When The World Was At War We Kept Dancing

I listen to the song just because of the pre-chorus

Shake it up, throw your hands up

and get loose, cut a rug

Lean into the fucking youth

Choreo, we just want the fucking truth   :sluttybunny:  :yesnod:  :grinds: 

The way she says CHOREO makes me wet

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

Apple Music has the lyrics as Korea instead of Choreo ...

Apple Music has the most inaccurate lyrics out there. Idk who the fuck puts them down, but he or she should be fired.

I'm in love with the green on the grass and the trees, the scent of my sidewalks perfumed by the rain/ I'm in love with the tunes that colored my youth/ and the smudges of autumn that spill through the pane/I'm in love, just in a different way/ and that's okay.

Apple Music has the most inaccurate lyrics out there. Idk who the fuck puts them down, but he or she should be fired.

Tbh. Like so many songs of different genres have the same issue. It's tacky

i would like this song if the title wasnt so wordy and if she didnt say "before" in the chorus. it would have been so smooth if it was "when the world was at waaaaar, we just kept dancing" i cringe every time she jams "before" in there

i am the queen of the universe. the waves part, and they engulf me, and the water is warm.   

https://onlineparades.bandcamp.com/album/sure-jan

I hear "Oh my God, dizzy from loving you" rather than "Did it from loving you" - anyone else?

Wait, does she not say "dizzy from loving you"? :rip: :rip: :rip:

Anyway – this is the best song of the record. Fact!

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

I still believe it's courses rather than corsets, as in dance lessons these girls are taking. Corsets can't be memorized "in a little song" whereas dance steps from a choreography or a popular dance can. I mean, both the pearls/curls, and the recurring vintage dance motifs seem to indicate a kind of ball or gathering going on where these women would participate. Beside, corsets weren't really in vogue during the period Lana seems to be referencing (early 1940s).

Finally, I can't hear the 'T' at the end of the word, it actually sounds like courses to me.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

The lyrics remind me so much of a Tori Amos song! Who's with me on this?

I mean there is something random and unclear about their lyrics, but there is deep meaning.

tumblr_ow8qt6vZl01w30flno1_1280.jpg

Ok, whats the line right before "is it the end of an era"?

-told by the frightened

-told by the free world

-told by the fake news

i'm lost af, i really cannot hear the "frightened" there,  i constantly hear "free world"

It's "fake news" 

I forget where she said it live but she DEFINITELY said fake news when I heard it. It might've been at the listening party 

I thought she said "told by the furies" as in the ancient deities from Greek mythology.

This is what they basically did

"Their task is to hear complaints brought by mortals against the insolence of the young to the aged, of children to parents, of hosts to guests, and of householders or city councils to suppliants - and to punish such crimes by hounding culprits relentlessly"

I mean it's a cool idea in my mind but I don't really seeing it being that. Sometimes I hear furies sometimes I don't. I feel "frightened" is more probable.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif