Honeymoon

Ultraviolence

Lust for Life

Paradise 

Born to Die

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Sorry for the long paragraphs, but I wanted to include my reasons too lol...

1. Ultraviolence: Honestly NFR is a contender to share a spot with this album, but we'll see once it's out. UV is at the top for me because I feel like it perfectly executes the sound she was going for, the atmosphere, the album artwork (Neil did AMAZING work), the performances during this era (this was the first era I saw her live), the singles, the writing. Even the songs I don't absolutely love from this album, they're still great to me.

2. Paradise: I had a hard time choosing b/w P and BTD for #2, but for now it's Paradise. It has a shorter track list than BTD, but for me the songs sound like there was more care put into the production. The visuals, the concept of the album (Adam and Eve + "paradise lost"), the TROPICO/RIDE short films- UGH. It's just all consistently good art.

3. Born to Die: Although this is #3, I consider this a classic, and although some people say her writing was very immature on this album, I have to disagree. I love the lyrics on this album, and miss the descriptive writing she used to have in her songs. Do I want BTD 2.0? Hell no, but I appreciate it for what it is and it's one of her greatest. The music videos were great, the performances during this time make me nostalgic, and you can't deny how much influence Lana made in the music industry with this album!

4. AKA/Sirens: I feel like these albums are under appreciated when it comes to her "unreleased work". If you exclude, Brite Lites (I prefer the demo of it), Put Me In a Movie (the song makes me uncomfortable now lmao), and Birds of a Feather, the rest of the songs on these two albums are amazing. Some of my favorites are Jump, Pretty Baby, For K, Part 2, Next to Me, My Momma, Kill Kill. Even the visuals during the AKA era are still cute to me. All these two albums needed was a good production and taking out 1 or two songs.... *cough* the ones I mentioned *cough*

5. Honeymoon: So at first this album was my least favorite and I'd only listen to a few select songs at first. But over time, after getting into the right mood, the right place, and listening to the album fully, I like it and appreciate it more now. What stops it from being high on my list though is... don't kill me, but the production. For songs like Honeymoon, Terrence Loves You, God Knows I Tried, and a few others, the instrumentation suits and really elevates the songs! BUT, for me something is still missing for MTWBT, Freak needed lyric changes ("stranger than a stranger" still makes me cringe... and this used to be one of my favorites and now it's one of my worst!) AND production changes- tell me why HBTB aged so good for me even with those trap beats, but didn't work for me with Freak? Oh, and Burnt Norton... this interlude always throws me off when I get to that part... The visuals were okay to me, I still don't like the album artwork, I think reusing UV footage worked okay for MTWBT because they also mixed in new footage, but Freak was very lazily put together, touring was minimal and I wished to see some of the songs performed, but idk... it was an underwhelming and awkward time being a fan for me.

6. Lust for Life: Oh, LFL, my sweet summer child, you could have been one of the best... so I'll start with the positive~ 13 Beaches, Love, Cherry, and tracks 10-16 are the best songs on the album. Heroin, Change, and Get Free are complete standouts and showcase how much progress she's made. The LFL album trailer and the Love music video were my favorite visuals for this era. I saw her a third time, and I was impressed with the concert. I personally think she's made progress performing, and I loved the tour this time around. *ahem* So... now the bad~ Lust for Life is her weakest title track, Lana deserved better advice in the process of putting the song together and both Lana and The Weeknd deserved better lyrics to sing to. The music video was also... meh. Cherry and White Mustang deserved better production. The White Mustang music video is just as bad as Freak to me. The "bitch" and "fuck" in Cherry is cringe to me but I still listen to it bc it's a great song. In My Feelings and Coachella are the worst songs on the album. IMF needed better production. I also have to say although it had great vocals, the lyrics in the first verse are terrible. Coachella is just a song I can't listen to. It's one song concept that I WISH she had worked on instead of slapping a beat on it and calling it a day. Idc how much she likes it, its BAD. It could be good, the concept is there, but the end product is BAD. I even removed it from my music library. Groupie Love and Summer Bummer could've been separate singles released before the album, but... since she decided to release it with the album after the supposed May release (which would've been a good time), I wasn't in the right mood to get into these songs... or the whole album, in fact. ASAP was good, idk why she had to have Playboi Carti on that damn song. Even though I had to rearrange the track list to get some consistency when listening, it still doesn't... flow well... and um... yeah. RIP the LFL era.

Lust For Life

Ultraviolence

Honeymoon

Born To Die

AKA

Sirens

Paradise

LFL and UV are my personal top favorites.

I couldn’t really make up my mind on how to place BTD and HM. BTD is a classic, the most popular, what introduced me and a lot of people to Lana. But Honeymoon was genius.

I know Paradise is an extension of BTD but I usually count it apart from the original BTD album.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

I can't remember if I did this before but here we go: 

1 Ultraviolence

2 Honeymoon

3 AKA

4 Paradise

5 Born to die

6 Lust for life

...NFR 'bout to climb to the top 3 very soon 

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

1. Born To Die

2. Ultraviolence

3. Honeymoon

4. Paradise

666. Lust For Life

AKA would be in the top 3, not exactly sure where though. Honestly I'm surprised LFL has ranked so highly with so many people. It's really hurt my stanning for Lana? And people keep mentioning how less and less followers are reading the threads. The NFR songs all sound good so far except for the collaborations. But I've noticed a lot of her music isn't aging well for me. I'm not sure why. Like her older albums used to sit so highly in my mind but the tracks just aren't aging well. Maybe that's what people mean when they say the material is immature. Although it's happening with her more "mature" content too. Anybody else experiencing this?

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

1. Ultraviolence

2. Paradise

3. Honeymoon

4. Lust For Life

5. Born To Die

6. Lana Del Ray

Y'all putting Paradise in the bottom isn't realistic

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Ultraviolence

Lust for Life

Lana Del Ray

Born to Die

Honeymoon

Paradise

Lies spotted.

1. Ultraviolence

2. Honeymoon

3. Born to Die/Paradise

4. Lana Del Ray

5. Lust for Life (could have been one of the best, but the middle section ruins it)

NFR, our new number 2, is coming.