Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Right? I wish it was longer, though.

Sincerely,

Shortest track on the fucking album

There's actually a fantastic (fanmade) extended version somewhere on LanaBoards and it really elevates the song! It's one of my favourites from Lust For Life now and I haven't listened to the original in months lol.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

The only issue with WM is the basic, corny ass lyrics. I'm IN LOVE with the music & her delivery.... If you just change the lyrics in your mind it's beautiful.

I'm kinda focused on being a baddie right now. I can't really work.

Not sure if I can find the answer to this anywhere else on the thread but I had been listening to Cherry and wanted to know the deciphered lyrics to the vocals that begin to layer in the background after she says ‘are ruined’ half way through the song. Is it just mumbling? All I can make out is ‘sippin on’ or something. I hope someone knows what I mean and can inform me bc they arent on Genius ‍♂

Not sure if I can find the answer to this anywhere else on the thread but I had been listening to Cherry and wanted to know the deciphered lyrics to the vocals that begin to layer in the background after she says ‘are ruined’ half way through the song. Is it just mumbling? All I can make out is ‘sippin on’ or something. I hope someone knows what I mean and can inform me bc they arent on Genius ‍♂

It's been discussed before in the Cherry thread:

Filtered this!! you can most definitely hear "can i get a fucking hallelujah, looking at me like a..." it cuts off at that part bc she starts saying rose garden dreams and you cant hear it anymore

http://picosong.com/wR5Wc/

I am now more than convinced BGV lyrics are

"Can I get a fucking hallelujah?

Looking at me like a rose garden

Can I get a fucking hallelujah?

Sipping on you like a coca cola"

Thanks! I love that

I'm pretty sure the first line is "Can I get a fucking hallelujah", but personally, I'm not so sure about the other lines.

At 2:01 you hear a "w" sound, where it seems like she's saying "working like you've never seen a..." or something like that. 

Also, the "clean" version of Cherry has clearer background vocals, though it's still not entirely decipherable. 

I've been going thru such an emotionally turbulent time, n usually I do well w these things, but something got mucky and actually affected me pretty bad, and it all just accumulated after me trying harder to get over things, searching for some kind of zest of life, and breaking down a little. Never underestimate a true good cry, and never, ever give up. Ended up listening to Troye Sivan and the title track during the drive back, and it all felt ok again. .. cheers to the magic and the endorphins n neurotransimitters and the music that made things a lot smoother. This record is pretty thoughtful when u need it to be  :heart:

UV/Honeymoon

13 Beaches will always be so special to me. Not just because I love it (duh) and it's one of my all time favourites.

I know the song is about paparazzis and Lana's fame, but I will always associate with the summer of 2017... That was not really my year lmao. I was in love with this boy... and fuck, it was horrible. 13 Beaches IS like 2017 to me. That summer, in late July, when LFL just had been released, I sat at the "beach" more like lake, and gazed into the "horizon" and listened to it on repeat and just... felt the lyrics and cried. Was lightly depressed, so empty inside. One of the worst periods of my life. 13 Beaches will always remind me of that lol. Still love it even though my memories are like.. yeah, bad. It's just such a beautiful song that should have been the opening song on LFL...

Can I let go, and let your memory dance

In the ballroom of my mind?

Across the county line

It hurts to love you, but I still love you

It's just the way I feel

And I'd be lyin', if I kept hidin'

The fact that I can't deal

And that I've been dyin' (yeah)

For somethin' real

That I've been dyin' for somethin' real

I reaaaaally felt those lyrics

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

a classic a fucking classic

Honestly this trailer is better to listen to than most of the tracks. 

So what is the consensus on this album, great or not?

I just gave you my review in the comment above. You're welcome. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream