Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

257 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

I haven’t played this album for months, and I don’t know why since I do like some of the songs in it. But I don’t exactly miss hearing those songs either... it just feels weird because I usually play her albums again and again and again when they’re out. Maybe I’m just too caught up in the hype for NFR.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I haven’t played this album for months, and I don’t know why since I do like some of the songs in it. But I don’t exactly miss hearing those songs either... it just feels weird because I usually play her albums again and again and again when they’re out. Maybe I’m just too caught up in the hype for NFR.

Really? I play it daily, at a minimum, and I can't imagine anything from NFR coming close to the brilliance that is LFL. 

Really? I play it daily, at a minimum, and I can't imagine anything from NFR coming close to the brilliance that is LFL. 

Yep, really. It's weird because I played BTD, UV and HM for months once they got released. =/

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I always seem to be an album behind, I used to always listen to BTD and Paradise even when Ultraviolence was out, then when Honeymoon came out I didnt like it but then moved on to more Ultraviolence songs and played them all the time. I liked LFL but mostly in 2018 I have got into Honeymoon and i'd probably guess my top 3 most played Lana songs this year are Terrence, Loves You, Religion and Salvatore.

does anyone on this website have LFL as their fav Lana album? sometimes I go through phases where LFL is my fav. Do you think people generally regard it as her worst album? bc it seems most people on here love to trash it, but I feel like it will get better with age imo.

does anyone on this website have LFL as their fav Lana album? sometimes I go through phases where LFL is my fav. Do you think people generally regard it as her worst album? bc it seems most people on here love to trash it, but I feel like it will get better with age imo.

hmmm, i don't know, for me it's the opposite i think, lfl was the only thing i listened to when it came out, but i haven't listened to it for months now, and i don't even miss it tbh, so it hasn't aged well for me so farbut maybe it's only because the era has ended. (and i saw her live a few months ago, which btw was the last show of era, and i last saw her live 5 years ago and didn't expect her to come to my country (or anywhere near us), so i was REALLY excited for months, and then when the show ended i felt very low and it felt kinda weird to listen to her music (i don't know if anyone can relate but that's how i usually feel when something like that happens), so that show really ended the era for me)

personally it's my least favourite at the moment, but i still like it and definitely don't consider it bad. i think all the trashing the album got was a bit harsh, but i don't know, maybe it's only because it's a forum and people like being dramatic 

I never meant to be bad or unwell I was just living on the edge right between heaven and hell & I'm tired of it 

Can someone explain to me why people hate Coachella?

IDK, I find it beautiful... Especially near the end and background vocals "stairway to Heaveeeen". Now I know the song was recorded pretty fast, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

IDK, I find it beautiful... Especially near the end and background vocals "stairway to Heaveeeen". Now I know the song was recorded pretty fast, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Because only this part is good :creep:

I mean the lyrics? a NO

The production? a NO

The vocals? a NO

The intention? a YES but its not enough for a good song :hooker:

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

Because only this part is good :creep:

I mean the lyrics? a NO

The production? a NO

The vocals? a NO

The intention? a YES but its not enough for a good song :hooker:

TBH, I wasn't listening to it for a long time, and now I did and it's just beautiful. I don't really know much about production in general.

I fucking love it, I just find every single mention of "Coachella" cringey as fuck :eek:

I literally have it saved as "Woodstock In My Mind" for this reason lmao

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

I fucking love it, I just find every single mention of "Coachella" cringey as fuck :eek:

I literally have it saved as "Woodstock In My Mind" for this reason lmao

I was thinking in changing it into "Stairway To Heaven", but it's still "Coachella". :toofunny:

I was thinking in changing it into "Stairway To Heaven", but it's still "Coachella". :toofunny:

Isn't the full name "Roachella - Woodstock In My Mind"? It was an easy decision for me lol

I never listen to this album it's full of filler with a few highlights.

It should have been a double album. With a happy-ish trappy/trippy hipster side, and a witchy futuristic classic lana sadcore side.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Isn't the full name "Roachella - Woodstock In My Mind"? It was an easy decision for me lol

It is, I was just too lazy to type the whole name. :deadbanana: :toofunny:

It's a close second favorite for me behind the always perfect Born to Die.