of war in Vietnam, Civil Rights, Women’s Rights, and the Sexual Revolution. Counterculture music also assisted in diversifying music the through the collapse of stereotypical barriers and freedom of expression. Paving the way for african american artists to become more mainstream and celebrated, and giving female artists more of a voice.

Overall not to mention our times feel like reflection of those times. Which makes sense why Coachella - woodstock in my mind also exists on Lust For Life.

The beat in the production during the chorus reminds me so much of 'Hotline Bling.' I can't be the only one who thinks this lol

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS