Sign in to follow this  
NamiraWilhelm

O2 ACADEMY BRIXTON MONDAY JULY 24TH

Update on the petition. The government petition team has been shut down for now. So instead I rang her UK record label polydor they said they couldnt help as don't deal with the tours. So then I rang her management company in the UK and explained and said I'm trying to find someone who cares. They said "That's not us". Wow! Told me to speak to the venue. I rang Academys hq and they are apparently going to call me back. So i posted a bitchy comment on o2 academy brixton Twitter. They asked me to send them a message which I have done. I will let you know the response. If anyone wants to visit their Twitter page and comment on what happened would be great. My comments are under the photos they shared of Lana.

Update on the petition. The government petition team has been shut down for now. So instead I rang her UK record label polydor they said they couldnt help as don't deal with the tours. So then I rang her management company in the UK and explained and said I'm trying to find someone who cares. They said "That's not us". Wow! Told me to speak to the venue. I rang Academys hq and they are apparently going to call me back. So i posted a bitchy comment on o2 academy brixton Twitter. They asked me to send them a message which I have done. I will let you know the response. If anyone wants to visit their Twitter page and comment on what happened would be great. My comments are under the photos they shared of Lana.

assholes 

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

Ok, so this is my impression of the concert.

This was my first concert with Lana and I was really excited. I didn't think I would be allowed to go (even though I'm an adult in papers, I still want my mom's consent) and I didn't think I'd get tickets... but somehow we made it.

I traveled from Sweden with my brother's fiancée and arrived late Sunday night. First thing we did on Monday morning was to fix the O2 priority so we could enjoy the day and not having to stand in a queue all day.

I have to say that the O2 staff handled the queue perfectly - much better than the mess I experienced last year when I saw Coldplay for the first time here in Sweden. Also, they were very helpful when we looked for the right bus stop after the show. I'd love to go there again (if I'm desperate and can't go in Sweden again lol).

The venue was pretty and I thought it really suited Lana's style. Good thing that the floor was slightly tilted so people in the back could see perfectly too. And the pre-act sounded great too, I was surprised.

Ok, so when Lana stepped on the stage, you could really tell how excited everyone were. A bit disappointed that she didn't dress up more, but I figured she was tired from Paris the night before and heck, I don't care really, she looked amazing and her hair was beautiful. :flutter:

I was prepared that she would play mostly old songs and keep in mind that this was my first Lana concert so I wasn't that disappointed. I had hoped for more LFL songs, but honestly I was just happy enough to be fortunate to be there and hear songs I've loved for years.

I spoke briefly with a Scottish fan right before she entered the stage and discussed what songs we wanted to hear. I wished for Ride and CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW HAPPY I WAS WHEN LANA GOES LIKE "We don't really play this song so often anymore but this is Ride" LIKE YAAASSS MY DREAMS CAME TRUE!! :crai:

I also made the fan and I scream for Lana while waiting for her to come lol, it was fun to hear people in the venue joining us. ^^

Only thing I would "complain" about would be (except for them playing old songs but like I said, I didn't really care) that I wished that the guitar would be a bit louder (the effects he gives live is magical sometimes) and that Lana sang a bit louder - she was drowned out from all the fans singing along sometimes. But in the few recordings I have on my phone, she sounds clear and louder than the fans, so I dunno.

Also, I wished the show was going on a bit longer. It felt short, but I didn't count how many songs were performed and it's like I said to my travel companion: I could've stayed there forever, as long as she kept on singing.

Also, her dancers are fabulous, they're not annoying or in the way at all. I loved them.

I'm a bit sad that I didn't remember to stand on the right side where she goes off stage to meet fans. (I was standing slightly to the left of the center), but also glad because I can't imagine how push-y it must be there, lol. I'm glad for Elle and everyone else who got to meet her though. :) I tried to hand over my fan letter to Lana when she came over to the left side at the beginning of the show, but I don't think she took it. My brother's fiancée said that she saw Lana seeing it though, I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, I'm just glad she saw it lol. I didn't think I'd get it to her anyways.

So I cried three times, I was really happy to finally be close to her and be lucky to see her live... and so happy to have such a great day.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I can't find the words to describe how I feel about Lana's uk   management saying they don't care , but that really doesn't make Lana look  good . And I'll say it again , you didn't deserved to have that happen to you despite the time that you qued .

If it's a months difference after her album release I'm like 75% certain it'll be different.

Yes I believe so, but I doubt I'll go , as much as I love Lana I never go all over the country for someone , one concert at one venue and city is enough for me, plus the tix and the travel cost me money

excerpt from radio 1 interview, for anyone wondering 'da fuck happened with love'

Launching the album at a one-off gig in London, she’s forced to abandon her performance of the opening track, Love. Earlier in her career, she might have frozen. Now, she just sings it acapella, with the crowd stepping in as her own personal choir. “I’m not exactly sure what happened, but I think my keyboard player was playing the wrong chords,” she explains. “I was leaning into him and saying, 'That’s not it, that’s not it’ and he was like, 'That is it, trust me’. "I listened for 10 seconds and I was like, 'Damn, I definitely can’t get it’. I couldn’t get it in rehearsal, either. So I just told him to stop. I feel bad — I was kind of abrasive. "But that song is at the heart of the record and I thought it’d be weird if I didn’t do it. So, luckily the people who were at the show knew the words and they sang along with me.”

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

assholes 

The manager (Nigel) at o2 Brixton was incredibly rude.  Said that it was tough, and that as o2 pay lots in sponsorship they can do what they like.  I am now trying to find contact details for lana's team. 

Oh yes please, thank you.. 

They even confirmed on twitter that both queues would go in at the same time, yet they decided that the O2 queue would go in first.

I should have recorded it on my phone..  :defeated:

Can you find that tweet please?  o2 Brixton told me that didn't happen.

The manager (Nigel) at o2 Brixton was incredibly rude.  Said that it was tough, and that as o2 pay lots in sponsorship they can do what they like.  I am now trying to find contact details for lana's team. 

Can you find that tweet please?  o2 Brixton told me that didn't happen.

Here it is..

https://twitter.com/O2academybrix/status/889113739039059968

There was another one but the gorl deleted the tweet  :crossed:

https://twitter.com/O2academybrix/status/889417069132906496

I made a youtube account to share my two fancams from the concert, here's Ride and Love. ♥

I know there are better videos out there in terms of quality pictures but whatever :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Hey, I'm wondering how long people had to queue to get 1st/2nd rows. I got there at 5:30 and was just over halfway towards the stage but if I get to go Liverpool I'm thinking about getting there in the morning this time. 

Hey, I'm wondering how long people had to queue to get 1st/2nd rows. I got there at 5:30 and was just over halfway towards the stage but if I get to go Liverpool I'm thinking about getting there in the morning this time. 

Hope someone else can answer you, I came around 18:00/6PM and stood in the priority line... I might have been behind 5-7 people, but I felt pretty close to Lana and the stage anyways.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Here it is..

https://twitter.com/O2academybrix/status/889113739039059968

There was another one but the gorl deleted the tweet  :crossed:

https://twitter.com/O2academybrix/status/889417069132906496

u the Best!!!! Please go to my Twitter and reply to the tweet I just sent and back me up. My Twitter is https://twitter.com/HowardTrigg/status/890699860671946752 . Anyone else who is pissed off REF priorities please do the same. X 

I don't think you an get an answer based on Monday, given that the die hards that got there early were superseded by the O2 priority customers :/ 

Could you please complain on my post for me?  I know you were lucky to get in but you very unselfishly said you thought it was unfair. xxx

https://twitter.com/HowardTrigg/status/890699860671946752