Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

remember when ben said something about them putting extra time into the vinyl for LFL and then it literally was her most basic vinyl run 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

remember when ben said something about them putting extra time into the vinyl for LFL and then it literally was her most basic vinyl run 

at least there's a photo when u open it unlike NFR 

I don't think I've ever listened to this album without skips. I can't stand BPBP and Coachella. Also not a fan of In My Feelings but it has its place on the album and I know it's a fan favorite so it's whatever. White Mustang isn't terrible but it really is so boring. Other than that, I enjoy this album. The lack of cohesion just makes it so hard to just put this album on and let it play through though.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I don't think I've ever listened to this album without skips. I can't stand BPBP and Coachella. Also not a fan of In My Feelings but it has its place on the album and I know it's a fan favorite so it's whatever. White Mustang isn't terrible but it really is so boring. Other than that, I enjoy this album. The lack of cohesion just makes it so hard to just put this album on and let it play through though.

Most of the time, I can‘t listen to BPBP. It‘s a solid song, but I barely feel like listening to it. Very rarely

Most of the time, I can‘t listen to BPBP. It‘s a solid song, but I barely feel like listening to it. Very rarely

Interesting! BPBP is one of the few songs I return to every time I play LFL

The first 45 seconds of BPBP are so stunningly awesome but it really goes downhill when that strange woman comes in :facepalm:

The first 45 seconds of BPBP are so stunningly awesome but it really goes downhill when that strange woman comes in :facepalm:

Um, y'all can call her SpongeBob or whatever because of her voice but calling her a "strange woman" is lowkey misogyny. 

Listend to Lust For Life yesterday and it's a good album.

It is a good album. it was perfect for summer, very easy to listen to. True, it's very diverse, true, the story is not that clear to discern, but after HM (which i adore, don't get me wrong), she needed to go a bit extra with LFL. 

LFL came out at a time of my life where I was so mixed up, all over the place, and finding myself wanting to be happier than I was. I know it's the reason why I connected to much with it. 

I have an ignorant question, how do production credits actually work?

The names get credited in alphabetical order? Or they get credited by theamount of production done to a certain track?

Because for example Lana gets the main production credits on most of LFL songs and I learned about thi a couole of days ago and I was shocked at the fact this wasn't talked more (I think).

8nl2OpX.png

idk man, the Coca Cola bottle green blue vinyl color is quite gorgeous

negAbhB.png

Lust for Life, while having some GREAT songs, is not the album I run the fastest to... 

I can't quite understand it myself, I love Cherry, Heroin, White Mustang and many others. But for some reason, some of the songs I like less "taint" the album. Quite weird... 

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

Is it a reach to speculate that TNBAR would have been a single from L4L, considering that the mv for White Mustang was most likely for the song?

no, not at all. I still really wish that the original BAR was on this record, it would've been a standout whereas the version we got on NFR only serves to make the second half of the album bloated

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF