Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Violet

Linkin Park (R.I.P. Chester)

So I searched and apparently there's never been a Linkin Park thread on this forum.

In memory of Chester Bennington, the lead singer who passed away (thought to be suicide) on the 20th july 2017 at 41 years old, I want to make this thread as a place for any past fans to post what were our favourite Linkin Park songs and any memories we have listening to their music.

I'd really appreciate it if no one posted jokes in this thread btw.

Here is the list of albums Chester did with Linkin Park:

Hybrid Theory (2000)

Meteora (2003)

Minutes to Midnight (2007)

A Thousand Suns (2010)

Living Things (2012)

The Hunting Party (2014)

One More Light (2017)

Although he was involved in many other music projects and film features.

R.I.P Chester. Although I have not been LP fan from the very beginning, as soon as I was old enough to figure out how to download my own music, I became a loyal Linkin Park fan and since then you have always been my favourite male vocalist. I remember reading your interview in a rock magazine about your abusive past and I was in absolute shock, but also absolute respect at how you managed to move on from such a hard time before you were 13, and make it into something worthwhile with your music. I kept up to date with all your work since 2007 and A Thousand Suns and Living Things will always remain two of my favourite albums. I am so grateful for the music you and Linkin Park released which forever changed me and my view on mental illness, and it even helped me cope with my own hard struggles through bipolar depression. I am so sorry to hear of your passing away and truly hope you can find peace and happiness in your next journey.

My all-time favourite songs from the band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J40dn4ttgw

This is a really beautiful post.

I wasn't a hardcore Linkin Park fan, but I liked a few of their songs and became familiar with the band members. Some of my favorite songs are 'The Catalyst', 'Valentines Day' and 'In The End'.

It's a very tragic loss, especially since he left behind 6 children, I can't imagine how they must be feeling. :(

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

This is a really beautiful post.

I wasn't a hardcore Linkin Park fan, but I liked a few of their songs and became familiar with the band members. Some of my favorite songs are 'The Catalyst', 'Valentines Day' and 'In The End'.

It's a very tragic loss, especially since he left behind 6 children, I can't imagine how they must be feeling. :(

The Catalyst and Valentine's Day are other songs I should have added! But yes, I actually only thought he had 3 children. I didn't know about 6, which is just even sadder :(

Linkin Park and Chester's lyrics/vocals got me through a lot of rough times when I was younger and struggling through abuse. I only found out today, after reading about his death, that he was a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and suddenly it's all hit me so much harder. I stand in solidarity with all CSA survivors. RIP to Chester, I hope his soul is at peace, wherever he may be, pure energy and star stuff scattered across the ether or in a heaven of his own design. 

Linkin Park and Chester's lyrics/vocals got me through a lot of rough times when I was younger and struggling through abuse. I only found out today, after reading about his death, that he was a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and suddenly it's all hit me so much harder. I stand in solidarity with all CSA survivors. RIP to Chester, I hope his soul is at peace, wherever he may be, pure energy and star stuff scattered across the ether or in a heaven of his own design.

That last sentence is beautiful xx

But also I'm so sorry to hear you've also gone through abuse :(

That last sentence is beautiful xx

But also I'm so sorry to hear you've also gone through abuse :(

Thank you. <3 I work on my recovery every day. It's difficult to see others who've gone through similar things not make it through. It just breaks my heart that he couldn't find peace in life. 

I listened their first 2 albums a lot. I was ateenager, everybody loved them. I still love those songs.

Rest in piece Chester, I hope you found your happier place now.

2ikzg5s.png

Their music has just sort of always been in my life. I never got to see them live though I came close once.

My favorites:

This one, The Catalyst and Breaking The Habit were three of my favorite songs. I liked that they turned political at one point. He was socially aware and (probably) a nice person.

So many memories of my teenagehood and also the end of my childhood are linked to his songs... this is so sad, thanks for this thread

tumblr_onl7kjm7SV1rr0bkio3_250.gif

I just wanna say, it's really hurtful that some people on this site hate that linkin park is #1 in some countries instead of Lana.

Don't they realise it has nothing to do with Lana? She will inevitably end up #1 in those countries soon enough anyway...

It's just like when David Bowie died, his albums made the charts again, and after the Manchester attack, Ariana got higher up in the charts. People are curious and they want to listen to the music that they associate with something tragic. It's just the way it is and there's no need to complain. Lust For Life is not losing success. And Linkin Park deserves some positive recognition right now.

Thanks everyone on this thread :) xxx