Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

251 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

yeah i loved the MTWBT vid, the opening gives me chills when the neon sign lights up :wowcry:

you know i found that beginning very well put together and chilling too, it reminds me of 13 beaches because every time i hear "i'm camera ready" i have these huge feelings: i can see her looking at the camera and walking in - in a "i'm ready for my close ups" way 

1. Heroin
  2. Cherry
  3. Best American Record  :toofunny: 
  4. Get Free
  5. White Mustang
  6. 13 Beaches
  7. Groupie Love
  8. When the World Was At War We Kept Dancing
  9. Beautiful People
  10. Tomorrow Never Came
  11. Change
  12. In My Feelings
  13. Love
  14. Lust For Life
  15. Summer Bummer
  16. God Bless America
  17. Coachella

I know this is old after almost 2 months of the release but seems like I finally decided my ranking based on how much I play the songs per week or so, not on how good the songs are because Love and LFL would be higher lol

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Okay so that's a wrap for this era's music videos then... can't wait to see what she has in store for the next record, i'd like to see her go back to her roots and make her own homeade videos again cus they're so sweet

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Born To Die music video was so elegant and artistic and equisite and opulent and beautiful and asdfghjkl.

100% Agree! That video was pure ART. Perfect cinematography, perfect lighting, perfect locations, perfect everything. Idk what's happened to her visuals anymore, they seem so lazy and careless. She's either had a brain transplant since 2014 or she just needs better directors... way, waaay better directors.

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

100% Agree! That video was pure ART. Perfect cinematography, perfect lighting, perfect locations, perfect everything. Idk what's happened to her visuals anymore, they seem so lazy and careless. She's either had a brain transplant since 2014 or she just needs better directors... way, waaay better directors.

I feel like she used to write songs and imagine video concepts with her fame/Hollywood/Lolita fantasies in her mind back in the day (2012). Now she's doing all of that but with the real world in her mind, that's why we got tracks like Coachella and GBA from LFL and not-so-iconic video concepts.

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

holy shit, she looks over the mess in her dreams like her peaches are ruined and it continues on as you said 

and she breaks the forth wall when she curses in her dream or hallucination (that(s too much, in't it? it's too extra to look at the camera)

I finally have someone to spazz fangirl ideas with! :poordat:

You probably didn't mean anything hurtful by that but it sounded mean in my ears. :crossed:

Be careful with words!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I kinda see why Lana hates us, all we ever do is complain lol :eek:

But seriously, she matured, settled down and now she is basically saying she gives zero fucks about our opinions and she's trying to innovate, and she does deserve some slack though. I'm not really defending her lazy ass, but she isn't the old 'spank me daddy' tumblr girl anymore. Let's see where this new self-discovery era takes her. All I want is for her to be happy and releasing life is beautiful.

it's my opinion, please don't kill me

Fayyt7N.png

I really like the song itself, its a strong song, I know a lot of you would have preferred a different song to receive video treatment and I agree (13 Beaches for me). This just all seems so pointless because its a good song with a random music video that has no connection to the song.

qsVmBMd.png