Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Honestly this was my favorite era with Lana since I actually followed what she did throughout it

Yeah same it was the first era that I was really active and also the first time I saw her live so it's very special for me

It seems so - I can now listen to IMF and Coachella and ENJOY them!

Coachella IS a cute song

8bed6302093afb3474710b83255143a8.gif

I don't call it "Coachella" bc it sounds hella stupid lol, it's WIMM for me. But yeah it's such a cute song, I'm only over it because I probably listened to it about 5000 times when it first came out. I really like it. Now IMF? I fucking LOVE that song! It could be better, yes, but honestly it's such a bop, and such a mood too. I could have written that song myself with the fucking losers I always fall for :smokes3:

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

A concept:

Young and in Love (with strings)

Something Real

Lust for Life (“Blade Runner”/“art-song” Version)

Cherry (with slightly heavier guitars)

So Good (solo, with bridge)

White Mustang

The Next Best American Record

God Bless America

When the World Was at War

Tomorrow Never Came (ft. Father John Misty)*

Yosemite**

Heroin

Change

Get Free

Deluxe Bonus Tracks

Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems (ft. Stevie Nicks)

Hail Mary/Mary/Mary (Scared of Me) [whatever tf it’s actually called :toofunny:]

Woodstock in My Mind

Groupie Love (ft. ASAP Rocky) [maybe release as a promo single/standalone track]

Lust for Life (Single Version) [ft. The Weeknd]***

*Didn’t happen but omg imagine him singing with Lana on TNC. I like Sean’s parts but omg. A concept tbh

**Not sure where Yosemite would fit but I put it after TNC bc she said they’re both reminiscent of ‘70s folk songs. Its spot may change if we ever get to hear it lol

***The version that was actually released; release this version as a single and actually promote it if the label wants a hit lmao

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Weird idea but if WM is really about G-Greasy, then the line "the day your record dropped" confuses me. 

His most recent record was released in December 2017 and his one prior to that in December 2015, which do not coincide with when they may have dated?

or is she referring to a single release?

or am I overthinking this?

Weird idea but if WM is really about G-Greasy, then the line "the day your record dropped" confuses me.

His most recent record was released in December 2017 and his one prior to that in December 2015, which do not coincide with when they may have dated?

This song could be about him and another ex (like the one she sings about in BAR). We associated WM to G-Greasy because he drives a black Mustang (I think? At least, there are pictures of him with a black Mustang), we know they dated around that time, and the « And it’s not even that good » line she added in concert (when his album was out).

It’s never totally clear who is the guy in her songs (what songs could be about Francesco? Who knows?) The only song that is probably 100% about him is In My Feelings: it was added late in the mix and she is clearly talking about him moving on to Halsey.

His most recent record was released in December 2017 and his one prior to that in December 2015, which do not coincide with when they may have dated?

This song could be about him and another ex (like the one she sings about in BAR). We associated WM to G-Greasy because he drives a Black Mustang, we know they dated around that time, and the « And it’s not even that good » line she added in concert (when his album was out).

It’s never totally clear who is the guy in her songs (what songs could be about Francesco? Who knows?) The only song that is probably 100% about him is In My Feelings: it was added late in the mix and she is clearly talking about him moving on to Halsey.

she also made a G shape with her hands once while singing WM so I think it's mainly about him

listening to his new album & feeling some type of way about it doesn't really mean anything... just that she was interested in his music and probably lowkey crushing on him. not that they were dating or that they had even met at the time.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

this is for lana you big fat white nasty smelling fat bitch why’d you took yosemite off the motherfucking album with your trifling dirty white racist ass big fat bitch oompa loompa body ass bitch I’m coming up there and I’m gonna beat the fuck outta you bitch

Spring is slowly coming in Canada... and LFL sure is perfect for that time of year.

I had not listened to LFL (song) for a long time, and it is such a beautiful hopeful sexy ballad.

This album really captures that weird time in a lifetime when you want to be happy, want to move away from your demons and yet can’t help but reproduce old patterns. The softness of Change, after the heavier production of the other tracks, is so soothing. And the album ends up on such a high note, with the chorus of Get Free, bursted with such energy, almost like a cry for help.

An underrated album (at least here).

she also made a G shape with her hands once while singing WM so I think it's mainly about him

listening to his new album & feeling some type of way about it doesn't really mean anything... just that she was interested in his music and probably lowkey crushing on him. not that they were dating or that they had even met at the time.

She made the G shape at her No Vacancy show/Q&A while singing In My Feelings, she did threw shade at him while singing White Mustang in Denver tho 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ehxhWw4RU

8nl2OpX.png

am I crazy or was the font for L4L confirmed as Caslon Swash?

Garamond Bold Italic, I believe

https://www.dafont.com/forum/read/313645/lust-for-life-lana-del-rey

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Just stopped by to say that although the structure of LFL (song)’s lyrics probably got fucked up when the song got re-arranged the melody and instrumental/production are both fabulous

8LQ1.gif

As a whole i’d say lust for life is my least favorite lana album but it’s not a bad album tbh. It just lacks cohesiveness and it has 2 songs i skip, white mustang and coachella (which i’ve never had with lana’s albums, with the previous ones i literally like all the songs). But if it were more cohesive and certain tracks would just be bonus tracks it would be a great album, like, I really like all the songs except for white mustang and coachella. Also Change could’ve been a bonus track tbh, then the album would be somewhat cohesive. The Next Best American Record should’ve been on it but we all been knew that already. RBFY should’ve been on it but not really tbh because it would fit perfect on NFR and I really need it to be on NFR, otherwise I will riot.

qfrWuBl.png