Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

All that artificial hate towards LFL is annoying. Y’all know that LFL is a very good album.

Some of y’all just lack the attention span to enjoy a longer album like LFL.

Lol it's not about how long it is, I don't think that's the main issue

It's not very cohesive and the collaborations are unnecessary. The production is cheap compared to what we've heard previously and vocally not very impressive.

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

Coachella is amazing in terms of lyrics and what the meaning is behind it, but the production of the instrumental is very lackluster and the trap beats don't make it any better.

I honestly dislike the lyrics & concept as well, I find them very 'Tumblr-ish white American girl', it's such a basic (and bad) song

tumblr_plbqy2X0Hg1twenha_400.gif

All that artificial hate towards LFL is annoying. Y’all know that LFL is a very good album.

Some of y’all just lack the attention span to enjoy a longer album like LFL.

I know right? This album is still so good, I miss it when I don't hear it for a couple of days. The title track, change, groupie love :heart:

I mean...it's excellent

Just wait one more year and they're all gonna praise this album just like they did with Honeymoon

That I disagree with because Honeymoon is genuinely a very poor outing from her. 

Even though I got into LFL songs faster than some of Honeymoon's songs, I don't think it'll be praised more over time like Honeymoon... maybe the underrated tracks like GBA and WTWWAW will get more praise and there are tracks on the same level as Get Free and are fucking amazing, but the album as a whole? I rearranged that tracklist so many times, and yet there's still too much inconsistency on LFL.

i KNOW y'all aren't about to "to be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty" this goddamn album :toofunny:

the thing is is that Honeymoon was innovative and beautiful

lfl is a rap feature mess

but nfr will have rap features too but it will be worse because instead of 16 there will be just 11 songs

I just realized this... is there a reason Lana stopped working with Dan Heath? If she worked with the some of the same producers for BTD, why not Dan? And why scrap what she did with Justin Parker (Wild One) when BPBP stayed and their previous work is amazing too? Sorry if all these questions are late or have been asked already, but I joined late. Lol I'm just imagining how the album could've sounded now... like instead of the trap beats it could've had a more orchestral side to it like BTD/P for it to come full circle, but also acoustic to show her progress and bridge the transition to the direction she's headed (NFR).

I just realized this... is there a reason Lana stopped working with Dan Heath? If she worked with the some of the same producers for BTD, why not Dan? And why scrap what she did with Justin Parker (Wild One) when BPBP stayed and their previous work is amazing too? Sorry if all these questions are late or have been asked already, but I joined late. Lol I'm just imagining how the album could've sounded now... like instead of the trap beats it could've had a more orchestral side to it like BTD/P for it to come full circle, but also acoustic to show her progress and bridge the transition to the direction she's headed (NFR).

Dan produced the strings in 13B, they didnt stop working together

image.png