Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

252 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Something to keep in mind about how great Lust for Life was is and always will be

Lana reached #1 beating the boys at their own game. (and by boys I also mean the misogynist in the record industry and 99% it seems of djs

(and remembering that boys=band members historically in music as a generic term, aka players aka playas)

Whether or not the new album can do so, forever Lana got Lust for Life to #1 and did what alot of female singers since then have not been able to do- which is to

debut at #1  regardless of whether or not anyone cares about charts,forever on record, Lana did it, and has TWO #1 albums and what, 6 top 10 albums. and counting.

Personally, I find that damn impressive.

As for release date, most likely Lord Grange knows some inside info as to who when what why where will be releasing or dropping surprise and mid-year can be anywhere from April to Summer anyhow, being that now the 4th quarter is mostly holiday music and awards (and the music year runs somewhat Nov1 - Oct 31 give or take two weeks

depending on the awards.

Not to mention, Lana hit #1 with Hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me  on the New Alternative Songs so bragging rights can say she hit #1 on the charts with it.

(and like the new record,  there is not one song about any specific person Lust for Life like Honeymoon was directly about her. and the tonal differences between first part last part goes to show there is no repetition of lyrics as one part is slightly meaningful in a different way (same with the songs that have followed).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Nope

We only have snippets of the stems and a ten second edit of the final version with the string stems

Ah, that's a (Summer) bummer. :(

giphy.gifTwitter: johndelferro

how can people hate In My Feelings, God Bless and When The World Was At War tho

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

I check my play count for the songs on this album and I listened to Heroin exactly one time, the night the album came out

I-

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Do you think Max Martin would have done a better job with Cherry's production?

No. Cherry is perfect as it is

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.