Elle

Lust For Life - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Lust for Life  

255 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Lust for Life?

• Love
    • Lust for Life
    • 13 Beaches
    • Cherry
    • White Mustang
    • Summer Bummer
    • Groupie Love
    • In My Feelings
    • Coachella - Woodstock in my Mind
    • God Bless America - and All the Beautiful Women in It
    • When The World Was at War We Kept Dancing
    • Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
    • Tomorrow Never Came
    • Heroin
    • Change
    • Get Free

Okay now that I'm home from school, the White Mustang video was very very beautiful and aesthetically pleasing. I just hated how you can so obviously tell that it was hastily edited and the plot was probably completely destroyed from the original video (which by now is legit 100% for BAR). It made me not able to enjoy the video to it's full potential, not to mention that I love seeing Lana lip-syncing the lyrics (iconic moments like MTWBT guitar hand movements, etc) and that was another thing that I couldn't bare not having. (It was also a pinnacle of why I don't really like the Freak video) (But to be fair, I'm very thankful that the recycled stuff was actually from the same era this time..)

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

Perhaps Lana is just low on creative juices? She has been famous for a bit now, so she can't always be the same as Lizzy Grant or Lana Del Ray (AKA), or channel those times in her life in the same way, if that makes sense. (Or maybe she can and just doesn't want to?) Maybe she needs to get out of her comfort zone again and experience life in a way that can make her songs and concepts more fresh. I'm not saying her concepts on LFL aren't good. I loved the album. Heroin and Get Free sounded new for Lana and also amazing in my opinion. But she really could use something that makes her sound more fresh like she did on Born to Die.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

The MV is beautiful but as some of you said: it has no connection with the song.

I hope she release at least more 2 MVs before this era ends and we get thirsty for LDR6. I want so much a MV for Cherry, Summer Bummer, Groupie Love, God Bless America, When The World, Beautiful People and Get Free

original.gif

Queen of creating incredible, cinematic music but choosing to reject making visuals for half of her songs that truly deserve it... Seriously though how can songs like OTTR, Old Money, Salvatore, Cola not have any music video? They literally scream for iconic visuals :defeated:

And then there's shit like Despacito and Anaconda getting MV's... what a messed up world

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Queen of creating incredible, cinematic music but choosing to reject making visuals for half of her songs that truly deserve it... Seriously though how can songs like OTTR, Old Money, Salvatore, Cola not have any music video? They literally scream for iconic visuals :defeated:

And then there's shit like Despacito and Anaconda getting MV's... what a messed up world

OTTR has homemade video

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

When Lana enters Heaven and says "I used everything you gave me" to God he's gonna be all like damn girl you mean during UV era or

"Lust for Life era says hi"

- God

OTTR has homemade video

link?

link?

Yeah I know it looks like a Fanmade, but apparently it's real, she edited it herself

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

All those unnecessary essays about a music video. Most Musicians almost always struggle w putting out a great music video unless they have a huge budget(and they still can fuck it up) or whatever. The only artist that has an incredibly solid videography that I can think of right now is Björk but that's because she's God

Anyway, Lana has a handful of shit videos but that doesn't really take away anything from her artistry. Music videos are not as timeless as music and no one cares for them after the initial hype dies down lol

Yeah I know it looks like a Fanmade, but apparently it's real, she edited it herself

Idk if that was her, it looks more like something D!ETPUSSY would make, whenever she made homeade ones she always used a lot of cuts and random imagery