nothing changed that much :teehee:

Mfhp.gif

1. NFR! = UV

2. Paradise

3. Born to Die

4. AKA = Sirens

5. Honeymoon

6. Lust for Life

Nothing’s changed since last year, honestly. But it’s still hard for me to choose a number one. There are some weak lyrical moments on UV, and even some production choices that I’m thinking twice on (the sound of the Sad Girl demo makes me appreciate the song more). But the rest of the track list + bonus tracks + tour + visuals + memories associated with this album makes it my number 1. Some of her best songs are on this album. NFR! has less weak moments for me, but the rollout for this album was the most painful to get through. The visuals are split between very good (FIILY/TG, DT)~ to inconsistent or okay (CG’s work). The promo decisions left me frustrated- and by the time she DID do interviews, in such a short span of time- it was overwhelming (new album announcement already? wut?) The radio-edit and single choices were questionable. People are split on snippets- I’m leaning more toward not listening to them at all for the next album. But NFR! itself is amazing. The production, the lyrics all work for me. Even the “weaker” tracks are better compared to her previous work. I haven’t had this much enjoyment listening to an album like this since UV. The positives and negatives of these albums balance each other out, but I’ll see how I’ll feel in the future.

UV > HM > BTD/NFR > LFL

i'm still really unsure about nfr's placement, so i put it on par with born to die (though i think i prefer born to die just because its a classic)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I'm torn.... 

Its either 

1. NFR!/HM

2. UV

3. BTD

4. Paradise

5. LFL

or

1. NFR!

2. HM

3. UV

4. BTD

5. Paradise

6. LFL

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

This is SO hard for me because I can recognize that some albums are objectively better than others, but I might personally prefer the vibe of one over another, I might have certain memories attached to certain albums, I might really like one album but be rarely in the mood for it, and some albums are better as a whole but others have certain songs I prefer over entire other albums. Lana is the only artists I struggle to do this with.

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
  2. Ultraviolence
  3. Born to Die
  4. Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant
  5. Honeymoon
  6. Lust for Life
  7. Paradise

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

1. Ultraviolence

2. Honeymoon

3. Born To Die

4. Norman Fucking Rockwell!

5. AKA

99. Lust for Life

1.Ultraviolence

2.Norman Fucking Rockwell

3.Honeymoon

4.Born To Die

5.AKA

6.Lust For Life

7.Paradise

I give up on trying to top UV. I'll keep trapped, but I hope this change some day  :usrs:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593