RileyThomas

Rank Lana's Albums

Ultraviolence

Lust for Life

Born to Die

Paradise

Honeymoon

I have to wait a little to rate Lust for Life still. I would say it's number one, but I'm gonna wait til it ages a little. Ultraviolence has aged gracefully, but I don't know if LFL will. I could never get sick of listening to UV but LFL i think I can.

1. ultraviolence

2. lust for life / honeymoon (same tier)

3. paradise

4. aka

5. born to die

she has no "bad" albums, just out of all of her good work id say born to die just isnt her best

pNjWdpc.png

1. Ultraviolence

2. Born To Die & Lust For Life

3. Honeymoon

4. Paradise

5. A.K.A.

I have strong memories attached with Ultraviolence, plus the album is just so good, I even love Guns and Roses.

I liked Lust For Life a lot so I wouldn't dare to put it in the bottom. I stan The Beatles so a song with John's son's voice in it (and The Beatles general vibe in it) makes me love the feature, same goes with BPBP since I love Stevie and Fleetwood Mac.
I love Born To Die because of the same reason as UV, the memories lol.

Paradise has finally grown on me but I didn't love it back in 2012.

A.K.A., I haven't even listened to it in full so no opinion with this one.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

1. Ultraviolence

obviously an iconic magnum opus that will probably never be topped

2. Lust for Life

she really proved us wrong with this album and I feel so bad for doubting her, never again Lana I promise

3. Born to Die

the one that started it all for me, however in my opinion there are so many fillers (i.e. Dark Paradise, Carmen, Million Dollar Man, etc.)

4. Honeymoon

when it's good it's amazing, but when it's not it's a slug...

5. Paradise

save for Ride, all the other tracks are either okay or just good...

1. :worship:   Ultraviolence   :worship:

2. Honeymoon

3. Paradise

4. Born to Die

5. Lust for Life

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7

Ok I'm just going to have to explain myself because I can't rank these without doing it.

• Born to Die: This is the album that means the most to me and it's been my "go-to" when it comes to Lana. For me, it has songs that I can't get over (Born to Die, Off to the Races, Blue Jeans, Video Games, National Anthem, Radio, Summertime Sadness). However, I recognize that the lyrics are immature, and while I wouldn't say the rest of the tracks are filler, they just kinda annoy me and I don't like listening to them. They're good, I just don't care for them anymore.I know the album as a whole isn't her best, but it otherwise contains some of my favorite works of hers. It's dark, dramatic, and epic without making me feel depressed afterwards. However, I will say, I get annoyed and tired listening to the album in full because of the rest of the tracks that can sound annoying and whiny to me.
  • Paradise: Ride is incredible (and also incredibly depressing), and the album as a whole is good, but it's just kinda forgettable to me. I often forget she even made this record. I listen to it, and I'm like, "these songs are so good!" and then I just don't listen to them for months again.
  • Ultraviolence: This album is incredible. The way she made the entire album have the same sound, while also having each track being amazing and unique. This album manages to bring back happy summer memories for me, but I also find it super heavy and depressing to listen to in full. I really enjoy every single track from it, but it's so hard for me to listen to in one sitting because it's so heavy. But at the same time, I love it and definitely think it's some of her best work, I just can't listen to it in full often. West Coast is still one of her best songs ever.
  • Honeymoon: She did the same thing here that she did with Ultraviolence- She made the entire record super cohesive and have a distinct sound, while still having each song stand out as it's own and not too similar as the others. While I don't find this album as heavy as Ultraviolence, it's still very melancholic to me. Ultraviolence is more straight black, humid, chaotic heaviness, whereas Honeymoon is more of a midnight blue with moonlight and a soft breeze on a cool summer night, with autumn coming in. It's still somewhat hard for me to listen to in full because it's so melancholic, but this is probably my second "go-to" because it's incredibly done while not being as heavy as Ultraviolence, making it easier to listen to. It's perfect for driving on a cool summer night with the windows down and the roads empty. 
  • Lust for Life: I think she's found the a very good happy medium here. Born to Die was more upbeat and less heavy, but it struggled with immaturity in its lyrics, some songs are overproduced, and some of the songs just aren't enjoyable for me to listen to. With UV and HM, she continuously matured in her song topics, lyrics, and her songwriting skills. With Lust for Life, she took the lighter, more upbeat aspects of Born to Die, the developed maturity in her lyrical content and songwriting from UV and HM, and the uniqueness and quirkiness of AKA to create something special. It's definitely her most listenable album to me, because it combines all of the good aspects of all her albums while getting rid of the aspects that bothered me in the previous albums (BTD being too immature, whiny, and annoying at times, UV being too heavy, and HM being too sad, slow, and melancholic). 
  • AKA: It's hard for me compare these to the others. It's so experimental and in its own category. I really like how light, fun, and weird it is. It's a good album to listen to when I'm in a goofy, playful mood.

Therefore, I'd have to rank the albums:

1. Ultraviolence (While often too heavy for me to listen to in one sitting, it's super impressive. The songs are crazy good.)
  2. Lust for Life (Like I said earlier, very good happy medium between all her albums.)
  3. Honeymoon (Love it, but can be too slow for me at times.)
  4. Born to Die (Has some amazing songs, but the rest ruin its momentum.)
  5. AKA (Fun to listen to once in a while)
  6. Paradise (Good, but forgettable.)

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1. Ultraviolence

2. Paradise

3. AKA

4. Lust For Life

5. Born To Die

6. Honeymoon

and, tbh, if Sirens, From The End, and Young Like Me counted, I'd place them, collectively, above Honeymoon.

giphy.gif